The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
90287A02DD029DCFA331CB68BBECA5BB741D4E6C

Legends=the top eight teams from the prior Valve Major. They dont need to qualify the next Valve Major.
Challengers=Finished 9th-16th at the prior Valve Major. Are automatically invited to the next Qualifier. Where the must finish in the top 8 to participate in the next Valve Major.

For the Valve Major Qualifier 16 teams compete for the 8 remaining slots. 8 are the Challengers from the prior Valve Major. Remaining 8 are selected from the Minor Qualifiers. Top 2 teams through a BO3 format are selected from Asia, EU, NA and SA; totaling the remaining 8 spots. Anyone can sign up for the Minor Qualifiers.
So if 3 or more players transfer to another team they carry their status from the previous major to their next team?
What happens if a team were to split and the players end up on 4 different team for instance? Do they add another challenger team to the upcoming qualifier?

Lol at Echo Fox. They drew best team in all 3 tiers.

Echo and Optic will be finishing last in their groups. With Cloud9 its a tie with them and Faze.

All the groups though are stacked. Should lead to some interesting game : )

Nah, Optic can end up any place in that group.

Dig and Fnatic will beat them. The only wild card is which version of EnvyUS will show up.

I called for Daps to be replaced when the ESL season started. Mechanically he was worse than Slemmy when on Cloud9. Stanis is the better player. Yet the team has mediocre highs and their lows are cringe worthy.

Immortals, VP and NiP are the only teams playing to their form since the break. ESL NY will be showing us a lot with how the ECS, ESL and ELeague league/lans will be playing out the remainder of this year.

For i find it hard to believe that dennis and olofmeister will be quiet in that series letting Optic win it.

If Olof and Dennis don't go off, then they can be upset.

Even if Olof and Dennis do go off, they can't just be 2v5

Look at Navi last year; if Guardian was absent, they always dropped in semi's / quarters.

Fnatic, to me are a bit unknown, even though they've had decent online results (with a very limited amount of games), they have the raw talent, but its hard to know.

Godsent are a bit more "known" and have been losing out on Qual's quite a bit.

Look at Navi last year; if Guardian was absent, they always dropped in semi's / quarters.

Na'Vis style changed a lot over the past year. Originally their focus was on Guardian getting entry and play off of that. Today their playstyle is leaning towards team play.

Guardian was absent during the entire Columbus Major and Na'Vi made the finals. Only reason they lost the Cluj Major was for EnvyUS hit their prime. First half of this year Fnatic were gods with NaVi and SK only coming to Fnatics level.

Na'Vi just got 2-0'd by Fnatic in ESL Pro League. While its online play, both matches werent that competitive.

Other match that has my interest is Cloud9 vs TSM to qualify for ESL NY lan next week. Cloud9 appear to be slowly reentering their slump an TSM showed massive improvement at the ECS lan in June.

Its definitely interesting times in Pro CSGO. Fnatic, with only Dennis/Olaf, still basically stomped all over Navi. Even though S1mple shouldn't have the "we never beat Fnatic" issue that the rest of Navi has, it was pretty cool to see that Fnatic still "looked" like the oldish Fnatic with the aggression, and reads.

When Lekr0 and Wenton are clutching like Flusha-lite, and Twist does some JW-lite peaking, your in good shape.

I'm a big fan of Navi as well, so, I'm sad.

But, happy for C9 improving, even as Liquid falls to ashes (hopefully not, but..)

I like your thoughts on the 2-0, and a potential overtime. Optic are still in that weird spot where they upset teams (including EU), but mostly stuck on T2. Their like the NA 2015 moussports.

Heh, this was from reddit as a reaction to a silly ass round from Optic/C9:

(Gifv link, don't know how to embed).

Optic playing like they've had a 3 month roster of practice with their movement/positions. Pretty nuts. I think its only been 2-3 weeks of this new 5 person roster.

Anyways, Liquid sold a controlling interest to several Basketball folks. I love all this money coming into eSports:
https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/27/wizards-warriors-and-magic-a-strategic-partnership

https://pvplive.net/c/team-liquid-purchased-by-key-washington-dc-sports-
Team Liquid has announced that controlling interest of the team has been purchased by the aXiomatic ownership group.

aXiomatic is led by two renowned professional sports team owners, as well as media and tech moguls, Peter Guber and Ted Leonsis.

Guber is the CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group, and the co-owner of the Golden State Warriors, LA Dodgers, and LA Football Club (MLS). Meanwhile, Leonsis is the founder of Monumental Sports & Entertainment which owns the Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, as well as the Verizon Center in Washington DC. Also among the investment group is Magic Johnson.

I dunno, why are you so confident in fnatic?

16-3 win for Fnatic against Optic on Train : )

Olof had his moments with Dennis mostly being quiet. Surprisingly Lekro had the key frags for the map.

Crap, I have to wake up in 6 hours, so no 3rd map SK-VP for me or final.

I had to go to work (Jewish Holidays) so i missed the second half of Overpass. Luckily i got home in time for the finals. If you watch the VOD's just view the 1st and 3rd map of the finals. 2nd map was the opposite team doing exactly what the other team did on the first map with less flashy plays.

ESL need to schedule things better. Grand Final didnt end till around 2am here locally in NY.

Of the teams that made playoffs only Virtus Pro were good online.

That quote is so fucking funny, given VP's history online :D

Greeeeat fucking semi's/final's ESL One New York. Despite the shitty lag/stream issues that popped up from time to time, some ridiculous games.

Nice to see Navi get a LAN win, and see top-tier CS in flux with very close teams.

Last edited:
Excited to get back to the game. Was traveling quite a bit and was 2 months without playing. I also had my mic broken so I didnt want come back to playing the game and made excuses about the break. Was scared to come back to be honest because I always play like shit after longer pauses, but after couple of games, I got it going decently enough and ordered myself a new microphone. Hopefully it wont break anytime soon and it will have a high enough quality...

Sucks though that with my internet here in Spain, I can barely watch the streams. I used to love matches and majors were big celebration for me couple of years ago and even bit over a year ago. Always bought kebab, soda, some alcohol and stuff like that and enjoyed the matches and played in between. Cant do it with this connection though, lag everywhere

Massive VAC wave today. SteamDB is also indicating that the new Operation will be released tonight or this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back