The State of UFC 301, 7 Weeks Out

Has Tatiana recovered from the knee injury that made her pull out of 298?

Easily one of the biggest “what ifs” in UFC history, imo. Injuries/illness have butchered her career.
Not too sure of the extent of her injury, but I reckon they'll make these 2 fight one another again

I think they may be figuring out whether the UK(July 20th) or Salt-Lake(July 27th) will be July's ppv.

With Tom/Leon/Paddy/MVP they'd be silly not to make the UK card the ppv imo. But if not then Leon could be utilized for 302 in Newark or 303 in Vegas. Or maybe Salt-Lake again but the sooner the better imo.
Yeah the UFC PPV card could be a good one:
- Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad II
- Tom Aspinall vs. Curtis Blaydes
- MVP vs. Gilbert Burns
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Brad Riddell
- Arnold Allen vs. Yair Rodriguez

Most people would tune in for that card. A lot of big names, and a fully English main card.

Chuck Molly Mccann, Nathaniel wood, Lerone Murphy, CLD, Nicolas Dalby, Gunnar Nelson on the prelims and you're looking at a very decent card

This will be a very good fight night level card

good card with the exception of the wmma fight and the paul craig fight

Would have made more sense to put Leon/Belal as 300 co main, elevate Max/Justin to main event and keep Alex/Hill on 301. People were gonna bitch about 300's main event no matter what, as long as it wasnt Belal/Leon you could get away with it.

Max/Justin would have ended 300 with a bang and then 301 would have had Alex/hill, Fly title fight, maybe Costa turns around, Barboza, you have Petrino/Smith, Caio/Craig. They also should have moved Jailton/Blaydes to 301, if we're being honest 299 was already so stacked they didnt need it on the prelims.

Suddenly 301 looks really good if they did that but now they have no main event.

Fly title fight, maybe you get Costa, maybe Barboza, few fights on there already but whats the main event?

View attachment 1034588
I suppose they can sneak the Barralho & Brener fights on the maincard but they still need 3 "PPV worthy" fights including a main-event.

The only opponent that would create any buzz for Pantoja would be Horiguchi & I feel like the UFC would've signed him already if they were interested. Mokaev? Royval 3??

The only other decent Brazilian names that are healthy & unbooked, that I can think of, are:

-Paulo Costa
-Edson Barboza
-Michel Pereira

What can be done to reasonably salvage this card?

What are you saying?

orb ,gniyd si cfu

Might have to poke UFC with a stick, cuz I think it might be dead

It has some decent names and cool fights, but even with a title fight headliner it is lacking so much in value.

I mean this was the Fight Night card that went down at the start of COVID:

Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Catchweight (158.5 lb)Charles Oliveiradef.Kevin LeeSubmission (guillotine choke)30:28
WelterweightGilbert Burnsdef.Demian MaiaTKO (punches)12:34
LightweightRenato Moicanodef.Damir HadžovićSubmission (rear-naked choke)10:44
Light HeavyweightNikita Krylovdef.Johnny WalkerDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
LightweightFrancisco Trinaldodef.John MakdessiDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)35:00
FlyweightBrandon Morenodef.Jussier FormigaDecision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
Women's StrawweightAmanda Ribasdef.Randa MarkosDecision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–25)35:00
WelterweightElizeu Zaleski dos Santosdef.Alexey KunchenkoDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
BantamweightEnrique Barzolavs.Rani YahyaDraw (majority) (29–28, 28–28, 28–28)35:00
Women's FlyweightMaryna Morozdef.Mayra Bueno SilvaDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
FlyweightDavid Dvořákdef.Bruno Gustavo da SilvaDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
Women's BantamweightBea Maleckidef.Veronica MacedoDecision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)3
5:00

This shit was more stacked as a Brazil Fight Night than the Brazil PPV is today!

Back