The "Striker vs Wrestler" Narrative Always Ends The Same Way

bogeyj

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
...with the striker getting grapple-fucked <FutbolThink>

why do we continue to get excited for these matchups?

unless that striker pulls some miracle out of his ass (like Anderson against Sonnen), the striker loses 9 times out of 10

wolf tickets bro <{chips}>

Last edited:
But that's why we watch MMA :):)
For the chance of that 1 out of 10 ;)
masvidal-askren.gif

Izzy vs Vettori and Brunson. Cannonier vs Brunson. Martins vs Makhachev, Rumble vs Bader, Rumble vs Glover, Conor vs Mendes, Silva vs Sonnen, Aldo vs every wrestler he's ever fought, Ngannou vs Cain, Ngannou vs Stipe 2 , Wonderboy vs Hendricks, Joanna vs Esparza, Lawler vs Hendricks 2 and so on and so forth. Not even trying to think here, I could name hundreds more probably if you want me to.

Izzy vs Vettori and Brunson. Cannonier vs Brunson. Martins vs Makhachev, Rumble vs Bader, Rumble vs Glover, Conor vs Mendes, Silva vs Sonnen, Aldo vs every wrestler he's ever fought, Ngannou vs Cain, Ngannou vs Stipe 2 , Wonderboy vs Hendricks, Joanna vs Esparza, Lawler vs Hendricks 2 and so on and so forth. Not even trying to think here, I could name hundreds more probably if you want me to.
And it happened pretty early on too. Maurice Smith vs. Conan (ok a bjj guy but it was a first) and Smith vs. Coleman. There is also Williams vs. Coleman too, but that seems more like taking advantage of then technically legal kick with a shoe to the face of an exhausted opponent. Don't know if it would change the outcome, though, but it clearly assisted.
Then there is Chuck vs. Randleman. Chuck showed the blueprint too handling wrestlers with unimaginative or one dimensional takedowns. Although I must admit, Randleman could do more in a clinch if he could get it, a las Randleman vs. Fedor.
I think if a wrestler (or grappler) and striker are on par, it might be more 6 of 10 or 7 out of 10.

Its more homo but definitely brutally efficient

Same as having a finger up your ass

what

Lawler and Volk have wrestling background like Liddle....

unless that striker pulls some miracle out of his ass (like Anderson against Sonnen), the striker loses 9 times out of 10

All these fools citing exceptions, but proving the overall point. It is why all the Dagestanis are crushing MMA (besides the Nigerians, but one of the Nigerians is a wrestler, the other two are exceptions.) Its Dagestan and Nigerians at the tops of divisions!

If things don't go Masvidal's way he has a tendency to check out after round 2 ends. I'd agree with your initial statement but I think in my opinion it would be much lower than 9 out of 10.

Back