The Swamp Draining Continues...

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump plans to name John Rood, a senior executive at defense contractor Lockheed Martin Corp and a 20-year veteran of various government roles, as undersecretary of defense for policy, the Pentagon’s No. 3 job, the White House said on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...r-top-pentagon-policy-post-idUSKBN1CH05K?il=0

I look forward to President Trump's continued harsh crackdown on corruption in politics.

What's your argument against him

Good. I want my defense guys to know about guns.

Neat, he put an expert on weapons and weapons manufacturing into that job

What kind of person did you want? A politician or """academic"""" who's ever worked in the industry?

Neat, he put an expert on weapons and weapons manufacturing into that job

What kind of person did you want? A politician or """academic"""" who's ever worked in the industry?
Someone without an impossibly huge conflict of interest would be a good start.

Donald Trump is running head first into reality, even if some Trump fans really hate that reality. This is a product of: "Once you are elected you have to govern." to paraphrase Jonah Goldberg.

I would also add that there are a finite number of credible technocrats capable of understanding let alone running complex bureaucratic systems.

Donald Trump alienated most of these credible government employees, so his well of "super smart people!" has shallow waters.

To put it very, very simply: no Joe the Plumber could run a Pentagon or even a Post Office.

Also, I bet there are any number of distinguished professors/analysts who would be more than capable. I'd even be ok with someone from the military. It is the Pentagon after all.

To put it very, very simply: no Joe the Plumber could run a Pentagon or even a Post Office.
That doesn't mean it needs to be a top executive at an all time military contractor. He also worked for Raytheon and did CIA work, etc. He's as inside MIC as it gets. People whose entire life revolves around selling weapons and weapons systems isn't a good fit for "defense". If we're serious about defending ourselves, as opposed to using our military as a branch of our state capitalism.

Last edited:
Also, I bet there are any number of distinguished professors/analysts who would be more than capable. I'd even be ok with someone from the military. It is the Pentagon after all.

I have to quibble with this.

most professors/analysts have:

A. Said something negative about the Donald. A sin which can not be forgiven...

B. Were "never Trump" ers if on the right.

Basically a large majority of the intellectual right was and in many ways is against Trump, and that goes back to the original sin of A...

I have to quibble with this.

most professors/analysts have:

A. Said something negative about the Donald. A sin which can not be forgiven...

B. Were "never Trump" ers if on the right.

Basically a large majority of the intellectual right was and in many ways is against Trump, and that goes back to the original sin of A...
I'm speaking as a general principal to fill that position under any President. As in, who would I like to see in government.

Last edited:
That doesn't mean it needs to be a top executive at an all time military contractor. he also worked for Raytheon and did CIA work, etc. He's as inside MIC as it gets. People whose entire life revolves around selling weapons and weapons systems isn't a good fit for "defense". If we're serious about defending ourselves as opposed to using our military as a branch of our state capitalism.

Good. I want my defense guys to know about guns.

But was this exec in the military, and knows how to use said gun or knows what guns to use for situation? Maybe better if they hired an ex military guy who has some business acumen, or is in politics already.

That doesn't mean it needs to be a top executive at an all time military contractor. he also worked for Raytheon and did CIA work, etc. He's as inside MIC as it gets. People whose entire life revolves around selling weapons and weapons systems isn't a good fit for "defense". If we're serious about defending ourselves as opposed to using our military as a branch of our state capitalism.

Yeah, but you are kind of jumping to a deeper truth there!

That a man who changed his politics in six months from business tycoon to true red meat American populist might have more in common with corporatist honchos at heart than a construction worker from Pennsylvania.

"Trump likes generals!" is seen as strength by the legions of Trump Nation, but what that means is, he can not or will not get along with anyone else and shocker here for a lot of posters not named HomerThompson, might not say what he means, to the extent he means anything beyond power.

People said the same thing when he stole talent from Goldman Sachs tho. Drumph wasnt draining the swamp, Goldman Sachs was pulling his strings, etc.

Fast forward to last week:

But Wall Street vultures, including Goldman Sachs, bought tens of billions of dollars in defaulted Puerto Rico municipal bonds for as low as 30 cents on the dollar last year. The speculators were betting that the threat of millions of impoverished Puerto Ricans migrating to the mainland would scare the White House and Republicans into backing a wildly lucrative federal bailout at 100 percent of the bonds’ value.

But President Trump, on his October 3 tour of Puerto Rico’s devastation, seemed tocrush hopes for a bail-out when he told Fox Business News, “They owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we’re going to have to wipe that out. You’re going to say goodbye to that, I don’t know if it’s Goldman Sachs, but whoever it is you can wave goodbye to that.”

Panic selling on October 4 caused Puerto Rico’s most recently issued benchmark bonds, due July 2035, to tank by 31 percent from 44 cents on the dollar to as low as 30.25 cents on the dollar. The price did recover slightly to 32 cents on the dollar late in the day.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/10/04/trump-puerto-rico-debt-wipe-out-crushes-wall-street/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back