The Thug Rose Hate Train is ridiculous

I was fully expecting to wake up today and watching a KO replay or at least highlights of her turning Ribas face into minced meat. Very surprised to hear she didn't come close to any of that??

She edged her out, mostly via control time and going body body head while sitting in guard. What's worse is that, to me, it looked more like Riba's bad fight IQ cost her more than anything rose actually did. I left that fight thinking Ribas threw it away more than Rose won.

Last edited:
The primary driving factor of criticism of Rose is Rose's decisions and actions so I don't really see what the problem is.

She gave her belt away by choosing to embrace pacifism during a title defense against the worst challenger in years.

She chose not to attempt to regain her title when the champ is someone she has 2 wins over.
That's high level stupid shit.

She has exceptional talent and ability and doesn't use it, fights stupid and then has delusional takes after her fights.

What the fuck is exactly beyond eligibility for criticism here?

Last edited:
I was fully expecting to wake up today and watching a KO replay or at least highlights of her turning Ribas face into minced meat. Very surprised to hear she didn't come close to any of that??
Actually I think she could have lost that fight. It was some rounds were close.

I thought it was 3-2 and a split decision wouldn’t of surprised me.

Rose is meh …. She’s good and experienced … not amazing … she’ll never be champ again and that’s fine.

I find her personality more crusty than her fight style

Didn't watch the fight. Fell asleep.

Is it worth watching on replay?
Lol same. I was struggling to stay up for the overtime college game and this main event and I jsut fell asleep after the college game

Nope, just got past Ribas. With screwy judges, we could've seen a split decision go the wrong way. Rose has all the talent in the world, but her mind isn't right.

I just laughed each time Ribas would put her arms up at the end of every round, even if she clearly lost it...then I remembered how incompetent some judges can be and figured it was a worthwhile tactic lol.

It's her corner IMO.

After she defeating JJ and Zhang for the 2nd time, they got wayyyyyy too conservative with their advice.

I got no issues with Rose, although she has seemed to regress since Barry took over cornering duties. She's had some amazing highs, so how flat some of her recent performances have been seems to have turned some people off.

It’s just sports, man. No need to get whiny when your fighter wins. Usually you only cry when Usman, or Izzy lose. Oh wait.. An Usman did lose last night.

Well, sucks to be you. But chill out.

1711299048146.gif

One thing we can safely say is that she is no Thug anymore... needs a new nickname

MMA fans are really trash.

One bad fight against Carla two years ago and they shit all over Rose despite the many exciting performances she has given us.

People are acting like she is washed while she is still clearly in her prime and just won dominantly against a respectable ranked opponent

She was competitive against a much larger title contender in her last fight despite suffering a freak injury in round 1
Nah man. Rose is in a bad place right now. She needs to change shit up, or she's fucked

MMA fans are really trash.

One bad fight against Carla two years ago and they shit all over Rose despite the many exciting performances she has given us.

People are acting like she is washed while she is still clearly in her prime and just won dominantly against a respectable ranked opponent

She was competitive against a much larger title contender in her last fight despite suffering a freak injury in round 1
I wouldn't say in her prime athletically, but she's rounded out her skillset to the point where she's probably fighting her best, despite the Carla fight. I think she'd win a 3rd fight if she...I don't know. Fought? But after last night's performance I think she at least gets herself 1-2 more wins and a shot at the belt

Back