The Top 10 World's Best Mimicry Animals (NEW!)

I'm genuinely surprised that humans haven't domesticated Lyrebirds and made them available as pets.

Agreed, imagine having one of them as a pet? Awesome isn't the word.

i thought octopus would be number 1.. but the lyre bird is pretty bad ass

Lyre bird doing the chainsaw and camera was just awesome.

Thanks, Killa. This thread is awesome.

Looks like the pistol shrimp has made two lists, so far. 1 for loudest animal, 2 for best mimicry animal

I love the first pic. That Owl is kick ass. He is like the Predator.

Holy crap, the lyre bird was hilarious. That is amazing. You could get one as a pet and teach it to beatbox.

Another exemplary thread as always TCE, thanks!

Man, cuckoos are douchebags! Who knew?

Holy crap, the lyre bird was hilarious. That is amazing. You could get one as a pet and teach it to beatbox.

As long as you don't teach him to sing crappy metal songs...

The mocking bird outside my old house. Mimicked my dog whining to the point she got in trouble,it mimicked my cats, then mimicked my son crying to the point I changed batteries and checked connection on the monitor because I thought it was broken. I could hear my son crying, but nothing from the monitor.

Great work as always TS. What do you mean with the Pistol shrimp though - mimic large waves?

Lyre Bird p4p most mimicry animal in the world.

Great work as always TS. What do you mean with the Pistol shrimp though - mimic large waves?

They can mimic large waves with massive screams, they're the second loudest animals on earth which stuns their prey.

The mocking bird outside my old house. Mimicked my dog whining to the point she got in trouble,it mimicked my cats, then mimicked my son crying to the point I changed batteries and checked connection on the monitor because I thought it was broken. I could hear my son crying, but nothing from the monitor.

Birds are the biggest trolls in the animal kingdom.

Sounds like a Hitchcock movie

Back