The UFC is avoiding Jiri hype

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It seems the UFC is not trying to hype up Jiri, they even put him and Rakic on Prelims and there hasn't really been much mention of his victory. The UFC must be aware that Jiri's style of blitzing with his hands down to his ankles is exciting but not applicable at the highest level and he's definitely going to get knocked out again, so the UFC won't even bother trying to hype the dude up. Periera is the real cash cow with a style that can allow him to compete at a high level consistently.

The dead giveaway is when UFC actually edits their videos to obscure facts:

Notice the mysterious time cut at 9:31? That was done to cut both DC and Joe commenting how the ending was a clear early stoppage.

Gee whiz why would you go out of your way to alter history...

He was in the showcase fight on ESPN to get those last minute PPV Buys...
Good for UFC...but how good is that for someone who have PPV points in contract?
It seems the UFC is not trying to hype up Jiri, they even put him and Rakic on Prelims and there hasn't really been much mention of his victory. The UFC must be aware that Jiri's style of blitzing with his hands down to his ankles is exciting but not applicable at the highest level and he's definitely going to get knocked out again, so the UFC won't even bother trying to hype the dude up. Periera is the real cash cow with a style that can allow him to compete at a high level consistently.
UFC is mostly promoting "bad boys"....What they will promote about Jiri? That he use majority of his resources for BJP foundation which helps ill kids? Its simply easier to promote guys like Poatan...The problem with Jiri is that he is not interested in trashtalk. For example he had tons of "ammo" against Rakič...like he could have ridicule Rakič if he wanted to, but its not his style..

On other side i was pretty much surprised that UFC did let Jiri wear his own brand at media day and etc..

I think they look past his "lack of trash talk" as an always exciting, violent and unique attraction

You've kind of right. Jumping on the Jiri bandwagon is like getting on a train you expect to crash because its cool. He could be like a 3,4 or even 5 time LHW champ because hes the kind of guy who'd keep losing and regaining the belt.

Then again if they're hyping O Malley at 135 I don't see the harm of hyping Jiri at 205.

He should jsut fight other fun fighters. Recognize his unique personality and just showcase that.

Sometimes the title is meaningless

I don't understand why.. don't they want Pereira to have an easier fight than the ankalaev fight?

You claim to be a Samurai the UFC is like meh....
You claim to be able to beat a Chimpanzee, the UFC puts you on the Main Card.
These are the facts as I see them.

You claim to be a Samurai the UFC is like meh....
You claim to be able to beat a Chimpanzee, the UFC puts you on the Main Card.
These are the facts as I see them.
LOL that true but these are the fans

Any position on 300 was a high profile position. As far as hyping up Jiri goes, unfortunately for him (and everyone else) he was overshadowed by one of the most shocking moments in UFC history. That's not the UFC fault.

Guess there are still people who don't know just how much UFC controls narratives. Considering they had all their talking heads hyping Hill to the moon (and now DC is doing damage control), this tracks.

Would be a massive fumble. Always puts on exciting fights.

Back