Media The Weasle PROVES LEECH WAS ROBBED!!!!

I used to enjoy the weasel but as his channel took off he started to churn out more and more videos with less and less quality. He used to be on point but he’s very much hit and miss although I agree with him on this one.

He demonstrates clearly that it should have been 30-27 Leech. The judges shat the bed on this one

I like Weasle but I have a few issues.

First, his light/medium/heavy method is completely subjective — both the creation of a three-tiered scheme (why not two, four of five tiers?) and which tier he chooses to assign each strike to.

Second, his interpretation of the rules seems very rigid to me (not his fault really as the written scoring system is awful and unclear). He’ll say that immediate damage trumps cumulative damage and so X’s 3-1 advantage in (what he perceives as) heavy strikes trumps Y’s 35-20 advantage in total strikes. What if I land one strike the entire round but it’s heavy and you land 50 but none of them are heavy (even if we assume that heavy = immediate and light = cumulative, which the rules don’t say)? Do I win? Again, I blame most of this on the poorly written system and realize that he wants to reach a conclusion for purposes of making a good show rather than just saying “who knows because the system is vague” at the end of each episode.

Lastly, I don’t love acting like judges are crazy when they reached a different conclusion. They’re watching live, they don’t have the ability to rewind the action to see if a headkick landed or was blocked and then pause to spend thirty seconds navel-gazing about whether it was light or medium. Watching it once in person in real time with sixty seconds between rounds, any competitive round is at risk to go either way.

I used to enjoy the weasel but as his channel took off he started to churn out more and more videos with less and less quality. He used to be on point but he’s very much hit and miss although I agree with him on this one.

It’s the inevitable result of the YouTube incentive structure. Not only do you get paid per click but consistently releasing content is the key to getting and keeping an audience.

I don’t need a low resolution four minute reaction to news that everyone already saw six hours ago either but I get why he does it. Presumably this is his livelihood now.

It was a glorified sparring match that could have gone either way. Imagine investing this kind of emotion and time into something so pointless. Some of you need to get some fucking air!

It’s the inevitable result of the YouTube incentive structure. Not only do you get paid per click but consistently releasing content is the key to getting and keeping an audience.

I don’t need a low resolution four minute reaction to news that everyone already saw six hours ago either but I get why he does it. Presumably this is his livelihood now.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not attacking him and can understand the YouTube game, however I still don’t enjoy how the content suffers when a creator is placing more value on the clicks and funds. It generally seems to reduce the quality of the content.

Back