'The Wire' - It gets better after the 1st season, right?

It's not for everyone. Some people just aren't intelligent.

I don't like this kind of attitude actually as it just seems elitist. It's like those dumb f'ing movie critics who give shitty movies great reviews b/c they think they are so much smarter than everyone else or try to point out the beautiful camera work or costumes.

But I agree it's not for everyone. Some people just want more action. Some people want more romantic love connections. Some people want comedy. It doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. Not every show is great for everyone.

Character development in that show hasn't been matched since imo. Genius production.

It's not for everyone. Some people just aren't intelligent.

It's a fucking crime drama Some of you wire fans act like it's a a god damn long lost Buddhist treatise found in a catacomb that reveals the great mysteries of life lmao.

So in the past I've tried to get into The Wire, and failed.

1st attempt - Quit after the 1st episode.

2nd attempt - Quit after the 6th episode.

So this week I've given it a 3rd attempt and just finished the 8th episode.... and I'm bored.

For those who praise The Wire as the best TV show ever, it gets better after the 1st season right? The 1st is setting the table and introducing characters and the themes of the cops/dealers?

Edit - I've heard spoilers throughout the years, so don't bother with the cute "Have you got to the point that ______ dies?"

Watch the 3rd and 4th season. Those are considered the best seasons.

I got to episode six of season one and even that was a real struggle!

Watch Breaking Bad instead!

I don't like this kind of attitude actually as it just seems elitist. It's like those dumb f'ing movie critics who give shitty movies great reviews b/c they think they are so much smarter than everyone else or try to point out the beautiful camera work or costumes.

But I agree it's not for everyone. Some people just want more action. Some people want more romantic love connections. Some people want comedy. It doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. Not every show is great for everyone.

...except the Wire

Watch the 3rd and 4th season. Those are considered the best seasons.

This is an old thread. My interest in The Wire completely diminished after reading the responses in this thread.

I got to episode six of season one and even that was a real struggle!

Watch Breaking Bad instead!

GOAT TV Drama.

Game of Thrones had the potential to make it #2, but Season 7 shit all over it.

One terrible season ruins the entire legacy of a show, even if it gets back to its original quality. (I can't think of an example of a show that did this though, after they have a big dip in quality, it becomes a nosedive into an ocean of shit.)

I thought season 2 was the best. The classroom season was by faaaar the worst. I think that was season 4

It's a cross between fictional entertainment and a legit documentary. Possibly the only one of its kind done successfully, with regards to being completely fleshed out.

When people say they don't like it, I'm almost at a loss for words. I have come to the conclusion that it's because they either don't care about the topic documented, or are only looking for brain-dead entertainment.

This is an old thread. My interest in The Wire completely diminished after reading the responses in this thread.

GOAT TV Drama.

Game of Thrones had the potential to make it #2, but Season 7 shit all over it.

One terrible season ruins the entire legacy of a show, even if it gets back to its original quality. (I can't think of an example of a show that did this though, after they have a big dip in quality, it becomes a nosedive into an ocean of shit.)

Yeah that last season of GOT was mediocre. But that's because they ran out of structure and dialogue the books offered. GRR likes to take his sweet ass time writing.

And breaking bad isn't even top 4 show let alone #1

I hear it's only enjoyable when you're injesting Baltimore crab cakes.

It's a cross between fictional entertainment and a legit documentary. Possibly the only one of its kind done successfully, with regards to being completely fleshed out.

When people say they don't like it, I'm almost at a loss for words. I have come to the conclusion that it's because they either don't care about the topic documented, or are brain-dead.

I fixed that for you.
Lets be real.

It is a masterpiece. I feel bad for people who just “give up” on it.

I didnt watch it until 2015 then binged all the seasons.

I could see how someone might not be able to get into it, especially depending on how old you are. That whole time in the early 2000's takes me back to another place and i can immerse myself in the show. I thought it was great.

Back