Theory on Khamzat

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He has long Covid and he never fully recovered. His gas tank is terrible. I think he hasn’t fought in a year because he has to carefully pick his spots and extend his earning potential. He looked really demoralized, almost like a fighter at the end of their career.

He definitely lacks in the gas tank… but Usman is not an easy fight. Especially winning the way that he had to win because he couldn’t outstrike him like Edwards

He has long Covid and he never fully recovered. His gas tank is terrible. I think he hasn’t fought in a year because he has to carefully pick his spots and extend his earning potential. He looked really demoralized, almost like a fighter at the end of their career.

It was strange that he said "He wasn't here for the belt" in his post like a fighter just happy to make money and get Wins fighting avg fights with two week notice fighters.

damn maybe this is the reason he said he just wants money fights and not the title

I mentioned this in PBP but I agree.

He definitely lacks in the gas tank… but Usman is not an easy fight. Especially winning the way that he had to win because he couldn’t outstrike him like Edwards
This. Taking down Usman is no joke. The guy had the highest TDD defense in the sport prior to this fight. Getting Usman down 4 times in 3 rounds isnt exactly light work.

Khaz needs to stick to 3 rounders lol.

I doubt he ever had a good gas tank. Allegedly he's only able to breathe through one nostril.

He's a fast twitch muscle fiber guy like Conor and these types tend to have 1-2 round cardio.

I'm note sure I'm buying that.

He fights a very explosive and intense style. He needs to learn to strike without swinging for the fences with each punch.

He didn't get taken down, didn't get knocked down, wasn't hurt badly at any point.

Having long covid makes you able to hang in with Kamaru Usman like that? amazing diagnosis there doc
You can still perform but it saps you in the weirdest fucking way, after a few months of hope, you realize you may never be the same.

How do we know he ever had a gas tank to begin with? He never went more than 2 rounds in any fight before his Covid

He did have a shitty time recovering from Covid, started training again too soon and fucked himself up, but that was 3 years ago. If he really had long Covid he would have stayed retired.

It's more like he can't pace himself properly.

12 day Usman and he was gassing like predicted. I figured people would have known already that his gas tank sucks after watching the Holland and Burns fights.

Before Covid, Chimaev won most of his fights in R1 and a few of them in R2, usually early.
How do you know he didn't have bad cardio before covid, also?

I don t think so. He went all out in the first and secured a 10-8. then he cruised.
My question is wtf is Usman‘s suspect performance. Dude was there to loose.

They just reported he fucked up his right hand in the first round. Possibly broken. Kinda hard to fight without your lead hand.

We never saw his gas tank tested before Covid.

Back