There has been an outrage on twitter about a girl who wore Chinese dress in prom

Jeremy Lampatine

good_good_let_the_hate_flow_through_you_o_6622149.jpg

What ever happened to "imitation is the best form of flattery" (or something like that).

I feel like cultural appropriation outrage like this just spurs more racism. Even if it was traditional, she wore it for the biggest day of her teenage girl life. It's not like she's mocking it.
sometimes it is disrespectful like with black face and native american head dresses.

I'd hit it and think of Chun Li.
Nothing against chinese dresses.

Pretty sure prom is towards the end of senior year of high school. There's a decent chance she's 18 already. If not, she's damn close to it.

She could be the seniors date..

You do realize that a senior can take a date that is younger right, like a senior dating a sophomore or junior...

Sadly sometimes even a freshman..

Screw any :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s that were offended. She looked pretty in the dress. Loosen up

Yes, but I wouldn't equate fashion with blatant mockery or using ceremonial attire for fun.
yeah i agree, I'm just saying some people say cultural appropriation doesn't exist or isnt wrong. I'm just saying sometimes it is.

Say, are you just saying that they're saying?

Why is no one outraged about all the guys in that picture waving gang signs? Or whatever retarded shit they are doing.

sometimes it is disrespectful like with black face and native american head dresses.

Well with headresses they are not using it to insult them but because it looks fucking cool

with blackface it depends, are you going for racism or not.

Yeah I have chinese Facebook friend (born in LA) who got upset about this and I just couldn't believe it...in his opinion they were mocking chinese culture...
In the past he also criticised a movie for not having asians in it...

I almost judge you more for having him as a friend than I judge him.

Why is no one outraged about all the guys in that picture waving gang signs? Or whatever retarded shit they are doing.
Its all from some dumb meme h3h3 i think. Meh. Kids being kids. Nothong to see here folks.

What is up with these white washed Asians thinking they are the authority of their culture? His name is fucking Jeremy.

Back