There will never be a talent like islam again

"There will never be a talent like him again."

Lists four other fighters, with more recognition, who came about in just the last 10-15 years. One of them still going.

I cant wait for his next move.
It will almost certainly be in Abu Dhabi, so he can weigh in on friendly scales instead of having to cut all the way down to 155.

At the official weigh-in to fight Oliveira (in Abu Dhabi):
islam-makhachev-ufc-280-official-weigh-ins.jpg

0_UFC-280-Official-Weigh-in.jpg

At the official weigh-in to fight Volkanovski (not in Abu Dhabi):
FopQffdXoAA7fxB

f8f6dfac-1bd1-4dfd-80ae-8d7f8d9bec18-jpeg.968280

At the official weigh-in to fight Volkanovski (in Abu Dhabi):
islam-makhachev-ufc-294-official-weigh-ins.jpg

GettyImages-1745858593_0.jpg

Who do you think is beating him?

Could be anyone, he's now gonna face the toughest set of challengers. You got Olivera, Gaethje as next LW challengers. You also have the WW fight he talked about in Leon Edwards. While I do favor Islam over the other LW contenders in Olivera and Gaethje, those are fights he can certainly lose. I don't see him beating Edwards as well, I think that's the toughest fight by far. You also have a potential fight with Gamrot or Arman that are also tough fights.

I can't see him getting through all of those.

Reactions: Yep
Dude needs to fight Gathje, Poitier, Chandler.

This fight is an OK win, but Volk has no business at 155.

He's incredibly skilled and might very well become the greatest LW of all time, but Charles Oliveira is the only elite LW he ever faced so far (Arman was too green when they fought).

It's too early to tell; plenty of champs felt unbeatable until they were figured out and ran into some bad matchups. Almost nobody would've predicted Izzy getting humiliated by Sean Strickland of all people even a year ago, yet here we are.

Last edited:
Islam is truly a generational talent. Jones, gsp, anderson, fedor...... and now islam.

He truly dominated volk, a guy who uneducated fans regarded as #1 p4p in their first fight. After much hype for islam after being victorious, the fans wanted to see more. It truly was a magnificent feat to see islam dominate the #5 p4p fighter in a second outing. I dont think there is a fighter in the ufc that will ever dethrone islam.

knob slobbery of this magnitude is considered haram.

second, there’s jones, then the others you mentioned, then islam waaay below them. if he is truly great, then he is at the beginning of a very long journey. he could prove himself, but that depends on events which have not yet occurred.

What is with Dagestani fighters being crowned goats right out the gate?

Khabib had what, 3 title fights?
Islam has two, with zero against Lightweights.

Shit, Woodley had 4 defenses and he gets shit on regularly. Usman has five!

What is with Dagestani fighters being crowned goats right out the gate?
The eye test, they absolutely dominate their opponents. I wouldn't crown Khabib goat in a world where there are Silvas, Jones and GSPs but none of them quite dominated the way Khabib did.

Many years from now he will probably be forgotten in a sea of neckbeard fighters.

The eye test, they absolutely dominate their opponents. I wouldn't crown Khabib goat in a world where there are Silvas, Jones and GSPs but none of them quite dominated the way Khabib did.

I don't disagree that he looks good, but it's weird that so many people treat it like its a foregone conclusion without getting a decent sample of differing styles.
Like Volk for instance. He's a monster, but let's be honest, he a very small lightweight and i think he'd have plenty of trouble getting through the current LW top 5.

It wasn’t Khamzat.
I forgot about khamzat.

1) khamzat
2) the guy who yelled and barked his way to a win—— barking talent in mma is underrated

3) islam

4) everyone els

Islam is truly a generational talent. Jones, gsp, anderson, fedor...... and now islam.

He truly dominated volk, a guy who uneducated fans regarded as #1 p4p in their first fight. After much hype for islam after being victorious, the fans wanted to see more. It truly was a magnificent feat to see islam dominate the #5 p4p fighter in a second outing. I dont think there is a fighter in the ufc that will ever dethrone islam.

Akhmed? is that you?

Wouldn't him being a generational talent mean there will be another, in future generations... else he'd be an existential talent or what ever other silliness yall would cook up a name for.

He's great, I'm not disputing, but the hyperbole is overkill!

People said the same thing about his clone Khabib

Back