Media Thirty six minutes and fifty nine seconds of whining and rationalizing a loss by Dominick Cruz

Always going to be a Cruz fan but my boy is almost always salty
yeah hes naturally a catty person. i was rooting for him but he was bested. no shame he'd have to be on gear to win that fight after the injuries and layoffs.

knocked down by the knee.

knocked back down by a right hand as he was trying to come back up.

12 unanswered punches while he was in the turtle position.

the ref didn't fuck you over, dominick.

I don't know if I would call them unanswered punches and it's a bit of a tricky matter to judge the intelligent defense criteria here. Cruz wasn't blocking the punches, but he was most certainly trying to improve his position and to some degree he accepted being punched (to another he was of course rocked). Certainly a fair stoppage, but given how much he worked to change his position the people that wanted it to go longer aren't without merit either.

I wonder if he will be commentating tomorrow's card.

Yes, his personality can be annoying but he’s somewhat earned it with his accomplishments.

I don't know if I would call them unanswered punches and it's a bit of a tricky matter to judge the intelligent defense criteria here. Cruz wasn't blocking the punches, but he was most certainly trying to improve his position and to some degree he accepted being punched (to another he was of course rocked). Certainly a fair stoppage, but given how much he worked to change his position the people that wanted it to go longer aren't without merit either.

I don't see how he was working to change his position. His head was literally laying on the floor at certain points being punched. Also, the punches were to his left side and pushing him to his right. If anything, the punches were what was moving him around

Could've been a great fight but the stoppage is justified to a degree. However this the same ref that missed the eye poke which probably led to cowboy losing his decision 2 bad calls in 1 night that impacted 2 fights

Food for thought re: 2 seconds.

You could postulate that Dom would be able to survive 2 seconds without going full Mir/Carwin. I think that's a fair assumption.

But also consider that Cejudo was most likely about to lose the extremely advantageous position he earned so that Dom could be saved by the bell.

UFC now has to throw real money at Cejudo to get him to come back and fight and hopefully lose them belts, can't have a Jew basher the eternal lineal champ even if they are two Manlet divisions.

Cruz haters are the norm, they fit in the sweet average fucking spot. Kinda like Schaub haters, Joe Blows making fun of world champions and millionaires, bitch please.

I wont read any quotes.

quick edit : you can throw Rogan or Dana in there, same thing

Again, he was using his arms to get up, and he was pushing himself against the cage. He was clearly trying to recover position even if obviously is going to eat shots as he tries to do that, since his arms are being used to leverage himself. He was intelligently defending himself; it is not about how many shots he ate, but whether he was still in a position to improve position. He was trying to regain position, so the stoppage was a bad one.

But the fight was going nowhere for him. He was too slow, his footwork didn't pay off dividends, and Henry was far more coordinated, and effective at controlling the distance.

He posted AFTER Keith stepped in and broke it up. It's a classic case of, "I was fine" only because the Ref saved them so they could be fine.

He was posting as the fight was stopped. What he did prior to posting, and posting itself, shows he was intelligently defending. Which makes it a bad stop. Seriously watch again. He had to free his arms before he could do anything, and he did, while mitigating the damage he took by being aware enough to tuck and turn his chin. This is intelligently defending.

How was the stoppage bad? He was dropped and was getting hammered. The only argument that I've heard that holds any water is that there was only seconds left in the round but even then its a stretch.

You are saying that alcohol and cigarettes may have played a factor? lol Dom is that you?

You're still unaware that he wasn't dropped from the knee. I wasn't either until I saw the second heabutt and push (which is what put him down) from another angle in slow motion. That aside, if you actually read what I've been saying and watch it in slow mo, you'll see he was defending.

If you actually read what I wrote, again, you'll see that I said his alcohol and cigarettes shit was weak - unless true. Of course a drunk ref is no bueno. Cigarettes? Idk wtf that has to do with anything.

WATCH the shit again, in slow mo, and pay attention to Cruz's arms. He had to free them and he did.

For fuck's sake you people are stubborn.

I don't see how he was working to change his position. His head was literally laying on the floor at certain points being punched. Also, the punches were to his left side and pushing him to his right. If anything, the punches were what was moving him around

Watch again. He moves to his left to free his right arm, then to his right to free his left arm and into the cage to stand. Nobody is noticing his arms were tied up. He did exactly what he needed to do to improve his position, and turned his chin away from the punches.

“The best MMA analyst drops too much information about his bad stoppage for the casuals”, that should be the thread title.

the only problem here is that it all happened really quickly.

he got dropped, was trying to get back up - only to be dropped again, and then hit a bunch of a times from turtle, all in a matter of seconds.

he may have been trying to improve position, but it didn't look like it right up to the point that the ref stepped in. the ref waved it off at pretty much the same time dominick managed to pop back up, which is unfortunate, but the ref can't really be faulted for it. he's looking at the twice knocked down fighter taking shots in turtle.

with our benefit of hindsight, we all know cruz could have gone on longer. but at the time, from the refs perspective? the guy was seriously hurt, on all fours, with his face turned towards the mat, taking shots. facing the mat in the turtle position is not intelligent defense, no matter how often we actually see it in fights.

think of it this way. had cejudo landed the exact same amount of punches, and cruz didn't get up as the ref stopped it, but instead stayed on his knees, no one would be protesting the stoppage. so the only thing that changed the optics for us at the time was the fact that cruz got up the same split second.

i can understand dominick's frustration, but trying to blame the ref by saying he smelled like booze is just a bitch move. it's entirely impossible to verify and it smears the guy's reputation, the only way he can defend himself is by lashing back out at dominick, which he did, and now they both look like assholes.

Cruz is slightly shorter than the average guy and it eats at him. Henry knows he's small he's come to terms with it and he built it into his character. Cruz hates that he's small and he hates even more that he got knocked out by an even smaller guy so that's why he's acting this way.

Cruz needs to accept his size it's not mentally healthy. I'm 5'7" and about 217 pounds of solid muscle right now, I've accepted it. He needs to as well for his own good, I know where he's at mentally right now and it's not a good place to be.
You're either completely full of shit (this is the correct answer) or you arent anywhere near 217 pounds of solid muscle at 5'7.

You are ignorant of reality
Or, ironically, you’re blowing your stats up whilst blaming Cruz for having a Inferiority complex. You aren’t Jeff Monson. You aren’t Franco Columbo. You’re a liar.

Or, ironically, you’re blowing your stats up whilst blaming Cruz for having a Inferiority complex. You aren’t Jeff Monson. You aren’t Franco Columbo. You’re a liar.
You're ignorant of reality, it's OK.

Back