This is a little controversial question but why so many...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
People want to see Khabib lose? It’s not like he cheated to defeat his opponents, so why?

Last edited:
Nothing to do with cheating or not I suspect. Though I can only really speak for myself.

When Wanderlie was on a tear in Pride I really wanted to see him lose. Same with Aldo (thanks Conor), and many other supposed at the time goats.

If you see someone always look unbeatable you will eventually want to see an upset.

WTJIKZWMEEI6REQP3VJODLSFOA.jpg

I wonder why too, OP.
That’s really sad if it’s about his religion because he was brought up that way

Nothing to do with cheating or not I suspect. Though I can only really speak for myself.

When Wanderlie was on a tear in Pride I really wanted to see him lose. Same with Aldo (thanks Conor), and many other supposed at the time goats.

If you see someone always look unbeatable you will eventually want to see an upset.
Usually when they are very cocky, but Khabib is more on the quiet side

WTJIKZWMEEI6REQP3VJODLSFOA.jpg

I wonder why too, OP.

Its not so much him being Muslim as their ridiculous views on women. Not only that but his management has switched stances since becoming champ(before Khabib was champ it was all about the Ufc should be pure competition since they want Floyd or Gsp or Conor 2).

Also dominant fighters always get haters. Jones, Gsp, Silva, Conor, Khabib and on are by far the most hated fighters on sherdog.

Because he is a backwards bigot.

People want to see the seemingly unbeatable get beaten.

Personally I don't need to see him beaten, I would like to see him deal with adversity though, like idk someone rocking him really badly, or mounting him, relentlessly going after him etc,. He has been easily dominating people through his run --give or take the Tibau fight depending on how you view that-- and I'd like to see what he's really made of as a competitor.

I don't want to see him lose exactly. I just want to see him fight. Specifically, I want to see him fight Tony Ferguson.

because they hate greatness.

Same reason want to see Bones fail. Want to see LeBron fail. Want to see Brady fail.

Usually when they are very cocky, but Khabib is more on the quiet side
Jones I the only dominant fighter I have felt differently about though. Maybe it's because so many people hate him, I enjoy seeing the haters be salty lol

For me, his fans are as insufferable as the mcnuthuggers and I dont care for the religious zealot holier than thou bullshit

Dont care if you're a mormon Christian Muslim Buddhist whatever, fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Dont necessarily wanna see him lose tho, but I sure as shit wanna see him fight.

Last edited:
Khabib fans are absolute garbage, jumping on the bandwagon because striking GOAT Conor hurt their feelings<45>

Its because he is boring and uncharismatic. His style of relentless pressure wrestling (like Askren) gets the job done, but is a bit of a snooze fest. Like it or not, fans want to see flair, and he just doesn't have any.

-Grinding style.
-Religiosity in a backwards and foreign religion whose leadership is largely at war with the West.
-Missing time due to injuries, not making weight, and Ramadan.
-Has become a diva since winning against Iaquinta.
-Ali
-Cuts tremendous weight, but when he misses weight or cannot make the fight due to the cut, does not get an L on his record.

He has put on some great performances, especially from his 3 fights in a year between Barbosa and Conor. But otherwise, in and out of the sport.

Its because he is boring and uncharismatic. His style of relentless pressure wrestling (like Askren) gets the job done, but is a bit of a snooze fest. Like it or not, fans want to see flair, and he just doesn't have any.
You know, I sorta disagree. Khabib slowly digests his opponents with power and punches. Askren is a bizarre spider-creature who looks frail, but ties his opponents up in these bizarre positions.

talked all this good shit about taking the sport back to a meritocracy, then went ahead and called for the same super fights as conor.

- wants all rap music banned in russia

Back