Thousands of leading AI researchers sign pledge against killer robots

You are a human, right? By default you should naturally hope for the best for us. No other mammal sits around and thinks like this (Hopefully my species and people die)

Your idea of how the world works is also incredibly childish and downright naive. It's chaotic for sure, what do you expect from the most intelligent mammals on the planet that have left here and even visited space etc? LOL, oh no, the humans have had wars. The humans use fossil fuels.

You could spend 1 entire hour on YouTube and watch an animal documentary and realize they are much more violent than us on a discernible level. We at least try to work together sort of. Every other mammal is basically a gang member. Defend small to medium level of territory, kill intruders. And it will never evolve for them.

Yeah, but animals don't have nuclear arms. You can't hug your children with nuclear arms.

We as a people have tried and continue to try and improve. You must be depressed or have little to live for to hope humans all die.
If you hate humans so much kill yourself and take whoever raised and nourished an asshole like you with you.

Holy hell, how old are you two? I legitimately didn't mean to scar you, sportos.

You mean the PRC, right?

Understand this reference, I do not.

The Borg from star trek represent an AI driven society that would wipe out humanity, and impose a collectivist will.

I have to assume Trotsky is a fan of theirs.

They check all the right boxes.

I don't watch Star Trek, but I am been told there are strong humanist and communist overtones.

Either way, that's a very specific and on-point reference. I will allow it.

Yeah, but animals don't have nuclear arms. You can't hug your children with nuclear arms.

Holy hell, how old are you two? I legitimately didn't mean to scar you, sportos.

Just use ice axe on yourself. ;)

Death-goes-on-a-date-family-guy-1239865_500_372.jpg

Fuck, I hope robots wipe out the human race.

But I also hope that they develop some sort of appreciation for other species. Because, while an army of Arnolds mowing down piece of shit humans does warm my spirits, the thought of them rendering extinct other animals like dogs, cats, possums, and orangutans is just sad.

We might be the most important thing in the universe. Not only did earth create life, but that life evolved into self-aware, engineering, philosophical beings that can explore the cosmos.

We may actually be the thing that ends up creating this universe.. Or the next.

Is the English for you first language?

It's ice pick, my friend.

No English is my 4th language.
But there is Nothing wrong with ice axe. In international English...

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had with everyone here. It came to me when I tried to classify our species and I realized that we're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but we humans do not. We move to an area and we multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way we can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. We're a plague and AI is the cure.

No English is my 4th language.
But there is Nothing wrong with ice axe. In international English...
Ice axe works, even if what you really meant was ice pick. This is an ice axe:
bluebird-ice-axe.jpg

It's used for this:
Melting-Ice.jpg

You wouldn't want to get hit with one of these.

You don't even need any futuristic AI to make killer robots. Attach a motion detector to a turret. Boom, killer robot.

"Yeah, but animals don't have nuclear arms. You can't hug your children with nuclear arms."

Wrong! You clearly did not read a thread of mine from a few days back in which i stated that Elephants, Killer Whales, Chimps, and Stick Insects to be evil. More and more zoologists around the world are saying that it's only a matter of time before each of these species' develop the technology to create nuclear weapons. Especially those bloody Stick Insects.[fascist bastards!]

If you hate humans so much kill yourself and take whoever raised and nourished an asshole like you with you.
I used to struggle to believe he actually thought his extreme view on the far left (communism or near to it) was reasonable or workable. Now I think it is pretty clear that he does not. He is miserable and hates humankind and advocates for things he thinks would pull the rest of humankind into misery with him. A kind of scorched earth philosophy.

And that is ok. But everyone should just note that when they debate him on world topics and he pretends he is pushing an agenda for good or betterment as he is not. He knows what he is advocating for would drag us down into shit and that is what he wants.

I used to struggle to believe he actually thought his extreme view on the far left (communism or near to it) was reasonable or workable. Now I think it is pretty clear that he does not. He is miserable and hates humankind and advocates for things he thinks would pull the rest of humankind into misery with him. A kind of scorched earth philosophy.

And that is ok. But everyone should just note that when they debate him on world topics and he pretends he is pushing an agenda for good or betterment as he is not. He knows what he is advocating for would drag us down into shit and that is what he wants.
Sociopaths gonna sociopath
<Fedor23>

Zombie apocalypse, I could hold my own in

AI taking over the world? All it needs to do is corrupt my google maps and I’ll follow that shit without a second thought

I couldn't find a good gif to post yesterday, but this is what I was thinking earlier when you said this:

1324790.gif

I would never create a robot that can just murder at will. Clearly the robot needs a human to tell them who to murder.

The People's Republic will gladly go to all the criminally corrupt trouble anyone could want to build as many killer robots as needed to do criminally terrible things.

Probably while using their own prison inmates for target practice, and the more of an out-group or minority the inmates, the better.

Sometime if given the time I might make a nostalgic thread about all of the abominable and mind imploding awful research China does/has done/is alleged to have done on inmates, minorities, and of course dissidents.

Back