Throwback: DC says Cain beats Jones "10 out of 10 times"

dc went to the olympics yet was outwrestled by jones...cain doesn't have near the credentials of dc and dc couldn't take jones down at all...and got taken down like 3x.

Starving, older DC

I believe that Cain at his best is one of like 3 people in MMA history I wouldn't automatically favor Jones over.

Cain has DCs pressure but is bigger and has always been more fluid in the stand up. I believe a huge factor that goes into DC matching up poorly with Jon is that anytime he over/unders with Jon Jon can just stand up straight and DC at 5'10 is automatically off balance and can never get a great position outside of the collar tie. Cain isnt super tall, but hes a little taller probably a little stronger and has more tricks in the clinch like low kicks, knees and elbows. Cain also had these weird lunging straights that he would use to crash into dominant positions in the clinch, where as DC relied on more patient jabs and hooks to get the collar tie.

Who are the other 2

Fedor and Ubereem
You're missing at least 2 guys.

I won't name them because I can't think of any at this very moment, but I know that you're missing at least two guys.

I think Jones would struggle against several guys at HW, but Cain is not one of them. Cain is a good wrestler with a lot of pressure, but not much more than that. I don’t see how Jones would struggle with that?

Problem is Cain gets hurt and pulls out in 9 out of 10 of those fights.

You're missing at least 2 guys.

I won't name them because I can't think of any at this very moment, but I know that you're missing at least two guys.
Probably that’s why I included the modifier "immediately".

cain had tons of trouble getting jds down...and jds doesn't have nearly the same wrestling tdd as jones does....
Based on what?
Junior has great TDD and is tough as they come.
Jones is excellent wrestler as shown many times,but nobody really made it a wrestling battle or to be precise chain wrestle him.They all stopped after one failed takedown,Cain keeps going at all time just like Khabib eveb if they get stopped.
Good you mentioned Junior,because in just one fight Cain had 34 attempts!And wore him down combining chain wrestling and kickboxing.What is the highest takedown attempts number on Jones?I bet no more than like 8(first DC fight).Huge difference.
Jones is grear,but i have a hard time seeing him not exhausted vs Cain at his best.

Not 10 times out of 10. Jones is too good for that. I consider Fedor the GOAT and I don't even think he would beat Jones 100% of the time.

I do think both DC and Cain would be Jones more often than not at HW though. They both know how to use that extra weight and low center of gravity. I know Jones could quickly gain 20 pounds of muscle using his pictograms of PEDs so he'd probably be bigger than both of them, but I don't think it helps him much at HW vs these guys.

Back