Media Throwback: Gegard Moussai TKOs Santos

LMAO @ people thinking there is any competition left at LHW... It's the worst division in terms of skill gap between chap and the remaining top 5.

Just like Anthony Smith... Showed... There is top ranked.. But then there is JJ....

Gerard is a beast!

Moose is an all time great, criminally underrated here.

giphy.gif
"I'm still practically right under him. Seems like a good opportunity to try and stand up with my feet together."

It's cheap to punch someone while they are getting back up. This isn't a legitimate win.
Aw, lick a buncha dicks

Fighters think they have a forcefield when they're standing back up.

It's a wonder we don't get more finishes in those situations.

It like some guys subconsciously allow a guy the stand up , if it's not a referee mandated one more guys need to do what Gegard did here, it helps that he is very cerebral and attacked on an opening.

Santos would bully Moose and take his lunch in 2019
LMAO - oh no. It d be called coming back for second portions. Santos has gotten better but so has mousasi.
I've compared this exact situation ( Jones vs thiago) to when Santos fought mw mousasi on multiple threads.
Santos not ready for Jones.

Moose is so much better than his record. The fact that he was never champ in UFC and Michael Bisping was makes the whole system suspect
Good point but 46-7 is nothing to laugh at and 12-3 under zuffa is pretty successful....especially when you consider when he had those setbacks(early in UFC tenure).Only fighter in UFC history to leave promotion on 5 fight win streak ( all early finishes except leites and that was worst beating of thales career- ouch)

This version of the Moose would never lose to Lovato Jr.
Thought mousasi fought rather well (after watching a few times) against Lovato jr. The way bigger( and longer) 4th degree black belt couldn't threaten with one single sub and when fight was in mousasi s world, Lovato got drilled. 4th round was a clear 10-8, 2nd round debatable and this was an MMA FIGHT for a belt inside a cage...... not a grappling event.

Mousasi shouldve never left that arena without his belt.One judge got it right (or - at least, acceptable).

and then get beaten down badly by a relaxed smiling Moose :D

I still dont understand why Santos gets a titleshot? Bad matchmaking.

I would really love to see Moose in a LHW bout against Jones (with a ref that stops eye pokes and extended fingers ). Imo he would do a lot better than people would expect.
I wish mousasi walked around at 230 cause that would be a fight I'd pay $$$ to see. Gegard too small for Jones.

Lol at Jones ducking HW to fight MW’s

3 years and 10 fights ago

Yet look at Moose now and Santos now. One went downhill the other went uphill.

LMAO @ people thinking there is any competition left at LHW... It's the worst division in terms of skill gap between chap and the remaining top 5.

Just like Anthony Smith... Showed... There is top ranked.. But then there is JJ....
Alonzo Walker Rakic all beat Jones

Back