Media Throwback: Gegard Moussai TKOs Santos

Meh, it was 3 years ago, David fookin Branch did it more impressively and it was only last year
FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif
Shit forgot about that fight

He chose to leave bro.
Under circumstances that any elite fighter would. Fighting out his contract at 7-1, last 5 were early finishes and made it clear he wanted to stay for 75/90 day mandatory negotiation period UFC had in his contract. Agreed to the rockhold fight and " a little bit of money got in way".....and from what I understand, mousasi was being more than reasonable .The rest is history.

Not to mention after weidman fight (last fight on deal) was offered bisping title fight to get things quickly done. Bisping put a stop to that and I quote " bisping mousasi is bad for business "...." I'm the champ and I call the shots "....... nice.

It's all fucking b.s ( after making chris quit, he took his #3 ranking).

I have to come on and sound like a broken record when people reference mousasi leaving because that's what he wanted. You dont live up to your word then basically crap on the guy ( outside first week) for 90 days who happens to be an elite and in prime ----- what do you expect when a friendly face comes in on day 91 DAY 91 and gives the guy a real deal( sponsor $$$ alone equals his old shitty deal with UFC).

My prediction is Jonny TKO by GNP. I am guessing he will stand with Santos for a round or 2 before the havoc.

So moose can improve but Santos can’t.

Fuck you
I think it's safe to say your point of reference are 2 different worlds...lol.
Yes ,Santos has improved as has mousasi since they fought a few years ago.Im not arguing Santos hasnt gotten better in past few years. I dont think hes ready for Jones at 205 much like he wasnt ready for mousasi at 185.

My retort was based solely on your post anyway ????

I think it's safe to say your point of reference are 2 different worlds...lol.
Yes ,Santos has improved as has mousasi since they fought a few years ago.Im not arguing Santos hasnt gotten better in past few years. I dont think hes ready for Jones at 205 much like he wasnt ready for mousasi at 185.

My retort was based solely on your post anyway ????
Oh for sure santos is getting smashed. But this thread was made solely to shit on him which isn’t fair imo. My post was nothing more than a middle finger to TS and everyone else shitting on santos for no other reason than hateration and holleration

Santos has seemingly always been a kill or be killed fighter, though I have noticed him evolve a bit -- he seemed more composed against Blachovitz in the first round of their fight.

Under circumstances that any elite fighter would. Fighting out his contract at 7-1, last 5 were early finishes and made it clear he wanted to stay for 75/90 day mandatory negotiation period UFC had in his contract. Agreed to the rockhold fight and " a little bit of money got in way".....and from what I understand, mousasi was being more than reasonable .The rest is history.

Not to mention after weidman fight (last fight on deal) was offered bisping title fight to get things quickly done. Bisping put a stop to that and I quote " bisping mousasi is bad for business "...." I'm the champ and I call the shots "....... nice.

It's all fucking b.s ( after making chris quit, he took his #3 ranking).

I have to come on and sound like a broken record when people reference mousasi leaving because that's what he wanted. You dont live up to your word then basically crap on the guy ( outside first week) for 90 days who happens to be an elite and in prime ----- what do you expect when a friendly face comes in on day 91 DAY 91 and gives the guy a real deal( sponsor $$$ alone equals his old shitty deal with UFC).
Wow I think somebody has a crush here. He chose to leave either way you s slice it, don’t cry over spilt milk, you sound a bit like him after this fight.

If a scrub like Gegard can KO Thiago, imagine what the GOAT Jones will do to him?

I remember watching that fight thinking "holy shit these guys are just not on the same level".

It was some years ago. But it was at 185. Mousasi is a tremendous boxer. Probably better than Jones, if we look strictly at boxing.

Santos gets taken down by guys who are not even wrestlers. He can't make that kind of mistake against Jones.

At the staredowns, Jones still looked like he was at least one weight class above Santos. 205 is a wasteland at this point in time, that's quite unfortunate.

No disrespect to those guys, but the fact that Jones is fighting two former MWs in a row goes to show how he's cleaned out the division. They're running out of contenders, and the up and comers need a few more fights to reach the contender status. Anthony Smith is much better than everyone imagined, but he got his title shot and did not have a single shining moment throughout those five rounds.

Johnny Walker, please save this division.

I like underdogs upsetting the balance of things so I'd like to see Santos win but it'd be funny if Jones T(KO)'d him in the first.

Santos doesn't handle pressure at all but Jones isn't a pressure fighter so who knows what will happen.

Wow I think somebody has a crush here. He chose to leave either way you s slice it, don’t cry over spilt milk, you sound a bit like him after this fight.
Thank you ( not the crush part). I'll take that as a complement and I call it the way it went down....no spilt milk. I ,obviously, was paying close attention to the whole thing but its ok- I also understand the world I'm posting my words in. Gegard doesnt pay my bills so if I felt otherwise, I just wouldn't go out of my way and post anything.

It's all good.

and then get beaten down badly by a relaxed smiling Moose :D

I still dont understand why Santos gets a titleshot? Bad matchmaking.

I would really love to see Moose in a LHW bout against Jones (with a ref that stops eye pokes and extended fingers ). Imo he would do a lot better than people would expect.
He lost to Lovato Jr. You think he'd look better against Jones?

Back