Social Tim Kennedy on gun debate: US is too feminine, "You have to let boys be boys"

Maybe, but under your theory kids wouldn't pass basic training to get into the military, i mean "kids" are still making it into the navy seals and other high demanding professions so we are still raising tough kids. Maybe the leadership at your fire station is getting old and stale and the new kids coming just don't relate.
The military has dropped its standards as well. They are worse than we are. There are many military guys that are firefighters as well. They can affirm.

Not just standards, but the way they are treated, the amount of breaks, etc, all because today’s youth can’t handle it.

The Miami shooter had a wife and the Las Vegas shooter had a girlfriend. Those were the 2 worst shootings in US history.

The Miami shooter was a self-loathing closeted homosexual who had been tought by society and his culture that this wasn’t acceptable. He was a known patron of Pulse. He chose to commit an unspeakable act rather than seek acceptance for who he was.

I’ve got nothing for the Las Vegas shooter. We still don’t know his motives.

Still doesn’t change the point of my post or the current trend of single young men who feel ostracized because they can’t take a loss/rejection.

That's not the point and you know it. That's a borderline strawman argument.

If you have to take up arms against your government, it's lose-lose. History has shown the masses almost never win. And even when they do, many of them die in the conflict, and even more die in the ensuing chaos and lawlessness. And what are you going to do in the US if the government went facist? Do you really think some little militia is going to beat a modern trained military with tanks, fighter jets, nuclear subs, aircraft carriers, and freaking drones armed with missiles?

The reality is that guns in the US result in numerous fatalities every year, because of the poor control. It's an immensely better bet to enact gun control.
You've already given up and nothing has even popped off. Pathetic.

Didn't realize your post was meant to be serious with all the conjecture. Relax, I made a joke about you misinterpreting what he said to mean "guns are masculine".

Post the stats, please, because all I've seen is about 110 deaths in the last 20 years that can even loosely be attributed to that.
Feelings all over the place.

Maybe, but under your theory kids wouldn't pass basic training to get into the military, i mean "kids" are still making it into the navy seals and other high demanding professions so we are still raising tough kids. Maybe the leadership at your fire station is getting old and stale and the new kids coming just don't relate.
There was a talk someplace recently that the level of the people passing BUD/S and such feels lower than when guys were passing even 5 years ago. I THINK it was on Jocko's podcast and he even admitted it might just be him becoming that old guy doing the "ya'know it was harder in my day" thing but they've changed up training in a ton of ways even in just the last 5-10 years.

My roommate was 82nd and when he went through Army basic they got like 1 phone call a weekend. Mutual friend of ours was fucking ISSUED like an iPad to use in basic/got unlimited phone calls and shit on weekends.

I get the military is gradually moving away from having ground pounding 11Bs making up the majority of it now so the more "techy"/brainy kids are going to be used there but there's aspects where the regulations and such haven't been lowered but they aren't nearly as brutal as they once were.

You've already given up and nothing has even popped off. Pathetic.
What are you even talking about? I honestly don't even understand what idiotic point you were trying to make in that post.

Guns results in thousands of deaths in the US every year. The US would be a safer place if they enacted stricter gun control. People can still have guns. Shotguns, rifles, limited assault rifles. If you just took the more egregious uncontrolled assault rifles and handguns off the street, you would save thousands of lives every year.

You'd rather condemn thousands of people to die because you think there's a small chance you'll have to fight against your government? And like you'd win. They'd fucking wreck you with tanks and drones before you did shit.

There was a talk someplace recently that the level of the people passing BUD/S and such feels lower than when guys were passing even 5 years ago. I THINK it was on Jocko's podcast and he even admitted it might just be him becoming that old guy doing the "ya'know it was harder in my day" thing but they've changed up training in a ton of ways even in just the last 5-10 years.

My roommate was 82nd and when he went through Army basic they got like 1 phone call a weekend. Mutual friend of ours was fucking ISSUED like an iPad to use in basic/got unlimited phone calls and shit on weekends.

I get the military is gradually moving away from having ground pounding 11Bs making up the majority of it now so the more "techy"/brainy kids are going to be used there but there's aspects where the regulations and such haven't been lowered but they aren't nearly as brutal as they once were.

Well wouldn't you think those changes are just a sign of the times or maybe some realization that it doesn't need to be THAT hard? I can't imagine kids nowadays are physically less tough as a whole.

Yeah, you gotta be manly like Tim and kill women and children.

The military has dropped its standards as well. They are worse than we are. There are many military guys that are firefighters as well. They can affirm.

Not just standards, but the way they are treated, the amount of breaks, etc, all because today’s youth can’t handle it.

Then we should make them handle it if it's that important. When 10/10 kids fail to we blame the kids or blame the teacher?

What are you even talking about? I honestly don't even understand what idiotic point you were trying to make in that post.

Guns results in thousands of deaths in the US every year. The US would be a safer place if they enacted stricter gun control. People can still have guns. Shotguns, rifles, limited assault rifles. If you just took the more egregious uncontrolled assault rifles and handguns off the street, you would save thousands of lives every year.

You'd rather condemn thousands of people to die because you think there's a small chance you'll have to fight against your government? And like you'd win. They'd fucking wreck you with tanks and drones before you did shit.

I can understand a lot of arguments for gun ownership... Fighting back against the American military is not one that I would even remotely entertain.

Get control of your emotions before you speak with me.

He must be young. Today’s youth are weak.
Hahahaha, okay there bud. I'm almost certainly older than you.

I'm wise enough to know that if I had a bunch of guns, I'm not going to be able to do shit if my government decided to go fascist.

It's retarded children like you that don't understand the context of the United States' right to bear arms. That was enacted back when civilian militias armed with muskets could actually band together and combat an oppressive government. You'd have zero chance of succeeding at that now. The US military is so highly trained and armed, probably 10-20 soldiers could easily kill 100 armed civilians. And then you'd have to deal with tanks, fighter jets, drones, etc.

Such a naive viewpoint that guns would save you from an oppressive regime.

Get control of your emotions before you speak with me.
OK bud. I'd smash your little bitch face in person and I'll smash you in an argument on the internet.

You're nothing but a little cuck child with no balls and no intelligence.

He's 100% correct. 34 out of 35 mass shooters were raised in fatherless homes.

Boys these days are taught to suppress their masculinity, that being a man is something bad, and grow up to be cowardly, purposeless little pussies who hate themselves so much that they want revenge on society for how shitty their lives are.

I can understand a lot of arguments for gun ownership... Fighting back against the American military is not one that I would even remotely entertain.
Exactly. All these retards arguing that giving up guns invites your government to become oppressive are laughable. Guns or no guns, they're not going to stop the American government if it decided to go fascist and become a dictatorial regime.

The only thing that would save America, should that scenario unfold, would be a military coup made of people valuing American freedoms.

OK bud. I'd smash your little bitch face in person and I'll smash you in an argument on the internet.

<Lmaoo>

Well wouldn't you think those changes are just a sign of the times or maybe some realization that it doesn't need to be THAT hard? I can't imagine kids nowadays are physically less tough as a whole.
Jocko admitted that because when he went through BUD/S there's that famous bit where each squad has to carry the zodiacs on their head and NOW all the instructors do is like pull on them to try and get the team off balance but in Jocko's day (the early like 90s) they used to RUN across the tops of them and he's pretty sure his neck is fucked from it.

THAT said though, you also have the Army doing this:

My understanding is Fort Jackson is "easy" or has that rep but I was never in so I have no idea.

Part of it is watching Full Metal Jacket I'm sure but I always figured intake was like this:

@usmctanker242 @HunterSdVa29 @Roaming East probably could provide more insight into this though

200w.webp

Back