RBR Tim Tszyu vs Sebastian Fundora March 30th PBC ON PRIME PPV

Change of opponent and cut didn't help, but fundora earnt that win. The jab was there all night.
New opponent for Fundora also … equal playing field …. Also don’t forget Fundora got his nose broken in the second also

I think a lot of people wrote off a 6'6 tricky giant southpaw & forgot that Tim struggled with and was dropped by Gausha. Before his last 2-3 victories most people were saying he was going to get murdered by Charlo. But because he stayed active and took all comers he quickly became the darling of the division and kind of propped up higher than his talent. Rightfully so though. He deserves his status for actually fighting and giving the fans what they want.

12 days notice for both, big cuts but a fight that delivered.

I think Tim has the talent to go right to the top. But he's just lost the elevator to the top and will need to keep up his best form for another year or two now to earn those shots again.

I think he's a top contender now & hard nosed champ. I just don't think he has anything for Charlo, Spence, or Crawford. At least not util they age out.

The rematch could go differently but I honestly think the commentators were doing a ton of GLAZING the first few rounds. I agree Tim was up and looked somewhat in control. However, the writing was on the wall when Fundora ate every big shot Tim landed like it was nothing. More importantly Fundora was doing damage to both of Tim's eyes before the elbow. It just wasn't getting called out on TV.

I think he's a top contender now & hard nosed champ. I just don't think he has anything for Charlo, Spence, or Crawford. At least not util they age out.

The rematch could go differently but I honestly think the commentators were doing a ton of GLAZING the first few rounds. I agree Tim was up and looked somewhat in control. However, the writing was on the wall when Fundora ate every big shot Tim landed like it was nothing. More importantly Fundora was doing damage to both of Tim's eyes before the elbow. It just wasn't getting called out on TV.

Yeah Tszyu struggled to hurt Mendoza which cost him, he landed a lot of clean shots but Mendoza ate them

Yeah Tszyu struggled to hurt Mendoza which cost him, he landed a lot of clean shots but Mendoza ate them

It's a little bit unfair to downrate a fighter just because they don't KO every single fighter they face at the top levels. Especially when no one else has ever knocked Mendoza out either. And he may have been a bit more precise vs Fundora if he could see. Not like Tszyu hasn't stopped his fair share of guys.

It was always going to be a tough fight. And I don't disagree with Wklymemes that Fundora wasn't overwhelmed in the first 2 roudns either, he was working a plan like I expect a top contender to do. And then the fight took a turn.

I saw enough to see I don't think Fundora beats Tszyu without the cut. He squeaked by in a split as it was. Look forward to both their next fights. I think they both enhanced their reputation somewhat tonight.

Just got home from the fights. Fun night. Man, that cut was nasty. needs to be an immediate rematch. Tim is a warrior, but the right play was to let that fight get called early and take the no contest

rolly got dominated from the opening bell. bigger guy and he got walked down the entire fight. He doesn't sniff another title

Glad Romero got his ass beat
He had one of the fakest "championship" wins ever
Was getting his ass beat all over the ring by that guy who looked like a grandpa until a sham stoppage

Reactions: Ruv
I saw enough to see I don't think Fundora beats Tszyu without the cut. He squeaked by in a split as it was. Look forward to both their next fights. I think they both enhanced their reputation somewhat tonight.
Should be a rematch, Tim took the fight short notice and deserves to run this one back all things considered. I too think without the cut Tim gets it done.

It was nice seeing Fundora rebound in this way after the Mendoza knockout. Being able to take big shots from Tyszu early and coming out victorious in the end will no doubt do a lot for his self-confidence moving forward.

I do hope he goes back to his old style for future fights because fighting from the outside, while it may have worked here, does not ultimately suit him nor does it allow him to showcase his best abilities. Imo the answer to getting knocked out by Mendoza was to improve his pocket defense not do away with the style that got him to 22-0 and which made him a fan favorite.

Tszyu would've likely stopped him within a few rounds if not for the cut. That changed everything. He was rocking Fundora's head back in the first round. Even after the cut, he was still landing big shots on Fundora.

For those wondering who the very MILFy interviewer was...

MV5BMjRlNzYyODYtOGE5MS00MTUzLWFkNDQtNDc4Mjg5YTg1NjUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY0NzcxNw@@._V1_.jpg

How the hell is she qualified to interview fighters post fight in the ring? They had 2 women in there doing it. All sports are going the same way sadly, with unqualified crumpet getting key spots on sports TV.

I haven't watched boxing in awhile, but last night's card was pretty solid and had some entertaining scraps.

Back