RBR Tim Tszyu vs Sebastian Fundora March 30th PBC ON PRIME PPV

He was snapping Fundora's head back in the first two rounds. He'd have KO'd Fundora if not for the cut. It's such a ridiculous thing to judge Tszyu based on this outcome. It was the most freak incident. One of the worst cuts which led to one of the bloodiest fights of all time. It was a testament to Tszyu's mental toughness he not only fought, but fought well all things condiering.
Fundora was not hurt or wobbled at all though.
He returned fire and was backing Tim up before the cut and had already bruised and swelled both of Tzyu's eyes the round before the cut. I remember posting live that the commentators were glazing Tim big time & totally dismissing the slight success but noticeable damage the giant was doing. Tim was clearly winning the rounds still but the tide was turning pre-cut too. Fundora was fresh as a daisy in his corner clearly relaxed and communicating clear despite his face also being a bloody mess. No indication that he was close to being knocked out.

Tim landed great shots after the cut too. Fundora ate them like candy.

I think his power has been a bit overrated. Does he have power? Sure, he has that ability. Is it at the top level of the division. I don't think so.

Tim is the one guy I don't mind getting the hype treatment though. Dude has risked a lot for the fans & to stay active.

I think that's a fair assessment. He doesn't have the crazy power in both hands like his dad did. He's got good power, as you'd expect for the better guys in a division, enough to stop guys walking forward and to finish when he gets it right. But it's not something guys will have never seen before or even his biggest weapon. He's got a nice range of shots, courage, decent power, a decent ring IQ to make what he has work for him. That can get you pretty far.

As I said last night, it was a freak accident and a nightmare scenario for Tim. Without the cut I firmly believe Tim wins that fight. I'm still a bit surprised by how little they adjusted throughout the fight, the lack of corner advice and Tim head hunting despite not being able to see clearly. Good job by Fundora to stick to the plan and not take any risks against a compromised fighter.
Tim was out of position and ran into it. Was in a normal high guard and blocking position. I kind of feel like that's so similar to " just getting caught" . Protect yourself at all times and don't get sloppy.
Also, part of me would like to see Gossen's call-out explored more of the cutman not having the appropriate equipment & medicines. That was a bad a cut no doubt. But the corner didn't appear to slow it down for rounds & rounds. But im no expert there. But it did seem like a great cut man would of done him wonders and made a world of difference. Even though sounded like he had a known cut man.

I think that's a fair assessment. He doesn't have the crazy power in both hands like his dad did. He's got good power, as you'd expect for the better guys in a division, enough to stop guys walking forward and to finish when he gets it right. But it's not something guys will have never seen before or even his biggest weapon. He's got a nice range of shots, courage, decent power, a decent ring IQ to make what he has work for him. That can get you pretty far.
Or his timing helps when his power isn't enough. That often gets conflated with just having the brutal KO power, when in actuality its more about his ability to time things.

Tim was out of position and ran into it. Was in a normal high guard and blocking position. I kind of feel like that's so similar to " just getting caught" . Protect yourself at all times and don't get sloppy.
Also, part of me would like to see Gossen's call-out explored more of the cutman not having the appropriate equipment & medicines. That was a bad a cut no doubt. But the corner didn't appear to slow it down for rounds & rounds. But im no expert there. But it did seem like a great cut man would of done him wonders and made a world of difference. Even though sounded like he had a known cut man.

The cutman seemed ill equipped to handle something of that magnitude. In fights which are that important, you always want to spend for the best cutman you can find, but I'm sure Tim went with his usual team, which backfired.

Still, who could have seen that coming and in that way? I'm not trying to discredit Fundora by saying I think he would have lost if Tim didn't have an all time cut basically making him a one eyed fighter. Séabass fought well and didn't make any mistakes. He stuck to the gameplan and used his attributes. Props to him.

Tim and his team should have adjusted more in my eyes, but obviously I'm not certain how bad things were in there for him and how much he was impacted outside of the eye sight. I'm still surprised they even let that fight continue.

The cutman seemed ill equipped to handle something of that magnitude. In fights which are that important, you always want to spend for the best cutman you can find, but I'm sure Tim went with his usual team, which backfired.

Still, who could have seen that coming and in that way? I'm not trying to discredit Fundora by saying I think he would have lost if Tim didn't have an all time cut basically making him a one eyed fighter. Séabass fought well and didn't make any mistakes. He stuck to the gameplan and used his attributes. Props to him.

Tim and his team should have adjusted more in my eyes, but obviously I'm not certain how bad things were in there for him and how much he was impacted outside of the eye sight. I'm still surprised they even let that fight continue.
Especially when they robbed us of the gift of seeing cringe lord Rolly getting put out completely. They played that one safe.

But then they let this human UFC Just Bleed cock fight go all rounds plus the championship rounds. Lol

Another reason why combat sports make 0 sense sometimes. I think there may be some legitimatecy to where if you are known as a brawler or blood & guts fighter you get way more rope than the skilled defensive fighters.

One of the bloodiest championship fights I can remember in some time. Like Fundora was legit spitting massive amounts of blood as it was also running like a waterfall from his nose. I remember thinking they could even stop it for that.

You're the GOAT when it comes to that.
Any hot picks for us?????
Called all of the picks.
Had Valdez beating Liam
Zurdo beating AG
Cruz beating Romero
Fundora beating Tszyu.

None of you had those 4 picks. 80% of you thought Tszyu was something special.

He was snapping Fundora's head back in the first two rounds. He'd have KO'd Fundora if not for the cut. It's such a ridiculous thing to judge Tszyu based on this outcome. It was the most freak incident. One of the worst cuts which led to one of the bloodiest fights of all time. It was a testament to Tszyu's mental toughness he not only fought, but fought well all things condiering.
Julio Cesar Martinez had two cuts on his face, from headbutts, one on each eye, on the same card.
He fought through it.

Called all of the picks.
Had Valdez beating Liam
Zurdo beating AG
Cruz beating Romero
Fundora beating Tszyu.

None of you had those 4 picks. 80% of you thought Tszyu was something special.
Quotes or it didn't happen. But honestly it doesn't matter, you always pick the Mexican fighter. Then ignore when they get smashed but act like an oracle when they win. Not like its impressive or credible

Give Tim an immediate rematch.

This was a horrible and dangerous fight to take last second. I have no idea why so many people thought Tim was going to walk right through Fundora. Even before the elbow while Tim was clearly ahead he was taking too much dangerous.

Tim did it for the fans. However, he kind of got brought back down to reality here. I don't think he's on the level of the Spences Charlos or Crawfords.
I was honestly scratching my head when I heard that Fundora was going to be the replacement. I was under the opinion that Tim was the better of the two, but that the hight and size difference would be a problem. That's a discrepancy that you need a proper strategy, and camp to prepare for.

Just watched an interview with Stitch Duran where he said he wouldn't have been able to stop the bleeding if he was the cutman and would have recommended the fight be stopped.

Back