Tito Ortiz predicts he would have beaten Jon Jones in his prime by split decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tito thinks the way to beat Jon Jones is to stay on the outside....?

"Tito couldn't box oranges in a Sunkist plant". -Tank Abbott

There's no version of Jones that Tito would beat.... Sorry. When he was in his prime there's no way his wrestling was better than Jones. And there's never been a time where Tito's standup wouldn't be picked apart. So no... Tito, you wouldn't win that fight.

Tito winning by Matt Hamil fractured skull DQ

Is this with or without a cracked skull?

Lets compare both of their performances against bader

Tito did what Jon failed to do

Prime Tito got literally spanked by Randy Couture....

The only thing that Tito lacked IMO was confidence... The dude was never KO'ed out cold. He had a legit chin. I don't enjoy the personality but I have to wonder how JJ would have done considering he has no KOs in the UFC. The KO power that Chuck had was the ultimate equalizer for example. JJ doesn't bring that to the table (which is also why I don't think JJ is a legit challenge for Francis at HW, without KO power you get no respect)

WTF does it mean one someone says "I'd beat them by split decision?"

You either beat someone or not, you can't say I'd beat them on 2 cards and lose on the third, like you're some sort of schrodinger' cat.

Last edited:
Predicting a split decision is just admitting you would need unreliable or incompetent judging to swing in your favor to win.

I have time believing a prime Tito would beat a green 2009 Bones that fought Bonnar even.

Jon without PEDs, Tito would have a shot

WTF does it mean one someone says "I'd beat them by split decision?"

You either beat someone or not, you can't say I'd beat them on 2 cards and lose on the third, like your some sort of schrodinger' cat.
It is Tito so If he said he would win by potato I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back