TKO via control; we need this rule.

Should we have TKOs via control if the guy being controlled is doing literally nothing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
First off, I'm against standing fighters up for being unable to get up from bottom. You shouldn't reward someone's inability to get up from bottom.

Secondly, if the guy on bottom isn't doing anything (Lewis vs. Almeida), it should be called a TKO for the top guy.

Now, I think this has to literally mean doing nothing... like Lewis sleeping on bottom. The bottom guy basically has to be so exhausted, they aren't transitioning, they aren't trying to get up, and it should be over a long stretch of time like 30 seconds, and the ref. should give multiple warnings for them to move before the TKO stoppage comes.

I think this will solve issues of a lot of lay and prays, and force the bottom guy to take risks to get up or get finished.
In wrestling, judo and sambo it's called a pin. It would actually be easy to say you are going for a pin TKO and just hold people down for 25 mins until they gas.

You don't need to stand anyone up, you just need to reward whoever is actually causing offence and ignore the position they are in as it occurs. You should be able to win a fight off your back easier. If just stalling on top results in losses, fighters will attack more from those positions.

If you were truly doing nothing you'd just get finished. So by default, there's some type of defense still happening.

Strong positions or situations where one side scores or attempts 0 offense should be scored 10-8 or even 7. Too often they are not.

If you truly are doing nothing you should get finished.

Tkos prevent a ko or a grave injury.

If you get your arm/leg broken or are doing the mummy guard then you're in route for a ko or great danger.

No reason to reward a lay and prayer for not having an effective ground offense

What a terrible suggestion. And standing fighters up isn’t to reward the fighter on the bottom who can’t improve his position, it’s to reset the fight as there is literally no fighting going on.

This is the actual worst idea I’ve ever heard on here.

I don't think I would have seen someone literally do nothing until the Lewis vs. Alemida fight.

Derrick Lewis was literally in a coma or playing dead. That shit was weird, and he should have been finished cause of it.

How mad would people be if the ref in round 4 was like fuck this, Lewis is basically unconscious at this point. It's a tko.

Lewis was doing “literally nothing,” but Almeida still couldn’t finish him. There was nothing praise-worthy about Almeida’s performance and he deserves all the criticism he gets. He got the win, and no one is arguing that he should have lost, but it was an abysmal fight and it’s more his fault than the guy who did “literally nothing.”

No, I would rather have them stand up and put on a 60 second takedown ban.

Much better to prevent wet blanketing than to encourage it!

So if you take a guy down, and do not try to do damage/finish/advance position, you should be rewarded? Or am I misunderstanding?

I haven't used this meme is a very long time but it fits my response to the original post.
guy-confused.jpg

Do you want wins via pin like in wrestling or Judo?

Because that's basically what you're proposing.

Back