Social To protect my yard, I'm treating my neighbor's weeds

Hank Hill approves!

hqdefault.jpg

I truly knew that I had become an adult, when I learned to appreciate the greatness of Hank Hill.

"Well that's a good lookin lawn I tell ya h'wat"

You have a great looking lawn. Do not mess with your neighbors' lawn unless you have permission in writing or text.

Better safe than sued.

As you'll no doubt recall from this legendary thread, I have invested significant time, effort and money in redoing my yard. I prepped and laid down zoysia in the back yard last June and prepped and laid down fescue in the front last October. The former is still coming out of hibernation, but the latter looks beautiful.

My neighbor- who is literally a hobo in a house- moved in about 6 months after we did into a house that was immaculate. He has since let it fall apart because he is a lazy slob. Where once there was a beautiful lawn, there is now bare ground and weeds.

So they do not infringe on my amazing emerald paradise, I have taken to spraying weedkiller on his yard as I do my spot treatments. I won't be going through all the effort to maintain my yard and allow his sloth to negatively impact me. What would you do?

TLDR: My lawn rules. My hobo neighbor's lawn has no hobo treats so I'm treating it for weeds myself to protect my investment. Some will say I've gone too far.

Lawn of sherdogger (fore). Lawn of a fat no good bum (background):

View attachment 923491

Hobo slob's 'lawn' (close up):

View attachment 923492

I'd stay off my neighbor's lawn because I wouldn't want him in my yard. Stay off other people's property.

TLDR: My lawn rules. My hobo neighbor's lawn has no hobo treats so I'm treating it for weeds myself to protect my investment. Some will say I've gone too far.

View attachment 923491

View attachment 923492
I don’t see any lawn edges so no wonder why it crept in your area. The effort you went through all that and you didn’t put that up? You should consider putting a 6ft+ fence up or a hedge plant as a barrier (also privacy) so that way, it’s easy to control and weed whack the edge.

Last edited:
if you did that to me you would face some kind of serious repercussions as i don't want poison on my yard. you really have no right to do it and i would probably lawyer up (if you did not honor an initial friendly talk) and sue you or worse.

the kind of yard you keep is a health hazard to human beings and should probably be illegal anyway. i dont know why anybody uses that stuff honestly. .
The park you sleep in is not your "lawn".

As you'll no doubt recall from this legendary thread, I have invested significant time, effort and money in redoing my yard. I prepped and laid down zoysia in the back yard last June and prepped and laid down fescue in the front last October. The former is still coming out of hibernation, but the latter looks beautiful.

My neighbor- who is literally a hobo in a house- moved in about 6 months after we did into a house that was immaculate. He has since let it fall apart because he is a lazy slob. Where once there was a beautiful lawn, there is now bare ground and weeds.

So they do not infringe on my amazing emerald paradise, I have taken to spraying weedkiller on his yard as I do my spot treatments. I won't be going through all the effort to maintain my yard and allow his sloth to negatively impact me. What would you do?

View attachment 923491

View attachment 923492
First thing you need to do is separate the two plots by planting some stuff on your side. There are many options at your disposal.

Fucking Gophers went nuts on my back lawn. I finally had to rip it all out and start over. This time with Gopher Mesh under it. So far. So good. Got some weird "extra green" spots that I can't explain though. Anyone know what causes that??? It's all the same Turf... Maybe it's getting extra fertilizer from the decomposing bodies of dead Gophers that got caught in the Mesh as they attempted to re-destroy my lawn.

<{jackyeah}>

OBt9NVXihnNwIio6Cq2J10WJt26N3T
lmao I recognize those hills, I was about to ask if you were in the bay area, but let me guess. South bay?

View attachment 923491

View attachment 923492

Im looking to put K13 in my front yard, it's a shade tolerant variant of Kentucky bluegrass.
Your lawn is looking good sir.
I know from experience that loved that lawn to get it there.

I don’t use chemicals on my yard as I have a vegetable garden. I pull weeds once in a while but it’s a losing battle.

My son just bought a nice house and the backyard is 100% interlock pavers, no grass. He only has a small area to mow on the side and front of the house. I love that.

Yeah fuck that crap, we need another Joe Rogan height thread............or maybe more incel virgin advice threads..........

I was hoping for some honest discussion about pit bulls or tipping but those will work too

at this point you should move to take over his lease and begin to expand your operation now that you have proven the superior caretaker and manager

I'm the token white karen guy on my street. I take good care of my lawn and i have no problems walking on my neighbors lawns to cut back jungle, pick up trash, pick up palm/betel nut leaves.
I judge a man by how is yard and house looks. I too purchased zoysia sod for my back yard.

Back