News Tom Aspinall confirms he is fighting on the Manchester PPV this summer

Who is his opponent?

• Total voters
Better be blaydes. Gane doesn't deserve a damn thing.

will he get favourable scales like the alleged Abu Dhabi ones?
Why is no one mentioning this?
No wait , hes not muslim though is he?

Blaydes beat him and the loss is a TKO and that is a legit loss on Aspinalls record regardless if Blaydes has been playing in the marching band or wrestling sharks afterward. You can call it whatever you wish but it is a legit loss. The injury looked like it was from the exchange and that is the fight game. My assertion is that Blaydes does not need more fights when he already beat Aspinall. Aspinall has not avenged that loss so why would Blaydes, an opponent who bettered Aspinall need more fights to fight a guy who lost to him. This shouudl be a fight Aspinall is pushing for rather than shying away from it.

Aspinall should have already reran that fight to see if he can actually beat Blaydes this time around.
I'm half and half with you on a lot here and there. A win is a win, so Curtis did beat him, but disagree on that seeming like part of the exchange. He planted when moving back and it just went wrong. But while I do use a win when considering divisional hierarchy, there's a difference between that and using wins to default to "better," which ya just can't do. There was zero in that fight to suggest anything was better, other than Blaydes luck and maybe knee strength.

I don't necessarily think Blaydes should fight more to rematch Aspinall, but it does feel like he should for the sake of the belt, considering his one win bounce back was just Almeida. Then again, it's only the interim and the top is all messed up.

I did note that Blaydes beat Tom, but I don't treat it as if that should entitle him to be considered higher or anything, since he then lost to Pav and Tom beat Pav. Rock-paper-scissor results happen all the time, but ya just kinda gotta go with recency so.. Frankly, yeah, Gane might be the better opponent here if he didn't keep dodging his responsibilities, but the Curtis rematch more than suffices in that absence

Blades. Tom be looking to do better this time. He was getting lit up
Is this a joke at this point that I'm not aware of, or are people really this stupid?

Cuz I get tired of reminding people that it's only 15 seconds so it's really not hard to rewatch and see how obviously wrong that is

will he get favourable scales like the alleged Abu Dhabi ones?
Why is no one mentioning this?
No wait , hes not muslim though is he?
You're really gonna need to draw a line here to represent your thought process connecting this topic to yours

Cuz unless I missed a huge thread today on Abu Dhabi scales, despite no recent events there, it feels like reaching

Big Tom will make his opponent look like a silly sausage

You're really gonna need to draw a line here to represent your thought process connecting this topic to yours

Cuz unless I missed a huge thread today on Abu Dhabi scales, despite no recent events there, it feels like reaching
yes Im largely taking the piss

Let's match-make dat UFC Manchester:

UFC Interim Heavyweight Championship: Tom Aspinall (c) vs Curtis Blaydes (most likely scenario IMO)
UFC Welterweight Championship: Leon Edwards (c) vs Belal Muhammad II (can't deny Belal forever, and gives Edwards a good chance to win at home)
Lightweight: Paddy Pimblett vs Bobby Green
Flyweight: Muhammad Mokaev vs Kai Kara France
Welterweight: Gunnar Nelson vs Sam Patterson

Women's Strawweight: Molly McCann vs Cheyanne Vlismas
Middleweight: Christian Leroy Duncan vs Nursulton Ruziboev
Bantamweight: Farid Basharat vs Miles Johns
Featherweight: Nathaniel Wood vs Ricardo Ramos

Women's Flyweight: Casey O'Neill vs Miranda Maverick
Bantamweight: Caolan Loughran vs Carlos Vera
Where's my boy Arnold Allen? He strongly hinted he's on this card in the comments section of his YT channel.

Not fighting Giga either apparently, he does have an unannounced opponent but was never offered that fight.

Headlining vs Blaydes then. Makes sense I guess but it's a fucking joke that he's defending an interim belt - Jones is 100% suspended on the quiet again.

Too bad Gane rejected the fight. Blaydes then it is. For me interim belt in HW is the real belt right now, until Jones and Stipe have their retirement fight (whenever they want).

Back