Media Tom Aspinall says Stipe Miocic turned down UFC 300 fight, targets summer return

If I couldn't hate Stipe even more. I just don't understand this Jones obsession. If they want to fight so badly, take the title out of it. It's a trophy at this point. Tom is the real champion and he's trying to defend.

Not one bit surprised Stipe wants Jones first, and then he might take Aspinall later, why? MONEY, he wont take the beating unless he has the belt to ask for big money.

Would have loved Jones Vs Aspinall as a UFC 300 main event

SHITpe rather rescue a cat than fight ufc hws. The worst hw champ in ufCAN history.

People were giving Jones shit for wanting to fight Miocic over Aspinall, but when it’s Miocic wanting to fight Jones over Aspinall people are much more understanding…

<{vega}>
Jones has the undisputed belt and an unproven track record at HW. Of course people want to see him unify the belts against a young lion.

Stipe has a much greater track record at HW but he's also just a challenger at this point. Of course he wants an undisputed title shot over an interim title shot. And, unlike Jones, he said he would fight Aspinall after beating Jones, while Jon is clearly going to retire if/when he beats Stipe.

People saying he should wait for Jone's money fight but fighting at UFC 300 wouldn't be a huge payday?

Last edited:
If I couldn't hate Stipe even more. I just don't understand this Jones obsession. If they want to fight so badly, take the title out of it. It's a trophy at this point. Tom is the real champion and he's trying to defend.

But Tom doesn't have the real belt now, does he? And as much as Stipe wants to fight Jones — which as I've already noted, is a LOT — he wants to fight for the title even more.

EDIT: Talking about belts and obsession reminds me. You know of course that they don't give a new belt for every defense anymore, just add jewels to the existing one. But naturally they have a new belt on hand at the fight, and it's wrapped around the winner whoever it ends up being.

So last time Stipe fought DC, he gets the belt around him. AND HE KEEPS IT. He later tweeted something like "any belt that gets put on me, I'm taking home. Who's gonna stop me?"

Last edited:
SHITpe rather rescue a cat than fight ufc hws. The worst hw champ in ufCAN history.

Which may be the worst take about hw champs in Sherdog history.

Dude, you do know STIPE IS NOT THE CHAMP NOW. Not real or interim. No challengers he needs to defend against, no obligations of a titleholder to fulfill. You have a problem with how he's acting, or more to the point NOT acting, fine. But it has nothing to do with his stature as a champ.

Aspinall/Almeida for the title. Let Jones and Stipe bang and both can retire on the spot.
He already took out the scariest contender in less than a round. The only thing he's not keen on is on making worthless title defenses with an interim belt.

Stipe is 41 and rarely fights anymore. He will get his payday against jones and call it a day. He last fought 3 years ago.

People were giving Jones shit for wanting to fight Miocic over Aspinall, but when it’s Miocic wanting to fight Jones over Aspinall people are much more understanding…

<{vega}>

Isn't it obvious why? Stipe is trying to get a big payday before his likely retirement as his age certainly points to that he won't be as competitive anymore. Jones isn't just looking out for himself though, he's going against his obligation as champion to fight the #1 contender and in this case it's even an interim champion. I still give Stipe some crap for trying to skip the line but Jones is the one that has a responsibility, Stipe does not.

Given that Jones is the UFC record holder in pissing hot he should really have to be glad that he gets to fight at all. That likely wouldn't happen in a sport that takes cheating seriously.

So we have an incredibly talented HW who wrecked everybody in his way to the top.. sitting on the sidelines because UFC wants to do a fucking double retirement fight with the undisputed belt involved.

They are wasting Aspinalls prime.

Some of you sure are being dramatic over a guy being sidelined for one fight. I'm amazed you've recovered from the stroke you must have had when you saw what they did to Ferguson or Gsot.

This is very simple.
Tom vs Pereira, UFC 300
Jones vs Mioldic, UFC 400

Funny how the UFC covered Stipes back by claiming they didn’t even offer him Pav for the HW belt when Jones pulled out… they knew he would decline while he knew he’d get knocked out.

Same with Aspinal, Stipe would get folded in under two rounds.

What a circus the UFC is now running. It’s no longer about who the best is in each division, but rather who sells them a couple more PPV’s. Zero meritocracy.

The way things are going I think its gonna ba UFC 400 when we finally get the Jones vs Stipe fight lol

So we have an incredibly talented HW who wrecked everybody in his way to the top.. sitting on the sidelines because UFC wants to do a fucking double retirement fight with the undisputed belt involved.

They are wasting Aspinalls prime.
he should make a name for himself wiping out 3 generations of fighters
no one would deny him and his legacy
its not the ufcs problem
its his problem if he doesnt want to fight more

why wait for stipe and jones
he could make a name for himself without those 2

If Stipe accepts, I’d watch. I guess Stipe needs to weigh the options. Which one pays him more.

But since Jones is unreliable. If I was Stipe I’d go for Aspinall at 300.

He’ll be the underdog to both. But he can totally screw duck Jones over by fighting Aspinall.
Dude Stipe isn't looking for a fight that doesn't involve the undisputed belt

Back