Tom Cruise goes ballistic on MI:7 set, rips crew a new one.

Tbh Americans are what at 300,000 cases a day because people get lax on basic things like masks and hand sanitizer lol??

He's trying to protect a $150 - $200 million project from being shut down over some stupid selfish shit like that.. Don't see how he's the bad guy here, just a person with a brain and not acting like a child.

Looking on the wikipedia page, the project is already 10 week behind, including prior shutdowns due to crew members having COVID. Holy shit at breaking COVID protocol after that on the set, i'd be furious too lol. who seriously thought posting this on the internet would make them look like the good guy here?

Exactly my take. So long as the context of this audio is honest, then he's completely in the right for taking the crew to task over a fuck up of this sort. You've got a $200 million dollar project that is already a risky investment with theaters being closed for the foreseeable future, and you've already lost money on a previous covid outbreak. I'd fire the cunt on the spot if it was truly a case of recklessness or general douchebaggery.

Manlets when will they learn

Damn ... he looks old...

then i realized he's almost 60...

now i feel old :(

NINTCHDBPICT000621996497.jpg

Tom may be looking old, but Agent Carter can still fill out a blouse very nicely indeed:)

Cliff notes: "Put on a fucking mask because people's livelihoods depend on it!"

He's thinking about his coworkers. He has so much money it doesn't matter to him if they get shut down. He's worried about all the other people he's providing jobs for.

Exactly my take. So long as the context of this audio is honest, then he's completely in the right for taking the crew to task over a fuck up of this sort. You've got a $200 million dollar project that is already a risky investment with theaters being closed for the foreseeable future, and you've already lost money on a previous covid outbreak. I'd fire the cunt on the spot if it was truly a case of recklessness or general douchebaggery.
Not only that, but Cruise is one of the main producers for MI which means he has a huge financial investment in it and is responsible for production and implementing the covid rules. This is part of his job, not merely being an uppity actor. Good on him

That wasn't bad at all lol. But Jesus Christ is he dramatic. He's carrying the future of the industry on his back! Fuckin schmuck

A little too shmaltzy and boiler plate of a speech, but a good message I guess. He's the main guy steering the ship, so kind of has to take charge of these things. I don't know. I'm not mad.

he is also one of the co producers who doesnt wanna see 200mil. $ flushed down the toilet

Someone has to take the lead, and deal out some harsh truths when it comes to a project that big.

Most of the smaller players have no clue how to run a project effectively, and no sense of the money and time invested. Hard to feel bad for those who do not see the bigger picture, like how many jobs will be lost if the plug is pulled, or something similar.

Sounds like a rant you’d hear from any affluent White female liberal in the village I live.

This just shows what dire straits the entertainment industry is currently experiencing. There is a lot of weight placed on the shoulders of Cruise and Company to try to turn a profit.

Concert venues are hurting. Live theater is hurting. Movie theaters are hurting.

Investors are not financing movies anymore. As Cruise points out, every big budget film has thousands of people working on them to make a living.

Cruise feels the weight of the industry's troubles. After all, he has been doing this since he was a teen. He has seen it all.

He said out loud what I think many in Hollywood are saying in private. Hollywood, as we have known it, is on life support.

Oh well, two more wakeups until the final episode of the Mandalorian season 2. I'll see you all then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zer
Tbh Americans are what at 300,000 cases a day because people get lax on basic things like masks and hand sanitizer lol??

He's trying to protect a $150 - $200 million project from being shut down over some stupid selfish shit like that.. Don't see how he's the bad guy here, just a person with a brain and not acting like a child.

Looking on the wikipedia page, the project is already 10 week behind, including prior shutdowns due to crew members having COVID. Holy shit at breaking COVID protocol after that on the set, i'd be furious too lol. who seriously thought posting this on the internet would make them look like the good guy here?

Agreed. I don't like Cruise much with this Scientology and his somewhat wacky ideas in general. BUT in this video I applaud him. He has the balls and the ability to tell these people what's up. Sounds like the crew was getting lazy. All it takes is 1 person to get the covid and pass it around and his movie gets delayed or suffers in quality or the whole industry starts shutting down again too.

People need to be put in their place if they can't see the bigger picture. He's talking about people's jobs and livlihood and putting food on their kids' tables.

Well, apparently they have been breaking restrictions or something and risk getting the film shut down I guess? So Mr Cruise gave the team a bollocking.

One thing I gotta say, he is gonna go mental if he finds out one of them secretly video him and put it on the internet. tut tut

Probably some hot 22 year old actress he had a role in casting on set that he's trying to impress.
lp8QQPl.jpg

Back