TOMB RAIDER Reboot (49% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen TOMB RAIDER (2018), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
i hope it's good, i'm a mega fan of alicia vikander, i'd love to see her get more famous in the states.

based on the trailer it has a more indiana jones vibe to it. all depends on the writing and directing. at the very least, she's going to be good, b/c she always delivers on her performances.
I think they were looking for a Indiana Jones/Mummy (Brendan Fraser) type feel and it looks like they may have got it captured pretty well.

Vikander stepping into Jolie's shoes on this one isn't really working for me. As an OG gamer who waz a young boy for the original releases there are physical features missing that to me waz a major fail for this casting. I just can't seem to accept that those features are missing.

That said, I'll still watch it on DVD & hopefully they make a good movie. Just gotta forget that she's supposed to be Lara Croft somehow.

If they were going to ditch the bust... perhaps they should've added a story-line that she's the original Lara Crofts daughter who is named after her or something like that.

Lol you suggesting they shouldn't have made this movie because the lead actress doesn't have a big enough bra size?

Lol you suggesting they shouldn't have made this movie because the lead actress doesn't have a big enough bra size?
Not at all... I'm suggesting they should've changed the plot to her being the original Laura Croft's daughter or something... or they should've gotten an actress with the appropriate build. I've known Laura Croft since I waz a kid & that ain't her. It's like hiring an oriental guy to play Tony Montana...

<OKC16>

It just doesn't work. Tony Montana is Cuban, not oriental.

iu

Not at all... I'm suggesting they should've changed the plot to her being the original Laura Croft's daughter or something... or they should've gotten an actress with the appropriate build. I've known Laura Croft since I waz a kid & that ain't her. It's like hiring an oriental guy to play Tony Montana...

<OKC16>

It just doesn't work. Tony Montana is Cuban, not oriental.

iu

They kinda remade the video games and the new girl looks like that now.

So for this latest generation this is Tomb Raider they got it spot on, except I just noticed people are making fun of her giraffe / horse neck.

tomb-raider-neck-memes-01-480x320.jpg

laracroftneck.jpg

They kinda remade the video games and the new girl looks like that now.

So for this latest generation this is Tomb Raider they got it spot on, except I just noticed people are making fun of her giraffe / horse neck.

tomb-raider-neck-memes-01-480x320.jpg
LMAO

Who is she in the new game? Is it the original'z daughter?

That would make sense. I don't get it otherwize.

LMAO

No idea I just saw some youtube clips of the game a while back and noticed the changes to the main character.

tomb-raider-standard-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_WW.jpg
slack_imgs.jpg

TR-00104r%5B6%5D.jpg

LMAO

Dude, it's a reboot of the series. Why are you harping on this?

They said, "Hey, let's revamp this character," and then they did it. It's that simple.

The new Lara Croft is to the original Lara Croft as Nolan's Batman is to Burton's.

I think they were looking for a Indiana Jones/Mummy (Brendan Fraser) type feel and it looks like they may have got it captured pretty well.

The Indy films and the first Mummy movie are among my favorite movies of all time. I think this is in the same vein but it's going to be a B-grade version.

I can still have fun with B-grade Indy though.

They said, "Hey, let revamp this character," and then they did it. It's that simple.

The new Lara Croft is to the original Lara Croft as Nolan's Batman is to Burton's.

Yea @Myrddin Wild .. they did this 4 years ago in 2013.. by the time the movie comes out it will be 5 years of the new Lara Croft.

Geez you only like her for her boobz what the heck man get behind the character maybe it will surprise you and take you for a good ride.

They said, "Hey, let's revamp this character," and then they did it. It's that simple.

<{nope}>

I grew up with Lara Croft... that's what I'm working with <OKC16>

Haha... I'm just being dramatic, but I just can't get past it. I lived for over 20+ years with a busty Lara Croft, & I just can't shut that off.

Yea @Myrddin Wild .. they did this 4 years ago in 2013.. by the time the movie comes out it will be 5 years of the new Lara Croft.

Geez you only like her for her boobz what the heck man get behind the character maybe it will surprise you and take you for a good ride.

Well lets just change every f*cking body then. Domino is now black & has an afro, Godzilla is a penguin, & Predator is a Togruta.

A5rqBQH.jpg

p.s. Shado Priest - you gotta show me some pictures to see the different batman's you're describing. I'm thinking they can't be so different as to have completely different physical attributes, but I await your pictures. Change in costume is a different thing all together.

Last edited:
I grew up with Lara Croft... that's what I'm working with <OKC16>

Haha... I'm just being dramatic, but I just can't get past it. I lived for over 20+ years with a busty Lara Croft, & I just can't shut that off.

Well lets just change every f*cking body then. Domino is now black & has an afro, Godzilla is a penguin, & Predator is a Togruta.

p.s. Shado Priest - you gotta show me some pictures to see the different batman's you're describing. I'm thinking they can't be so different as to have completely different physical attributes, but I await your pictures. Change in costume is a different thing all together.

Sorry dude.

Us nerd boys have to get over that simply because comics were marketed to us nerds with almost every woman making Barbie look flat chested that is no longer case with movies. They are trying to appeal to much more than us nerd boys and our desire to see every woman cast, look like that. And there simply not that many, if any female actors to fit that mold.

It is also why every guy character is not built like prime Arnold even when the comic or book character is written that way and why Damon, Cruise, Stathom, Stallone, Willis, Gibson, etc and so many other manlets or near manlets can get those ass kicking action roles.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills Mugatu style in this thread. If I read through this thread and had no idea who Alicia Vikander was, I'd think she was homely. Some ridiculous standards in here. She's a beautiful woman.

Back