TOMB RAIDER Reboot (49% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen TOMB RAIDER (2018), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: September 19, 2017

First Official Trailer for TOMB RAIDER Starring Alicia Vikander

Tomb Raider is the story that will set a young and resolute Lara Croft on a path toward becoming a global hero. The film stars Oscar winner Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina, The Danish Girl) in the lead role, under the direction of Roar Uthaug (The Wave). Tomb Raider also stars Dominic West (300), Walton Goggins (Justified) and Daniel Wu (Into the Badlands). In theaters March 16, 2018.

Started off as looking like a pretty cool mystery movie with action thrown in.

Left thinking it's a typical CGI action mess.

I forgot Daniel Wu and Walton Goggins are in this, I'll definitely watch it now.

Is that even the same trailer that was posted on dude's Instagram? It looks a little different.

In any case, I've been a bit critical but I'll still be there on opening weekend. It's not like I'm going to just not go see the shit.

CrossFit chick has a strong neck.

She needed to be a tad more cute, something is off when she picks up those pistols.

Love Walton Goggins.

Decent trailer nothing to major, would have preferred a different lead but maybe she surprises, some nice visuals will give it a chance.

looks better than assassin's creed, but that isn't hard to top.

Lot of jumping and water hazards. I'll check it out on demand. Love Vikander.

i hope it's good, i'm a mega fan of alicia vikander, i'd love to see her get more famous in the states.

based on the trailer it has a more indiana jones vibe to it. all depends on the writing and directing. at the very least, she's going to be good, b/c she always delivers on her performances.

At least they have a token asian. Daniel Wu nonetheless. Into the Badlands sure has been a boon for him.

First half Tomb Raider

Second half Rambo

Tons of slow motion and CGI caked throughout the trailer so I can only assume the entire movie will be filled with it

Is that even the same trailer that was posted on dude's Instagram? It looks a little different.

In any case, I've been a bit critical but I'll still be there on opening weekend. It's not like I'm going to just not go see the shit.

Why exactly

Big Tomb Raider fan or just a big Alicia fan

Well, I understand why they made this, but to me it's just a waste of Vikander's time.

Why exactly

Big Tomb Raider fan or just a big Alicia fan

Neither, really. More like big fan of adventure movies and even a second-rate one is good enough to get me into the theater.

While I don't think the trailer looks excellent, I also don't think it looks bad. The mystery-solving element should prove to set this film apart a bit and I think that the movie will be a fun enough Saturday night at the theater.

I don't want to pre-judge it at all, but I'm just guessing I'll land somewhere around a 7/10 on this one, give or take half a point. But we'll see.

1. Are Nick Frost and Daniel Wu best friends now?
2. It looked good
3. It's the most video game trailer I've ever seen. I was this close to mashing imaginary buttons.

Well, I understand why they made this, but to me it's just a waste of Vikander's time.
What else is there to accomplish after winning an oscar besides slum it in a videogame or comic book movie?

I had heard this was going to be a more gritty, personal treatment based on the recent game, but from the trailer it just looks like another somewhat typical CGI actioner.

Vikander stepping into Jolie's shoes on this one isn't really working for me. As an OG gamer who waz a young boy for the original releases there are physical features missing that to me waz a major fail for this casting. I just can't seem to accept that those features are missing.

That said, I'll still watch it on DVD & hopefully they make a good movie. Just gotta forget that she's supposed to be Lara Croft somehow.

If they were going to ditch the bust... perhaps they should've added a story-line that she's the original Lara Crofts daughter who is named after her or something like that.

Last edited:
I dig the cast, but I don't think the movie will be a success. While these types of games are fun to play, they don't seem to translate well into movies. How's that Uncharted film coming along, right?

Back