Media Tony Ferguson: “F*ck retiring. I’m going to fight until the wheels fall off”

Should El Cucuy retire?

• Total voters
Let him fight I love watching him get his brains scrambled gets me hard

The wheels are off only thing I can think of is Paddy didn't finish him and he claimed to have to had some injury so feels he can still compete.

A family member or good friend needs to tell Tony it's over.
My guess at this stage is that the wife is patiently waiting for "the wheels to fall off" and then she'll split

Don't forget when he was getting the most praise (via MMA) it was the absolute worst time for his family. I'd imagine a CTE-ridden person without income would be easier to get away from.

I'm no psychologist so who knows

voted no, i want to witness the making of the longest losing streak in ufc.

I’m worried about what he would do if he did retire. Tony seems like the type of dude who gets in a lot of trouble if he doesn’t stay busy

hes like bj penn getting addicted to losing
bj in his prime has a win percentage of like 55-60 percent
atleast tony in his prime wins most of the time

they say if ur record looks shit already you dont care anymore

The people who voted 'no' enjoy seeing stage 4 CTE in real-time.

I was gonna say, somebody would need to put the wheels back on first for them to fall off, but I'm sure that joke has already been made somewhere here.

Weirdly, I think it will be worse for him when he retires.

Having been an MMA fan for 18 years, i say with certainty that the drive that enabled them (and any GOAT athlete, prize fighter, matador) to reach the pinnacle was a function of their nuerotic tendencies.

But god bless those even rarer air GOATS who get out at a time thst cements their legacy. Props for sure.

Youve heard "you rest, you rust?" yeah? All that to tell you of my towns local ex NFL pro, Morley Frasier. In his 70's and depressed with how his body was failing him, and despite of his beutiful wife and upstanding social position, ended his own life. He couldnt cope with who he was vs who he had become. Maybe he was being to hoinest with himself; These people need to believe thst ictory is the next one away. They NEED to. It's been proven thst the most succesfull of HIGH LEVEL PERFORMERS (you pick the discipline) all will convince themselves of the point i just made: Yesh you took sn L, but the next one will be. W.

And correlation is not causation; just because s person is a nuerotic, walking time bomb, doesnt mesn they sre gonna reach the top of their sport.

Has anyone ever conducted A FORMALL study/observation of once greats with slipping faculties, and plotted their genersl regrets against the winding down of their pro careers? Most of them KNOW they are blessed to have recieved such an opportunity and wouldnt hve changed a think.

If it get to the point where a possible hazard is luming, then its up to the UFc executives to refuse to sanction.

We need more people in the world who think that, despite the fsct that they've lost the lst 3(i know thsts being generous) thst just mens the msthematical probobility of getting a win nesrs thst much closer.

Finally whst botherd me the most sbout Tony is thst, well... he doesnt sppesr to be sn enhansed athlete. Part of your job if you wsnt s ressurgance is evening the playing field. I mesn, he csn go on prsnoid meth bender ( i sssume thsts wht it ws/is when he he id seeing ) but when posed with the temptstion of a once weekly tedt 300 shot, you turn into

I think Ferguson will go full Mayhem Miller sooner or later, he needs to retire and take his meds.

Ferguson going for that L's record, Ferguson vs Dober.

Back