Tony Ferguson and the sad story of Jason Miller

Jason Miller was awesome too bad things went bad for him,Tony s exam is not as hard as Jason s IMO,and a tip for younger guys alcohol and drugs always makes things worse ALWAYS

It's a tough situation. Normally I'd think the last thing a guy needs with his brain already misfiring is more head trauma and a public spotlight but he has a very limited window to cash in on his mma career and being broke certainly isn't going to help him deal with mental health issues. I can't see him holding down a regular job long-term (although maybe I'm wrong)

Still, hopefully he can get a few more big fights and cash out with enough to retire. I definitely don't see things improving while he's still fighting.

And what if her claims are falsified? What do you say about people who make such claims erroneously? It's not the most uncommon thing in the world.
Yeah.. this is all hypothetical (didn't say for Ferg specifically). Obviously there's people who malinger/falsify sx of psychiatric illness for secondary gain. But if he's not lying, yeah, he's probably crazy.

He had 6 cop cars at his house investigating him for Child Abduction. He did have the kid. He didn't go to jail or the hospital. They didn't even take the kid that day.

She is 0-3 on forcing police intervention on him in a month. While her claims may be an indication Tony has a mental health issue. They could just as easily be an indication she has ulterior motives, or mental health issues herself.
Clearly, you don’t understand how difficult it is to have an adult committed against their will even when they are severely mentally ill. You should shut it and educate yourself instead of spouting nonsense in your haste to attack a woman.

In order to have him committed again his will, his wife would have to disclose crimes to the police that could get him locked up for a long time. This puts families in a real bind because to get their loved one help, they risk ruining their loved one’s life. I have been in the position of making that decision and I chose not to provide the police with facts that would get my loved one involuntarily committed because I was worried about her livelihood and also her safety from the police. You tell the police someone has mental health issues and has made death threats, for instance, and they will go get the person with guns drawn. A mentally ill person who sees cops with guns is likely to react in a way that can get them killed or charged with assaulting police officers. I chose to tell the cops that I just wanted a welfare check, knowing they would show up, find inadequate reason to arrest, and then leave. But at least I’d know from the police’s followup that my loved one was safe.

I hate the Jason Miller story

It gets me down, I miss those days
When he had those battles with Jacare in dream.. mma was just better then

He really could have been something but I think not only was his head gone when he got to the ufc (second time) his body was aswell, and for some reason The ufc wouldn’t help him
The poor guy trying to fight Dollaway on one leg was painful to watch

I hindsight, I feel less guilty for thinking Mayhem was a clown for getting beat up by GSP and laughing. It wasn't funny, and now I know why he was laughing.

To compare the two is not appropriate at this point at all. Until the choppers are circling Tony's house, or he gets arrested just once, maybe we can start a more serious conversation. Do not compare Tony Ferguson to Mayhem Miller yet. Don't do that. He has a looooooooong way to fall before ge gets anywhere near where Mayhem is right now.

Mayhem is just a fucking idiot attention whore, Tony seems to have legit issues.

Mayhem was a fucking weirdo . I remember a guy interviewing him and Miller pulled out a knife.

No real like for the guy. Bisping whipped his ass.

Well Mayhem lived up to his name.

I kinda liked him. But I did not know him personally. I had a few friends that trained with him and they said he was off. But they also said that about Forrest Griffin who they trained with also.

Sometimes the brightest lights burn out twice as fast. Mayhem was a very bright light and very talented and took amazing risks He worked harder than anyone while sleeping his car. You could take Mayhem and make a documentary on his life compared to Aldo (which they already made documentary about) and I bet Mayhems life and personality is far more interesting.

To compare the two is not appropriate at this point at all. Until the choppers are circling Tony's house, or he gets arrested just once, maybe we can start a more serious conversation. Do not compare Tony Ferguson to Mayhem Miller yet. Don't do that. He has a looooooooong way to fall before ge gets anywhere near where Mayhem is right now.

Like maybe as low as Jon Bones Jones?

Like maybe as low as Jon Bones Jones?
As low as it's truly shocking Mayhem is still alive or not in prison. That rich mofucker had the best legal team on Earth. A public defender MMA fan who worked for years prosecuting in the DA's office. His lawyer was friends with all the DA's in his county. Cutting a deal was literally just asking an old friend to do him a solid. Too easy. That was free Solid Gold and it saved Mayhem's life.

Eeeeh... I don't think it is fair to Tony being compared to Mayhem Miller.

Maybe that’s why he wore sunshades indoors all the time- dem crazy eyes

From what I understood, Mayhem was always “off” but once he got his big hit of fame from bully beat down and coaching TUF, he went WAY off the rails. All it did was make his existing mental illness worse because he thought he didn’t need treatment or something like that.
His losses to Bisping and and Dolloway probably destroyed his mentality. He went into both of those fight less than 100 percent physically and probably couldn't believe he lost to the two. I thought for sure he would smoke the both of them.

Mayhem is just a fucking idiot attention whore, Tony seems to have legit issues.
Really..? If you walked into wherever Mayhem was right now you'd walk out terrified. He resisted 8 cops at a time and tried to kick their windows out like ten times. He went from charismatic MTV host into a 100% tatted head to toe with a rainbow mohawk he cut himself all fucked up on crack, meth, and heroin probably at the same time. He was on the news live tweeting begging the public to not let the massive Swat team outside kill him. Copters swirling around his house. Dana would not even comment..it's like "C'mon, I hope he gets whatever help that man needs." He's not talked about anymore by anyone people respect his mental illness so much. Why don't you rethink that? Cuz you sound silly.

Yeah, first thing i thought of was a meth fueled run of no food and no sleep when the micro-chip idea was brought forth.
And if no drugs, he needs real medical help, not just some prayers from fans and a hectic workout schedule.
Am I right in thinking that schizophrenia usually becomes stronger as people age?
Schizophrenia is almost always genetic. There's plenty of people on the bipolar/schizophrenic spectrum, but don't turn into rambling lunatics because they don't follow the negative behavior pattern. Drugs are the first thing to 'turn' those who are predisposed to schizophrenia already.

But schizophrenia doesn't get worse with age, It's the confirmation of belief that makes schizaphrenics get 'worse'. When you plant ideas inside your head, and then eventually believe it, you commit to the idea more and more.

Tony probably just had a zany random idea that there's a chip in his leg one afternoon. He didn't seek help and he probably convinced himself that it was true more and more until he's scaling fences with a kid under his arm running from the government drones scanning
his microchips.

Don't know the Jason Miller story but you can't compare this, every case is unique.

Just hope Tony gets the help he needs to get back up again. Don't even care if he fight again (that would be the best ofcourse) just hope he can have a normal life. WAR Tony!

well said

Tony’s had these problems and been aware of them literally since 2011. He went off his meds and had a psychotic episode. It happens. He’s got a family that loves him, it doesn’t seem like his wife wants to leave him, and he should be able to get his life back on track.
Schizophrenia is genetic so I doubt anything to do with his career or his friends caused this behavior. Maybe it stressed him out and contributed to an episode, but something like this would have happened either way

Tony has Schizophrenia ?

Back