Tony Ferguson being a POS

it’s a similar situation to mayhem miller, war machine, and others like this. he’s got problems inside his mind, and he allows them to become problems for others.

mental illness sucks, but we all have a responsibility to curtail our impulses to expectations. if you act like this, and make no effort to improve, eventually people will attribute it to your character, not your illness.

This is dumb, people root for/against fighters for their perceived personality all the damn time. Izzy is a case in point.
I couldn’t care less about personality. I’m here to watch fighters fight and appreciate those that bring it. Tony is a Just Bleed disciple and that’s enough for me. Not all fighter are Saints; this is cage-fighting, ffs.

Did you not watch TUF?

Dude went batshit crazy after a night of drinking... you could see he had some hidden demons

There's a reason that Tony's wife, Christina, filed for a restraining order a few years ago- stating that she was in fear of her life.

Cristina Ferguson, the wife of UFC star Tony Ferguson, has filed a restraining order against him, MMA Junkie's Steven Marrocco reported Thursday.

According to Marrocco, police filed five incident reports documenting "several domestic disturbances at the Ferguson residence since January 2018, including three in the past month."

Cristina Ferguson filed the restraining order after her husband took their two-year-old son to their home and changed the locks while she was with her parents in another city.

Paradigm Sports, which represents Ferguson, provided a statement to Marrocco: "This is a private family matter that is in the process of being resolved."

Cristina Ferguson called authorities on Feb. 16 because she was worried about her husband's well-being. Police arrived at the Ferguson household and didn't believe Ferguson to pose a threat to himself or others. One officer, however, told Ferguson he should seek medical help.

Three days later, police returned to the Fergusons' house to perform a welfare check, per Marrocco: "Police spoke to an unidentified female who stated Tony Ferguson had 'not slept for three days and was tearing apart the home' and 'broke apart the fireplace and believed someone placed a [computer] chip in his leg.'"

Vinc vs Ferguson is the fight to make. Vinc had a issue with Ferguson before even training with him, sounds like he was overly emotional or acting like a prick that rubbed off

He says literally that he had a neck injury and Tony started squeezing his neck practicing kimuras

A training partner talking about how Tony tried to intentionally hurt him.

Tony has always come across like a POS to me, between the Verdum situation, how he treated that journalist who asked him about mental health, and all his weird bizarre behavior. Why does the MMA community give him a pass for being a jerk?

Tony's always been a fake, and he makes the most of his "crazy, mentally ill" gimmick because he knows it allows him to get away with being an asshole, which he is. Fans then eat it up. That's why he gets a pass.

None of the crazy shit like tearing through walls and jumping out of moving cars on the freeway was actually witnessed by anyone other than his wife lol. No other random people have ever seen it, and he's always completely well-behaved when the cops show up. You can read all this in the police reports.

His dumb, attention-seeking social media game is a dead-giveaway as well. That nonsense he does where he capitalizes every word and uses all the emoticons is just writing in character. I've done that before myself for money. That sort of thing actually takes intention and effort. You can tell it's fake also because whenever he's tweeting out about one of his sponsors or whatever, all of a sudden he types completely normal. Does the "crazy" just happen to turn off only when he's doing sponsor tweets or something? lol.

And those little mini videos he's shown of him training in all these stupid ways. Like, you'd have to be next level dumb too think anyone can have an athletic career while training like that normally outside of social media posts.

The way he treated that journo was lame. That guy was just giving him some props. Tony telling him to fuck off was just him getting into character. He's done similar things to other journo's before as well.

It's been great watching him take these 6 ass whoopings in a row. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy haha.

I love watching Tony fight and his media stuff is entertaining, so yeah I'll tune in. But he's an unhinged maniac for sure. I'd never want myself or anyone I care about to spend any time with him. I felt the same way about Krazy Horse, Phil Baroni and War Machine. Except Tony was a much better fighter than those guys.

Being paranoid during a manic episode is not the same as digging your walls out and throwing holy water on people tbf sir.

Seriously the only sure bets in MMA is that Jones will eyesore someone in his fights and Tony is definitely a paranoid schizophrenic.

He thought his kid was the reincarnation of Jesus for fucks sake.

There is paranoia then there is insane homeless guy fighting invisible ghosts on the side of the road straight up delusion.

It's wild that everybody knows Tony is mentally unbalanced and generally a bad training partner so could you imagine this guy going in saying "My neck hurts" and assuming he would understand to not break his neck?

Come on bro you gotta know who you're working with here.

Tony's always been a fake, and he makes the most of his "crazy, mentally ill" gimmick because he knows it allows him to get away with being an asshole, which he is. Fans then eat it up. That's why he gets a pass.

None of the crazy shit like tearing through walls and jumping out of moving cars on the freeway was actually witnessed by anyone other than his wife lol. No other random people have ever seen it, and he's always completely well-behaved when the cops show up. You can read all this in the police reports.

His dumb, attention-seeking social media game is a dead-giveaway as well. That nonsense he does where he capitalizes every word and uses all the emoticons is just writing in character. I've done that before myself for money. That sort of thing actually takes intention and effort. You can tell it's fake also because whenever he's tweeting out about one of his sponsors or whatever, all of a sudden he types completely normal. Does the "crazy" just happen to turn off only when he's doing sponsor tweets or something? lol.

And those little mini videos he's shown of him training in all these stupid ways. Like, you'd have to be next level dumb too think anyone can have an athletic career while training like that normally outside of social media posts.

The way he treated that journo was lame. That guy was just giving him some props. Tony telling him to fuck off was just him getting into character. He's done similar things to other journo's before as well.

It's been great watching him take these 6 ass whoopings in a row. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy haha.

I definitely think it's a case of both.

I think he did all those terrible things with his wife.

I mean she sounds like she went through some major shit in her police call.

That or she's the greatest actor ever.

I've ALWAYS disliked Tony.

He has the same fans that think that everything Conor, Masvidal and the Diazes (especially nate) do.

Being a self centered prick doesn't make you "Cool"

I've been indifferent all of this time about Tony. I always wondered why JR wasn't too close to Tony, I think JR keeps his opinion to himself since he is a product of 10th planet. Now after seeing this video, it comes full circle, Tony is a POS. And I look forward in seeing him get rocked on.

I definitely think it's a case of both.

I think he did all those terrible things with his wife.

I mean she sounds like she went through some major shit in her police call.

That or she's the greatest actor ever.

I've ALWAYS disliked Tony.

He has the same fans that think that everything Conor, Masvidal and the Diazes (especially nate) do.

Being a self centered prick doesn't make you "Cool"

I'd believe the police reports if there were at least a few where someone else other than his wife saw all this craziness, but none of the police reports I read showed any of that. I'd have to read it again to make sure, but even the time he was supposedly tearing down his walls because he thought he was being spied on, pretty sure the police report states the cops didn't even enter the house to confirm any damage.

Yeh, being a self centered prick definitely doesn't make you cool, it does however, let you get away with a lot of shit lol.

Not only that, but he is a dirty fighter.

strickland is going to be just fine. he’s got a great attitude about life. most or all of his craziness is performative.

No tf he isnt, but of course you dont see it. i grew up with plenty of stricklands, and see how they turn out.
He even admits it himself what hed be if not FOR the ufc. plus i see through all that bravado.
alot of what he says is complete gibberish, and is clearly still scared of something. multiple people even his close friend
says hes out there. what his gf said about him really caught my attention.

Last edited:
It's wild that everybody knows Tony is mentally unbalanced and generally a bad training partner so could you imagine this guy going in saying "My neck hurts" and assuming he would understand to not break his neck?

Come on bro you gotta know who you're working with here.
I mean, Big John McCarthy's Ultimate Training has been closed for a while. I think like 8-9 years ago?

Tony is as textbook, classic Bipolar 1 as it gets and it's not debatable in any educated or experienced realms on the topic. In his specific case, he is an asshole mostly parallel to his illness or in other words, if he wasn't bipolar, he would more than likely still be an asshole. There can be a link of widely varying degrees between the two, but that's only ascertainable on a case to case basis.

No tf he isnt, but of course you dont see it. i grew up with plenty of stricklands, and see how they turn out.
He even admits it himself what hed be if not of the ufc. plus i see through all that bravado.
alot of what he says is complete gibberish, and is clearly still scared of something. multiple people even his close friend
says hes out there. what his gf said about him really caught my attention.
respectfully, you don’t know anyone like sean strickland; he’s operating on a level far above which you cannot comprehend. when he ends up financially successful, with a stable family and fulfilling post-fight career, you’re probably going to attribute it to luck, privilege, racist fans, etc. his humility and self-deprecation obscure the fact that he’s a very disciplined guy with a level head and a winning attitude. he’s navigated the pitfalls of life extremely well and made the most of his opportunities. he made it look easy. if you’re betting on his inevitable downfall, don’t hold your breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back