Media Tony Ferguson looking old and skinny during UFC 274 fight week

Forearm, yes an angle. But the bicep? That's a straight on shot.

Compare that to Chandler's bicep. Holy mother of god Tony is finished.
Muscles don't win fight, go back to looking at Ronnie Coleman at Bodybuilding.com or whatever it is you look at.

GleefulGlassCuscus-max-1mb.gif
The cars are from 20 years ago, probably the video as well .

Both are coming off of losses to the same couple of guys , Tony is a little older but Chandler only beat a very beatable Dan Hooker in the UFC. It is possible that this fight might be closer than we think .

And this is chandler this week

Oh man i cant bare to watch this

Meh he look like he normaly does. Like a boss

Maybe it’s a dark and off topic thing to bring up, but I swear I read something a while back that Tony had a drinking problem or maybe it was drugs idk. Can anyone back this up or am I imagining things ?

I still think the double weightcut was the catalyst for Tony's fall. If he had that little bit extra sharpness and speed in the Gaethje fight, he could have got himself started and put on the pressure that he normally does, like he did against Pettis, after that who knows how the other fights play out, without that Gaethje damage.

Every body worried about Tony? Just let him bang! Wtf... He is a grown man...

If you don't think Tony has genuine mental health problems and a few screws loose, i dont know what to tell ya! There's no way a sane person from a developed country would be able or willing to endure the punishment he's taken in fights.... like just toughing out getting his knee/elbow torn up in subs and eating 6000 power punches to the head until he basically ends up having a seizure standing up. That's not mentioning the (ALLEGED)insane shit that went on in his private life.
Pain tolerance has nothing to do with mental health issues. That's mental toughness, some people are just weak in body and mind. But Tony does have some issues though, it's no secret and it's public information. You should see the type of training and pain tolerance/endurance special forces people endure. It's called mental toughness and mental fortitude.

I don't agree at all, mate.

There are plenty of journeymen fighters who do nothing but take absolute beatings. Lot's of fighters fight through injuries that happen in fights. The punishment Tony has taken in fights isn't anything special. It's just highlighted a lot because his lack of skills sees it happening to him again and again on the biggest stage with the biggest exposure.

As for all the private life stuff, yeh, I just don't buy it. Billion dollar companies don't take any sorts of risks with liabilities like that. They wouldn't even do it for someone like Conor, and compared to Conor, Ferguson makes them basically nothing.

The UFC had a good look at Tony and his supposed mental problems and were happy to continue doing business with him. That should tell you everything. If he was anywhere near as "crazy" as he made out, they would have cut ties with him immediately.

Chris Benoit in the WWE is a good one to look at. He committed suicide and the WWE were all supportive and tributary at first, but the moment they found out he'd killed his family as well and had gone crazy they removed him from all their archives and never mentioned him again. If he'd shown any signs of unstability prior, they would have wiped him.

I've always just felt he plays it all up to get away with being a prick, and it's pretty undeniable that he is one. You can go all the way back to when he was on TUF to see that he was an asshole, and it's been regular asshole acts out of him since. Fans always give him a pass though. It's always "Oh, that's just Tony, he's just loco" or whatever bullshit.

I think it was telling how he reacted when that reporter, who had had good relationships with him prior, gave him props about overcoming mental issues. A good, normal person would have reacted differently. Tony told him to fuck off and put the character on. It looked like someone who didn't want to get props for something he knew was very played up on his part.
I think you are missing the public situations that happened with Tony, that wasn't part of his act or persona. I think that's what most people are focusing on when discussing Tony. I'm sure he's better now that's why he was cleared to resume what he's doing and back with the UFC. Can't really compare Tony to Benoit though, that's just something completely different and an extreme situation that shouldn't be used to try and compare other fighters or wrestlers with. Just look at Kanye, billion dollar businesses still work with him and his issues are public information as well.

Matt Hughes said it years ago, how he wished there was a 175 division, much easier to cut, I agree, that up to 185, divisions should be separated by 10 pound weight classes, 155, 165, 175, 185.
These weight classes make the most sense. The weird extra weight gap from 155 - 170 is weird. It never really made much sense.

I think you are missing the public situations that happened with Tony, that wasn't part of his act or persona. I think that's what most people are focusing on when discussing Tony. I'm sure he's better now that's why he was cleared to resume what he's doing and back with the UFC. Can't really compare Tony to Benoit though, that's just something completely different and an extreme situation that shouldn't be used to try and compare other fighters or wrestlers with. Just look at Kanye, billion dollar businesses still work with him and his issues are public information as well.

What public situations are you referring to?

You can compare Benoit to Tony in the sense that a billion dollar company isn't going to take risks with someone they think is that volatile. I wasn't comparing the end result of Benoit to Tony, anyway, only how WWE would have dealt with Benoit had they any clue he was that mentally unstable.

And billion dollar business work with Kanye because he generates that sort of money for them. Tony doesn't do anything like that for the UFC. He never has.

It's also different in this case. If Kanye flipped out and killed someone, that isn't going to come back on anyone he works with in terms of them being blamed. If Tony went crazy and did something really stupid, WME would pay for that. He's a fighter who gets punched in the head for a living and there is no way the media wouldn't relate that to whatever crazy thing he done. The UFC would then be taking a lot of heat for allowing that.

I honestly think Tony has had some mental problems in the past, but nowhere near the extent that he or a lot of fans have made out. The way he treats people, the stupid videos, the dumb way he tweets is all very intentional and not the traits of someone who is crazy or whatever. He knows exactly what he's doing with these things.

Back