Tony Ferguson made 500k, meanwhile in Bellator

Sponsors doe!!! They all make 6 figures easy.

I've said from the start that I think the Reebok payouts are too low. But I've seen a lot from fighters and managers talking about the sponsorship market is nowhere near what it used to be. I'm sure some guys still get good payouts, but I doubt it's very common or easy to do.

And people should stop saying the UFC doesn't allow sponsors. I see lots of social media posts from fighters thanking their sponsors. I just imagine that without the fight week exposure, they get less $ from sponsors. Or they have to do more work for their sponsors outside of the UFC. Grasso is always plugging her sponsors on social media.
Of course they have other sponsors then Reebok but fighters lost a lot of potential earnings when they weren't allowed to showcase their on sponsors in the cage in front of all the cameras and UFC exposure.

Sponsors doe!!! They all make 6 figures easy.

I've said from the start that I think the Reebok payouts are too low. But I've seen a lot from fighters and managers talking about the sponsorship market is nowhere near what it used to be. I'm sure some guys still get good payouts, but I doubt it's very common or easy to do.

And people should stop saying the UFC doesn't allow sponsors. I see lots of social media posts from fighters thanking their sponsors. I just imagine that without the fight week exposure, they get less $ from sponsors. Or they have to do more work for their sponsors outside of the UFC. Grasso is always plugging her sponsors on social media.

A fair point, however sponsors pay more when the visibility on TV is there. Bader is quoted on saying his pay from sponsors is about 60-75K per fight.

Chandler gets paid MUCH more then is posted. Bellator has signing bonuses, sponsors, media events, salaries etc. Are you just hating on Bellator or Davis (its fine if its Davis). Also Davis was offered a contract from the UFC he turned it down to take the bellator offer I believe, so overall this post is kinda pointless because you are comparing a UFC champ and super exciting and popular and visible guy to...phil davis.

So UFC has no undisclosed pay and fighters are posting products on Twitter and Instagram for free? Lol

if OP worried more about his own money than Bellator fighters, do you think he would have a job instead of posting these shitty threads?

Did you even read that article? Because Rory is basically saying he COULD have made MORE, but chose not to short term, for the long term gain. To quote the article you linked, Rory said "I’m looking at a big upside and I’m very happy with it.”

Of course he is going to say grass is potentially greener lol , are you in first grade?

if OP worried more about his own money than Bellator fighters, do you think he would have a job instead of posting these shitty threads?

How many times did I post between 9 and 5 today? Peasant still working at 630pm?

I love how 6 years ago UFC haters laughed at undisclosed pay and under the table bonus talk, now it's their entire argument for bellator lol

I love how 6 years ago UFC haters laughed at undisclosed pay and under the table bonuses, now it's their entire argument for bellator lol

Actually, Phil Davis having a bigger disclosed (see: not under the table) salary in Bellator than in the UFC literally is the argument for Bellator.

You're just dense and for some reason care to inaccurately white knight the UFC's fighter pay

So UFC has no undisclosed pay and fighters are posting products on Twitter and Instagram for free? Lol

Did I say that? No. I said there are more factors to this then the 30K to show, which you are laughing at. But I know for a fact (as train in Millennia at times in riverside with Larkin, and also used to train at cleber and at Kings) that multiple fighters have told me that there are more oppertunites with bellator because you are also partnering with Viacom. I dont get this thread, why are you hating on bellator? They also allow fighters to fight outside the contract, and in some cases they give salaries outside of the show money. They are very creative about how they sign people, which is why Chandler is all over the dave and busters ads and gets paid decent for each taping, as well as a slew of other things.

I am NOT saying the UFC is a number 2, but they have been know to pay less when they can. I still dont get your point to this.

Actually, Phil Davis having a bigger salary in Bellator than in the UFC literally is the argument for Bellator.

You're just dense and for some reason care to inaccurately white knight the UFC's fighter pay

Except he made 30/30 in UFC 3 years ago

Except he made 30/30 in UFC 3 years ago

Why is it that you think you understand Phil Davis' best business decision better than Phil Davis? Phil Davis left his UFC contract - which he was going into negotiations being 2-2 in his last 4 and coming off of a loss as a boring fighter - to go into earning $130k + sponsors against Newton. Since then, he has made a steady $60k/fight aside from his last loss.

When you find out what the UFC offered him, remake this thread. Until then, shuuuutt the fuuuuccckk uuuppppppppppp holy shit dude made $530k over 12 fights in the UFC with an average of around $45k INCLUDING Reebok. He is now averaging over $65k of Bellator salary PLUS sponsor money.

Stop sucking off the UFC. It is not always better for fighters to stay there. It is entirely dependent on the fighter.

Tony Ferguson is also a more exciting fighter with a more interesting (in a weird way) personality and is much higher ranked

Why is this a comparison?

Per this article accurate as of two days ago; http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manif...salary-main-ufc-career-fighter-earnings-html/

Phil Davis only made $530,000 his entire UFC career spanning 12 fights including Reebok sponsorships. That's about $44k/fight with no indication that he would be receiving higher or equal pay when his contract was up given that he was a boring fighter, 2-2 in his last 4, and the direction the UFC has been going.

In his Bellator career, he has made $130k against Newton, $60k against Carmont, $60k against King Mo, $60k against McGeary, and $30k against Bader not including any sponsorship money. That's $68k/fight average with good bargaining power going into his next contract.

Your post sucks ass. Tony Ferguson's money has nothing to do with Phil Davis' potential earnings, and Phil Davis' money is clearly better in Bellator.

Why do you wager his pay has consistently decreased throughout his Bellator tenure? He earned only 30k as the reigning champion?

Why do you wager his pay has consistently decreased throughout his Bellator tenure? He earned only 30k as the reigning champion?

He's on a steady 30/30 contract and he earned $30k of flat payout because he lost. That doesn't include sponsor money. His pay hasn't consistently decreased. His first fight was probably a signing bonus or something and from there was the 30/30 deal.

There's also taking into consideration expenses; he probably doesn't have to spend as much to fight in Bellator than he does the UFC. Less travel, less training camp fees because lesser competition, etcetc.

Back