Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson at Ufc 197

Who wins?

• Michael Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I actually love this matchup as an MJ fan. I really believe he's going to beat Ferguson and again and take that momentum into the rest of 2016. Could be a disaster if he loses though, 3 straight (although really only 2).

"Look I'll tell you why I made this fight. Nobody at 155 wanted to fight Ferguson, but Johnson. This kid Ferguson is nasty man. If he wins this fight he's in the mix" - Dana White
lol hes been in the supposed mix 3 fights ago. This is just absurd.

Huge...ly retarded if true.

UFC protecting Khebab from El Cucuy.

Why would Ferguson take a step back ward and fight someone who just lost to a fighter whochas been inactive ?
Maybe Ferguson wants to avenge the only loss he had since 2009 in impressive fashion that would be solid.

Ferguson probably wants to stay active

Fun fight

I can understand it. The first fight with Michael is his only defeat in the UFC, it makes sense that he would want to avenge his only loss in the big leagues.

From rankings/advancement point of view, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I can completely understand Ferguson wanting to avenge that loss.

I'm picking Tony by d'arce or UD.

Toni Toni Toni by far...he's on a mission to beat everyone but Diaz, Conor, RDA, name here, name here

Wtf?? Tony should be fighting Khabib for a title shot or at least Nate. Why is he fighting MJ??

Joe Silva, best match maker EVAR.

their first fight wasn't even close i remember tony getting out boxed handily

Ya, I was joking ... again ...

Like I said,

Losing to Nate is nothing to sneeze at though, Nate who is in shape and focused can cause problems for anyone. I've been impressed with Ferguson but styles make fights.

Losing to Nate is nothing to sneeze at though, Nate who is in shape and focused can cause problems for anyone. I've been impressed with Ferguson but styles make fights.
Ferguson is on a 7-win streak, ranked 5 and is moving on up. Ranked above him are Pettis and Cerrone, both coming off loses; Nurmagomadov, who is looking to fight in the coming months, and Alvarez who wants to wait for a title fight--but after the lackluster performance of his last fight I think he deserves another to solidify his claim as number one contender. Any of these 4 fighters makes much more sense for the up and coming Ferguson than Johnson who is ranked 7 after losing to Diaz (a fighter ranked lower than Ferguson, I might add).

Everybody should be able to see that Johnson is a step down in the trajectory towards his progress for the title. Being on a 7-win streak, he deserves a fighter above him in rank. Or at least Diaz who is ranked 6th and moving up.

Anyway, it has come to light that Ferguson has been rallying to fight sooner rather than later due to the upcoming birth of his child. It may be that Johnson was the one fighter left that was available for this time-frame after the higher ranked matches were considered.

Cool?

Last edited:
Back