Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson at Ufc 197

Who wins?

• Michael Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lol at michael johnson being a bum, he has a win over Tony.
What? Back in 1996?

Lol, I know -- he's not a bum. I'm just referring to his loss against Diaz in relation to the context of Ferguson's rise.

Good scrap but shit matchmaking.

Hopefully Nate gets Pettis or Alvarez. Just because Nate and Alvarez have a little storyline.

People talking about Khabib fighting people, IS HE EVEN HEALTHY!!!
Nate and Eddie have a storyline? I thought him and Anthony did

alvarez in a 5 rounder is winnable.
Idk the way Alvarez has been wrestling doesn't seem to bode well for Nate, would be a good boxing match though, I think Nate would outbox him but Eddie would have no problem planting Nate on the ground to steal rounds

Major step down for tony. I guess he wants that one back. If he wins he's next. Fuck Conor and Rda, he wins this, he's next.

3.gif

I wouldn't say a major step down. Barboza was only coming off one win against Ferguson. MJ beat Barboza as well.

I do get the lack of enthusiasm for the match up as it doesn't do a ton for Ferguson but it should be a good scrap. Tony just wants to get in there asap and these matchups happen with fighters like Tony and Cerrone itching to get back in there as often as they can. As a fight fan I like that.

3.gif

I wouldn't say a major step down. Barboza was only coming off one win against Ferguson. MJ beat Barboza as well.

I do get the lack of enthusiasm for the match up as it doesn't do a ton for Ferguson but it should be a good scrap. Tony just wants to get in there asap and these matchups happen with fighters like Tony and Cerrone itching to get back in there as often as they can. As a fight fan I like that.
Yeah and MJ I think should've got the nod against beneil that's who khabib should fight is beneil or tony should fight him. Alvarez vs Diaz is the fight to make for them because Nate had a good win over MJ and Alvarez has beaten two top 5 guys while it wasn't impressive he still got the nod and I think he still here's another good win or two in order to jump tony and khabib for a TS cause while khabib has been hurt he still has a win over the champ

So, apparently, Tony wanted to get another fight in before his baby boy is born in April. It was too soon for anyone else, MJ wanted a fight, and Tony wanted to stay active.

He didn't solidify anything man, that win against Pettis was lackluster. Ferguson owned Barboza and is 7-0 while Alvarez is 7-2. Again, his fight vs Pettis was not the type of fight that normally takes a fighter to a tittle shot. He has to beat Ferguson or Khabib to get there ( even if he wins again in shitty fashion)
Alvarez is 7-2? What do you mean by that?

Win over Pettis is impressive. No matter the context
Yeah Gil and Ben couldn't even do that, they ended up getting tapped, I however think Eddie still is behind Tony and Khabib because Tony has been in great fights and is on a great streak and so is Khabib and he has a win over the champ

Doesn't really make any sense imo, Tony should be in a no 1 contender fight, not fighting someone coming off two losses.

Ferguson is gonna destroy him.

I think the UFC wants Ferguson to fight for the belt.

Haven't seen much of Ferguson. It's time to pay attention to him and see what he's all about.

Odd matchmaking though.

What? Back in 1996?

Lol, I know -- he's not a bum. I'm just referring to his loss against Diaz in relation to the context of Ferguson's rise.

In 2012, Tony is very hittable on the feet and MIchael has outstanding TDD, won't surprise me at all to see this very competitive.

Weird matchup. Ferguson should fight Alvarez or Khabib in a contenders bout. I think Johnson vs Pettis makes sense. Both are on a two fight losing streak. Or Pettis vs Diaz/Barboza.

John Morgan said Ferguson's wife is having a baby in April so he wanted to fight in March. Khabib was who they targeted but he wont be ready till april and Alvarez has a hurt foot.

So Ferguson mentioned Johnson to avenge his loss.

I think Ferguson just wants his revenge. Because beating Johnson probably wont earn him a title shot.

Well here's our explanation.

Back