Tony Ferguson vs Michael Johnson at Ufc 197

Who wins?

• Michael Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is this possibly an insurance policy incase RDA or McG get hurt???

"Look I'll tell you why I made this fight. Nobody at 155 wanted to fight Ferguson, but Johnson. This kid Ferguson is nasty man. If he wins this fight he's in the mix" - Dana White

seems like a lot of people on this thread actually "like" this fight. i think it's ridiculous. makes zero sense. ferguson is arguably a title contender and johnson has lost two fights in a row. at this particular time, this fight makes no sense.

It's not official, I don't think El Cucuy would take that fight and it doesn't have any sense. This has to be bullshit.

his last interview he said he is desperate to fight johnson again and wants revenge

Anyone else who thinks this match is pointless for Tony? He's on a 7 fight winning streak and will not gain anything to climb up that ladder. He should fight in a title eliminator match with Alvarez/Khabib.

Thoughts?

Anyone else who thinks this match is pointless for Tony? He's on a 7 fight winning streak and will not again anything to climb up that ladder. He should fight in a title eliminator match with Alvarez/Khabib.

Thoughts?
If he fights more impressively and beats MJ worse than Nate, I would guarantee a title shot. There are no contenders left for the title shot except Diaz and Khabib. The Khabib ship has sailed, and the UFC won't force Tony to wait on that beanie wearing bastard before fighting for the title.

It is a step backward. El Cucuy should be fighting for the title imo.

Why not post this in the actual thread? Your opinion isn't thread worthy enough to post outside of the actual topic. Respectfully. Not trying to sound rude I'm just being honest.

Dana said nobody wants to fight Tony so that's why Johnson is. Plus it will give Tony a chance to avenge his loss.

Anyone else who thinks this match is pointless for Tony? He's on a 7 fight winning streak and will not gain anything to climb up that ladder. He should fight in a title eliminator match with Alvarez/Khabib.

Thoughts?

GIF-Agree-I-agree-Have-to-agree-GIF.gif

Why not post this in the actual thread? Your opinion isn't thread worthy enough to post outside of the actual topic. Respectfully. Not trying to sound rude I'm just being honest.

Dana said nobody wants to fight Tony so that's why Johnson is. Plus it will give Tony a chance to avenge his loss.
I can fix that... ;)

A) There's already a big thread on this topic, no need for this bonus thread adding nothing new to the conversation

2) This is a very reasonable explanation:

iii) Hooray for HI!

Ferg being punished for that illegal upkick to Barbosa?

i like this fight actually
It's funny because when they asked Dana about Barboza-Ferguson, he went on a 30 second rave of how tough Barboza was for fighting Ferguson on short notice and coming back after the upkick to make it a fight. He didn't even mention tony

MJ really needs this win. He doesn't want to drop three straight. The UFC would be insane to think about cutting him but he could kiss any dreams of a title shot goodbye for a few years. Both guys are going to be coming with all they got.

If Tony avenges his loss he will have won 8 straight with the last 4 being Tibau, Josh Thompson, Barbosa, and Johnson. Yeah its not top 5 guys but damn it has still been an impressive streak. His next fight should be a number 1 contender fight if he wins.

Ferguson should be able to get his revenge. I'll bet this does mean we'll see Khabib vs Nate
I think Pettis vs Nate is a more likely fight.

IMO the only fight that makes sense for khabib is ferguson or MAYBE cerrone

Johnson aint doing himself any favors agreeing to this fight. Gonna be his 3rd loss in a row. Would have been better to put on a strong performance against slightly lesser competition and then get back in the title picture, but at the same time if he somehow pulls this off then it'll probably carry him straight to the top of the list of contenders.

Tony wins. Tony and Conor go at it at the post fight pressed (assuming Conor doesn't do his own). Next LW challenger ready to go.

Back