Tony vs. Dustin is going to be crazy.

Lmao. Confident guys don't care about what fans think are " bad matchups" they just wanna fight the best.

Tony keeps a steady output and then turns it up once the other guy fades. Waits for you to wilt. He can't slow things down once things don't go his way. Dustin has learned to switch volume.

Nate has better boxing and better BJJ. His cardio is usually endless and you can hit the guy with a shovel and he keeps coming. Tony's plan to make the other guy gas won't work, and the pressure just means close range, which Nate wants. Nate can have a bunch of losses, then come back and choke out Conor, beat MJ or Pettis, or dominate Maynard who's higher ranked. Cowboy was supposed to beat Nate, as well.
Does Nate really have better BJJ than Tony?? In a traditional/GI sense maybe so, but Tony’s offensive sub game and his ability to create opportunities in scrambles is also some of the best the division has seen. During his 12 fight win streak, 6 of those wins were by sub. Nate no doubt is good too and has racked up numerous sub wins over equality guys, but I don’t know if he has any sub wins in the UFC against grapplers as good as Kevin Lee or a juiced Gleison Tibau. Or watch him against a respected guy like Josh Thomson dominate and advance position to land brutal elbows and strikes on the ground. Have you ever seen Tony get dominated and battered on his back like Nate did against RDA or Bendo?? At best their BJJ is a wash, but I don’t think you can definitively say Nate’s BJJ is better. In fact I’d lean towards Tony from an overall MMA grappling/wrestling perspective.

Last edited:
If Dustin wins, hes most likely next in line for either beebs or gaychee. I dont mind another dustin vs justin fight but i absolutley do not want to see Dustin vs Khabib again....i dont even think Dustin wants to see Khabib again either.

I get that Tony wants to get right back to the clear #1 contender, but taking this fight seems crazy to me. Dustin may be a better version of gathje, more crisp boxer with great power at 155. If I'm Tony's manager this is the one fight I'm not taking. Bad style matchup, especially coming off the beating he took from gathje. Tony needs a decisive win against someone in the top ten and hes right back where he was. If he beats Dustin hes once again the clear cut #1 contender, but he could probably get the same result from beating hooker Felder or oliveria with far less risk on my opinion. This is an all in move, win and you get next title shot,(barring gathje winning and taking Conor fight) lose and you drop out of top five and probably never see a real ts. Amazing fight, I want to watch it, but seems way too risky to me at least.

Not sure why Dustin takes this fight, either. He seems pretty clearly to have the next title shot after his fight with Hooker, IMO.

Not sure why Dustin takes this fight, either. He seems pretty clearly to have the next title shot after his fight with Hooker, IMO.
Lmao. No he needs another fight. He was dominated by khabib. He needs another one to confirm he's a contender should khabib win

You can't sell the public in a rematch by selling Dustin barely beating hooker

When did he quit? He got choked out by a better fighter. Doesn’t mean he’s a quitter, everyone taps or goes to sleep. There’s no shame in tapping.
Ohhhhhh, I didn't realize we were talking about one fight

This fight is going to be insane... Maybe one of the best fights ever... I hope they make this fight...

If Dustin wins, I just don't know where you go from there. Dustin beating Hooker & Ferg probably wouldn't be enough to put him back with Khabib. The UFC would have to rely on GSP as the next fight, but what if that fails through? Or if it happens, then the LW title will go vacant no matter who wins. Dustin would find himself in prime position to challenge for it, but against who?

i think the ufc is planning on life without Khabib in the very near future. They’ll do GSP/Khabib after Gaethje (if Khabib wins, which I think he will). The belt will be up for grabs and of Dustin beats tony, he will fight Conor for the vacant title. The ufc will cash in on a huge PPV with Khabib/GSP. If GSP wins, maybe he defends against Conor for the payday. I’m obviously just guessing but the ufc will force Conor back down our throats again the second Khabib retires.

It is really dependent on Tony's game plan and how much he sticks to it.

If Tony is content to stand with Dustin, he will most likely lose.

However if Tony is focused on getting a hold of Dustin and stays committed to that game plan, he will most likely submit him.

Tony by submission in the 3rd round.

and Gaethje is going to KTFO Khabib

If Tony has changed his style after Justin fight Tony has many tools to win Dustin. If he stays the same he will get ko'd by dustin.

Dustin excels in firefights and brawls. He has no quit in him and is a dog. He beat Gaethje, Alvarez, Holloway, and Hooker at their own game (striking).

He's also at the tail end of his prime and Ferguson is firmly out of his.

Porier has lost and been ko'd but he's never been broken. Ferguson won't KO him, and this will turn into a brawl in a phone booth.

This is a very bad matchup for Ferguson.
Because Tony has also never exceled in a brawl or fire fight lol. The guy literally built his brand off of that.

Lmao. No he needs another fight. He was dominated by khabib. He needs another one to confirm he's a contender should khabib win

You can't sell the public in a rematch by selling Dustin barely beating hooker

Sure you can. They've sold plenty of title shots on a lot less than that. Hooker was ranked #5, and was on a 7-1 run. That's probably fight of the year, so you're acting like "barely" beating someone in a great, great fight is no big deal.

And barely winning over another Top Five contender isn't enough to get a title shot? Aldo parleyed LOSING his only bantamweight fight into getting a shot at the bantamweight title, so WTF are you talking about?

Most aren't giving Tony a chance because of how poorly he did vs. Gaethje and I get that...but with a full camp knowing you're going against a striker, I think Tony is going to be much more prepared. You learn a lot during losses. This time there won't be any nonsense double weight-cutting. Tony will actually have camp to game-plan for one fighter (unlike where he trained 6 months for a world class grappler and then it changed to a world class striker)...that's gotta mess up your camp no matter how seasoned of a fighter you are.

Joe/Eddie kinda feel the same way:
"We were preparing for Khabib this whole time...and all the sudden 2 weeks before the fight (April 18th) we get the OPPOSITE of Khabib...and not just the opposite in strategy but probably the most heavy-handed LW maybe ever."

(time stamped)

I think his crazy can be funny, but his personality is quite dickish, that being said hes my all time favorite fighter not because of his personality but despite it. His rant about ninja turtles is an all time great.

Keep this shit up and you'll find yourself ankle picked.

Ohhhhhh, I didn't realize we were talking about one fight

in all seriousness when has he ever quit. He’s a guy I always thought was mediocre, and made
It to the top of his division with heart man. You gotta appreciate dp.

Because Tony has also never exceled in a brawl or fire fight lol. The guy literally built his brand off of that.

youre only as good as your last showing and tony got his ass beat badly in his. Tony excels in brawls when he’s not brawling against clean, power boxing. Dustin will fuck tony up if tony comes in with the same game plan as he did against Justin.

Back