Tonys decline is unreal

That Justin fight man, When you see a fighter react like that its a downhill slope after
He ruined his own career, he has no one to blame but himself.

Instead of waiting for Khabib and getting his well overdue title shot, he decided to cut weight for Twitter, then accept the Gaetje fight where he had nothing to gain from, cut weight again and took a life altering beating. Prior to that fight, he was ferocious and fearless, he was walking through everything like a Terminator. Tonight he had that face he had in the 4th round against Gaetje, for the entire fight.

He's a shadow of the fighter he was and only because he had no patience to wait riding a 12 fight win streak when other fighters like Woodley and Edwards had no problem with whatsoever.
I don't think it was as simple as him getting his ass kicked by Gaethje and then declining because of that. It was a part of it but I think he was already declining by then. His prime was around the time he fought Barbosa, Vannata and RDA and he never fully recovered from the injury that got him stripped of the interim title. Sure he did beat Pettis and Cerrone afterwards but those guys were themselves on the decline and were always beatable by Tony because both do poorly against pressure fighters. Gaethje was the first elite LW he fought since that injury and he hasn't been able to pick up a win since.

Last edited:
Justin put a nasty beating on him and then Chandler's nasty KO. That will do it.

You could see the dude short-circuiting in the middle of the Gaethje fight...it looked to me like he was having mini-seizures after jabs in the 5th round. I love the dude's style and I love the dude's heart, but it's over for him.

Because a fighter got old haha?

Dude I fought for a bit. I got old. Life goes on brother.
lol I haven't seen you around at all but decided to do a wellness check and i guess you where in the PBP? Hard times for your boy man think he's done for good?

You don’t go kicking metal poles and there not be consequences.

Lol at people giving age as an excuse.

Aldo has been in plenty of wars, and is still legit. It's called actually being a good fighter and having fundamentals. Spinning attacks look cool and blocking punches with your face make you a "savage" but let's be real, he wasn't that good.

Probably. Personally I think his peak was displayed against Thompson. That Tony destroys any Nate that ever competed.

A distant memory unfortunately. Damn, it's tough but you don't perform like he did against Nate by chance. His team have a duty to tell him to him that it's over. Sadly even if they did I'm assuming it will fall on deaf ears.

Idk he actually looked great against Chandler early. A lot of people just won’t credit anything Nate does so losing to him will just be another knock on him.

He needs a beneficial fight at this point

That Justin fight man, When you see a fighter react like that its a downhill slope after

I believe his decline started before the Justin fight. Anthony Pettis was piecing him up until he broke his hand.

Accumulated damage and the knee injury from tripping over that cable are the culprit.

Obviously the age, injuries, and beatings have caught up to him. But his fangirl behavior over Nate was embarrassing.

That whole fight had vibes of a bellator main event with over the hill legends.

It's Khabib's fault. If Khabib would have just made weight he wouldn't have fought Justin. I also blame the electrical wire.

lol I haven't seen you around at all but decided to do a wellness check and i guess you where in the PBP? Hard times for your boy man think he's done for good?

Mostly I post in the MMA betting sub.

Yeah he's done. He's old AF for a guy with his mileage at a lower weight class. And honestly the cutting weight twice before the Gaethje fight was the begin of the end. It was one of those "Tony being Tony" things but he looked noticeably slower and then took a hellacious beating from Justin. That really sped his aging up a ton, he was never the same guy.

He probably won't, but he really should retire.

That's the price you pay for being so damn delusional and stubborn.

Back