Makhachev
AJ Mckee
Shabazyan

Tony
Costa
Nico Price (newest addition)
Gamebred
Overeem

Honarable mentions- Werdum when in shape, Cain while it lasted and Fedor cuz GOAT.

Max Holloway. Gone off the boil as of late but his body of work is outstanding, comes across as genuine and respectful in and out of the octagon, a future HOF candidate surely.

Jon Jones. As above seemingly past his peak but destroyed opponents in his glory days, personal issues aside I can't argue against GOAT status.

Justin Gaethje. Other than hating having to spell check his name each time I write it, Justin always entertains and after the Tony fight we could see him evolve into a lean precise striker with immense power. very scary individual but a good human being.

Khabib. Polarising style but no less effective, the sheer desperation on both Edson and Dustin's face's during their matches is a look you'll never see another fighter inspire in his opponents. truly elite.

Jose Aldo. Aside from Conor Jose even in his losses always looked every inch the champion, such savagery and explosiveness is rare, still competitive now after his first pro fight some sixteen years ago.

Nice change of pace in threads TS, we could use some light hearted stuff like this in the Heavies from time to time.

1. Israel Adesanya: Dude's the whole package, backs his talk up, and is one of most skilled fighters in MMA history. He gave you ungrateful basement dwellers the best fight ever. Can't wait to see how his future unfolds.

2. Max Holloway: It is what it is, blessed era Foreva. Seriously though, Max is one of the funnest fighters to watch. Will always be on his train.

3. Justin Gaethje: This man just isn't in bad fights. You can show this guy's highlight reel to just about anyone and get them interested in MMA. Much more excited to see his future now that his mental caught up to his physical.

4. Kelvin Gastelum: The other half of the best fight ever. Supremely talented natural born fighter, that said it's frustrating to see him not take his conditioning and dieting seriously while simultaneously posting his hashtag all over the place #OnAMissionForGold. Would be much higher on my list if he where a true professional. That said , as he is now the man puts on amazing fights. The dude had dropped every single one of his opponents at MW before he underestimated Till.

5. Dan Hooker: I'll admit my interest in him only went up after finding out about his association with Izzy. I'm a pretty big fan of the entire City Kickboxing team, love their style. Dan's been really stepping up his game since Izzy started becoming a star in the UFC. His growth and finishes have been a pleasure to watch.

HM: Calvin Kattar, Rob Font, KZ, Más, Cejudo

Probation: DC, TJ, Conor

Solid list, like

1.) Israel Adesanya became he does it all usually in style. Always smart and Tactical. Never wild. Striker. Great interviews.
2.) Jorge Masvidal Tactical yet vicious. Well rounded striker.
3.) Jared Cannonier on a tear like Jorge. Dark horse in the division and everyone is ducking him.
4.) Paula Costa a brute who always presses forward. Somewhat dirty and tries to play the bully but it makes for entertainment.
5.) Korean Zombie (Fuck you zombie for koing my boy Frankie but I can't wait until he smashes Ortega.) Always puts on a show and put on a master class against Edgar.

These guys are putting on the most entertaining fights at an elite level for me.

Honorable mentions
Frankie Edgar is always my boy but it's time to hang em up.

Wonderboy is someone whose style I always enjoy although I didn't root him against Woodley and I don't really care much about Woodley.

O' Malley was really impressive, I wanna see more.

Love it. You guys got me excited watching fights random fights again. Would add Gastelum and Korean Zombie to honorable mentions, both are up there with the best. Zombie looks like a new fighter since he came back from service and he was already a maniac, legit scary in the fw division atm.

Hope Gastelum makes a comeback as well, was picking him to be MW champ not too long ago and still has the heaviest left hand in the division imo. Also thought Dillashaw was up there with the best as well, until the EPO bullshit, broke my heart lol

Last edited:
Bones
Zang
Ngannau
Usman
Israel

3. Colby Covington - Don't care for all his out of ring bs but as a fighter, brings incredible intensity and cardio, makes great fighters look like amateurs

Sorry if I sound like a judgemental dickhead.... but you chose a decision grappler with a shitty contrived "brand" as your 3rd favorite fighter on Earth... and you're aware he's an ass, outside of the cage? There's dozens of more exciting good fighters out there...

giphy.gif

Okay, the rest of your list is understandable... but Colby? Really?

Last edited:
No order

Reem
Zombie
Robbie
DC
Yoel

Sorry if I sound like a judgemental dickhead.... but you chose a decision grappler with a shitty contrived "brand" as your 3rd favorite fighter on Earth... and you're aware he's an ass, outside of the cage? There's dozens of more exciting good fighters out there...

giphy.gif

Lol don't be sorry, I get it, I'm in the minority and I understand why a lot of people don't like Colby. I honestly love him for the reasons mentioned and all that stuff outside is just a facade anyways, hes getting people riled up to notice him and it works for him, I think its cool how that shit doesn't bother him. As a fighter, hes elite as they come at 170, cardio and wrestling elite.

Usman is the only other one and I don't like the guy as much because he ducks fights and I think hes genuinely cheesy lol Want to see a rematch between the two, all other wws dont stand a chance against these two

giphy.gif

Like for post comment content and Always Sunny meme.

I'm with you, I don't believe anyone when they say they like to watch Colby fight. Just fans of trolls.

Cowboy
Rob Whittaker
Dustin Poirier
Ngannou
Jon Jones

The Korean Zombie
Justin Gaethje
Conor Mcgregor
Jorge Masvidal
Bryce Mitchell

Adesanya
Nurmagomedov
Yan
Whittaker
Gaethje

Honorable mention: Tatiana Suarez and Movsar Evloev

1. Tony
2. Chuck Oliveira
3. Paulo Costa
4. Yan
5. Reem

im gonna exclude faber, tito and gsp as they are all basically retired but are 3 of my all time favorites.

tony
conor
holloway
garbrandt
covington

Back