Top contender Dustin Poirier gives UFC an ultimatum, says ‘this company is #1 bullsh-t’

If Poirier and Ferguson do fight, who wins?

• Dustin Poirier

• Tony Ferguson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shouldn't have wimped out of the Diaz fight. Now he wants to call the shots
Did he whimp out? I don’t recall the exact scenario but I though they wanted a 165 division, then the fight fell through.

I love CYE!

From a twitter reply for an 8 man tourney:

Tony Dustin Conor Al Edson Justin Lee Cerrone

I'd watch.
Tony vs Al
Justin vs Cerrone

Dustin vs Edison
Conor vs Diaz

Any LW tournament would be epic

I do miss the days of GSP and Silva having to defend against any prospect that was currently hot. 155 170 /and 185 has been log jammed for so damn long it’s so tiring as a fan

this is a golden opportunity for UFC to do a mini tournament for no.1 contender, kinda like invicta is doing on their next card. think people would be into it

Can you blame the guy for being angry? He worked his way up the division and now from the sound of it they are trying to get him to fight another person who isn't Tony/Khabib.

Redoing contracts....holding out....picking your fights...calling out dana...these are things I don't remember hearing about back in the day and are becoming pretty regular. I think we're witnessing the beginning of a power shift to the athletes over the company.

I think fighters feel they have a little bit of leverage now that Bellator has grown so much and are signing a lot of top UFC fighters like Mousasi, Rory and Bader. Porier could probably get a similar or better contract there if UFC don't treat him fairly. We need more of this in the sport. I believe if there was another 2 organizations as big as the UFC, salary for fighters would go through the roof, just based on leverage and competition. We know that the UFC keeps most of the revenue and they won't give more money to the fighters unless there's a reason to.

I think fighters feel they have a little bit of leverage now that Bellator has grown so much and are signing a lot of top UFC fighters like Mousasi, Rory and Bader. Porier could probably get a similar or better contract there if UFC don't treat him fairly. We need more of this in the sport. I believe if there was another 2 organizations as big as the UFC, salary for fighters would go through the roof, just based on leverage and competition. We know that the UFC keeps most of the revenue and they won't give more money to the fighters unless there's a reason to.

Agreed. They really need a collective bargaining agreement.

Problem for Dustin is the division does not have am active champion as Khabib is suspended, Tony deserves a title shot more and McGregor already has beat him, which is why they probably wont fight.
If the lw champs were moreactive, there would ve been a possibility for him to get his shot some day in the future. However, tony is waiting two years already so dustin needs to get in line.

He’s not a drawl B
so what. nobody besides conor and maybe cowboy is a draw in that division. least of all tony, still most of us agree he's next for the belt. if only the belt had been defended a bit more often, maybe this logjam couldve been avoided. bet dana now regrets letting conor holding it up for two years

All of these problems in the LW division date back to the UFC letting Conor fight for the LW title, then letting him fight Floyd Mayweather. Some unforeseen things have happened since then (i.e. Khabib jumping out of the cage and getting suspended), but the UFC gave themselves no room for error. The result is that guys like Ferguson, Poirier, and (previously) Khabib are collateral damage to the UFC selling its MMA soul for Conor.

With Khabib's current timeline, the best solutions now are:

(a) Offer Khabib and Tony enough money to fight in April, make Conor-Cowboy, put Poirier on ice.

(b) Reinstate Tony's interim title, make him defend against Poirier (with the winner fighting Khabib in November), make Conor-Cowboy.

(c) Hold out for Khabib-Tony, make a 4-man tournament for the next shot with Conor-Poirier and Cowboy-Iaquinta as the opening bouts.

Redoing contracts....holding out....picking your fights...calling out dana...these are things I don't remember hearing about back in the day and are becoming pretty regular. I think we're witnessing the beginning of a power shift to the athletes over the company.
When the company starts fucking over fighters, that's what happens. Top guys are weeding each other out while champs are fighting super fights and sitting on the sidelines. It's a bad time to be a #2-4 guy.

Here is the problem for Dustin. Tony deserves Khabib a lot more than he does, and there is no way Conor is going to fight him. He is in the position to make more now, but if his next fight(s) are not for the title, he is risking a huge payday. But if he waits, who fucking knows how long it will be. It could be years. Khabib could fight Fergie, then rematch Conor, then fight fucking Floyd before Dustin gets his shot.

Which means he is either going to fight Al and get some money or he is probably going to be sitting on his ass a while.

I want to feel sorry for him, but he should have fought out his contract. All fighters should.

Yet they continually sign 6-8 Fight deals and then the logjammed and forgotten about and disrespected.

Should have listened to the Diaz brothers and others and not got fooled by the Goof. People will never learn. The UFC is garbage.

It's also hilarious that Dustin is calling out the UFC and the shills are now out in full force saying he isn't that good anyways. Amazing.
They're doing the same to Colby "Zuffa Zombies"

Dustin has the boxing to frustrate Tony on the feet.

Wrestling to keep the fight standing or ground skills to hang (bjj I give Tony the edge but Dustin is far from a slouch).

And cardio to go 5 rounds.

Worst opponent for Dustin is someone who has power in his hands and Ferguson isn't that guy.

He's on a nice win streak, but that KO loss to Michael Johnson still looks ugly.
What about Ferguson's L to MJ? They weren't that far apart IIRC.

Back