Topuria should fight Max at 155 for the BMF belt.

OldFashion

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense for Max to go down to fw again this quickly after just putting on some real weight. Also, this gives Topuria the chance at a 2nd belt. Make it!

<{JustBleed}>

Agreed. BMF on the line. Title Contender otl. Both guys have fought at lightweight. After Mak has fought Arman of course.

topuria would die, send ortega to go and get that bmf from max.

we all know ortega was gonna finish max in the fifth when they fought.

If I was ilia I’d want to fight Max at 145 especially since that’s a big fight for his legacy

Yeah but I'm a Max fan. I can't wait for Topuria's arrogant smug ass to get finished. Holloway having to cut down to fw again after he put on weight would be disadvantageous to him and favorable for Topuria. Would be a different story if Max never had gone up in weight

So Max should fight the FW champ with no chance at winning the FW title? Gee, what a great deal

No he shouldn't lol topuria is still new. Bmf is for guys that have given us countless highlights

After that kind of performance from Max yesterday night, Max should probably stay at 155 instead of 145 for power and stamina reasons. Joe Rogan mentioned that Max did get bigger in prep for that fight with Gaetjhe and it showed last night when he gained more power in his strikes without any noticeable loss of speed.

Plus he doesn't have to drain himself down to 145 just to balloon up to 175+ on fight night again.

Fighters should have the right to defend themselves at all times in and out of the cage.

No thanks. That belt should forever belong to max

If the BMF belt gives you ppv points then who the fuck cares
Well Max should care. What kind of shit deal is it to fight the champ of your division, but instead of having a title to win, your opponent just keeps the title no matter what and YOU are the one who has to risk something?

Well Max should care. What kind of shit deal is it to fight the champ of your division, but instead of having a title to win, your opponent just keeps the title no matter what and YOU are the one who has to risk something?

Max already had the title He doesn't need to prove himself down at fw. Both have fought at lightweight, Let's see what Topuria is all about.

If Max wants to be at LW he should go for Islam, but most people here know that is a nightmare matchup for Max. Topuria matches up better if Max wants to he champ.

Max already had the title He doesn't need to prove himself down at fw. Both have fought at lightweight, Let's see what Topuria is all about.
Why would Topuria be the opponent then? He's the FW champ with 0 defenses and only 7 fights in the UFC. The "BMF" is veterans known for being in wars, and Max is the highest ranked FW contender. It's literally just having a FW title fight but making it not for the title.

Congratulations, Max, you earned a title fight but you don't get the title because the champ doesn't want to defend.

Back