Training in Thailand

thanks that makes sense about the coaches as their reputation is on the line if you represent them. I wasn’t worried about being beat up by MMA guys just wasn’t the atmosphere I was looking for. Do you recommend any traditional places in particular?

Sitjaopho is good, very experienced guys who speak decent English and it has a healthy balance of Thais and farangs.

My gym is affiliated with Sinbi so I'd also recommend it, especially if you want to also make it a beach holiday.

For gyms at the beach the ones i've heard good things about are
-Sinbi
-Phuket Top Team
-Phuket fight club
-Sitjaopho

There are probably more non-touristy gyms that are better for muay thai training. Also not sure if these have a boxing coach. Sylvie who is knowledgable about the fight scene in thailand recommends Chatchai Sasakul boxing gym in Bangkok. I'd assume most boxing coaches are to be found in bangkok.

Last edited:
I would recommend Qui qo que near Nantucket on the border close to the shore

How is the Muay Thai at gyms that also include grappling/mma such as Tiger Muay Thai or Phucket Top team? Going to Thailand soon, was asked to go by a member of my gym who actually competes in kickboxing and Muay Thai, but because I have some bjj matches that will be happening soon after, she said we’d find a gym that has both. Because it’s her dream trip and I’m just tagging a long, I don’t want to ruin the experience.

And so I don’t sound like a total douche I have said that I’d be fine going to a gym with no grappling lol

How is the Muay Thai at gyms that also include grappling/mma such as Tiger Muay Thai or Phucket Top team? Going to Thailand soon, was asked to go by a member of my gym who actually competes in kickboxing and Muay Thai, but because I have some bjj matches that will be happening soon after, she said we’d find a gym that has both. Because it’s her dream trip and I’m just tagging a long, I don’t want to ruin the experience.

And so I don’t sound like a total douche I have said that I’d be fine going to a gym with no grappling lol

Ive got a good friend at PTT. She seems to like it a lot there. I cant speak on Tiger as Ive never trained there and havent had any friends train there. But its an Impressive facility. I heard pad rounds are only 3 x 5 minute rounds for non fighters. Where everywhere else is 5 x 5. But that might of just been gossip. If those were the only 2 options Id probably pick PTT. AKA and maybe Absolute MMA are other options to look into if you need BJJ. Better area and if your friend doesnt like the MT at either of those gyms there are half a dozen others in close proximity.

Ive got a good friend at PTT. She seems to like it a lot there. I cant speak on Tiger as Ive never trained there and havent had any friends train there. But its an Impressive facility. I heard pad rounds are only 3 x 5 minute rounds for non fighters. Where everywhere else is 5 x 5. But that might of just been gossip. If those were the only 2 options Id probably pick PTT. AKA and maybe Absolute MMA are other options to look into if you need BJJ. Better area and if your friend doesnt like the MT at either of those gyms there are half a dozen others in close proximity.
Thanks we are deciding tomorrow, I’ll keep that in mind

There are many gyms around. Most of them have excellent services.

Anyone else get kinda bummed out knowing that no matter how good you are, no matter how hard you train, you’ll either A never beat a top tier Thai, or B never be considered as good as a Thai? Tbh that sentiment is really making me consider just giving up.

Like what’s the point if you’re starting from such a disadvantage? This must of been how white Boxers felt in the 60’s 70’s 80’s and 90’s lol.

Anyone else get kinda bummed out knowing that no matter how good you are, no matter how hard you train, you’ll either A never beat a top tier Thai, or B never be considered as good as a Thai? Tbh that sentiment is really making me consider just giving up.

Like what’s the point if you’re starting from such a disadvantage? This must of been how white Boxers felt in the 60’s 70’s 80’s and 90’s lol.

I mean if you are in the bigger weight classes there is not really that many thais around that are bigger than middleweight.
Also although very few there is farangs who can compete with Thais like Boughanem, also keep in mind while for you Muay Thai is a hobby,passion,dream or exciting vacation experience to Thais especially from Isan it is their way of supporting their family and making a living.
If your livelyhood is on the line makes you fights like a mad dog, look at the bright side you got access to education better life conditions etc. all we can do as people is play the cards we were dealt.

I mean if you are in the bigger weight classes there is not really that many thais around that are bigger than middleweight.
Also although very few there is farangs who can compete with Thais like Boughanem, also keep in mind while for you Muay Thai is a hobby,passion,dream or exciting vacation experience to Thais especially from Isan it is their way of supporting their family and making a living.
If your livelyhood is on the line makes you fights like a mad dog, look at the bright side you got access to education better life conditions etc. all we can do as people is play the cards we were dealt.

You know this is gonna sound real gay because this is an anonymous Internet forum, but that actually means a lot. Thank you.

Train to be the best that you can be and not the best in the world.

How do you think the average Thai boxer feels about never being as wealthy as a middle class westerner, and now has to hold pads for his spoiled ass?

Quit crying and have fun.

Back