Trevor Noah: comedy is better now that it's being progressive and not "edgy" like it used to

I totally agree that Stewart is a better comedian, but he's also 54 years old and did The Daily Show for 16 years with over a decade of professional comedy experience beforehand.

Trevor has only been on the professional comedy circuit for like 7 years total. Trevor still has a long ways to go for sure, but I like him more than some of the more well known comedians out there. Either way, comedy is a subjective art and enough people do find him funny that he's worth more than probably all the posters in this thread combined.

What Stewart has can't be taught, or really learned. You either have it or you don't.

Trevor doesn't have it.

I don't think it's being triggered to recognize how wrong he is about comedy. Can you imagine if comedy was always "safe" and not edgy? If there was no aggression in it? It would be like an echo chamber of politically correct horseshit. It would be stale and boring.

I would love to see him try to do an hour with nothing edgy. The only laughs he would get would be charity laughs.
Do you find Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Jacques Tati stale and boring?

How are his numbers? Is he as popular as Stewart?

lol, that trevor noah guy looks like the result of putting every single race of man into one person. it's like the perfect human for the globalist agenda. his accent is even a little bit of everything. guy is probably a machine.

Hes saying this on the view surrounded by those women? No thanks..

For all the radical right wing extremists in the WR who call people snowflakes, I have seen complaint threads about teen vogue, female tv stars, a music video, and now comedy.

I think everyone knows who the real snowflakes are, and they complain about everything lol.

"Must....defend....everything far leftist related....at all times.."

-Ham Socks

I hope Jon Stewart does something again soon for humanity's sake.

Do you find Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Jacques Tati stale and boring?

I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. I like modern stand up comedy (modern being like 1980's) precisely because it is irreverent and biting. Fuck can you imagine if Carlin had played it safe?

If people want to watch milquetoast comedy, then that's their choice. I won't be buying into it.

So some guy that apparently no one here likes gives his opinion on something as silly as the state of comedy and he's labeled a piece of shit, a beta cuck, and a cocksucker. You all honestly come across like 14 year olds lol. I guess I just don't like your awesome brand of edgy comedy.

There's more intellect in this thread than in his show where his """comedy""" is

>talks about other subject
>but that's not as bad as....
>DONALD... TRUMP
>laugh track
>I mean really? It's 2017, come on Donald trump!!
>laugh track intensifies, Noah chuckles to himself and waits for it to die down before he continues

What a fucking piece of shit.
Well-That-Escalated-Quickly.jpg

I first saw Trevor Noah's stand-up special, "African-American," I thought to myself, "Kid's pretty good. Keep an eye on him. Big things."

And now, not so much.

Back