Law Trump can’t get a loan to pay $464 million bond in fraud case, his lawyers say

So they started this during the election year of his first presidency, curious timing as well. This doesn't answer the question of the E Jean Carroll timing. Why wait 30 years? Why change the laws just for this case to be tried? It reeks of fascism and using lawfare against political opponents.
Dude, he’s charged for being involved in a multi-state scheme to submit fake electors in the 2020 election, and for what he did re: Jan 6— so yeah, those investigations obviously started shortly after he committed those acts. Why would that be a conspiracy? Isn’t that when they should’ve started?
2020 was, close enough. Point being this was never an issue until he was involved in politics. Neither was the E J Carroll thing.
Donald Trump has actually been under some form of investigation every decade of his adult life, starting back in the 1970s. Trump being corrupt and criminal is just who he is. He got away with it for a long time in business, not as easily in government.

Trump was a scumbag his entire life and had countless lawsuits and fraud cases filed against him. People just didn't care because back then his little baby bitch tantrums wouldn't have an effect on their lives.

Not sure what point you think you are making, but yeah people tend to care more when the corrupt charlatan becomes the president of the most powerful nation in the world
Yeah.

All the people bitching about how Trump is a victim here and the State is unjust very very conveniently ignore and excuse away all the small business owners that Trump stole from. They don't care because they are tribal and Trump is their leader.

Even if one thinks the State is being unjust Trump deservers it for all the people he ripped off and scheming he did. The Feds couldn't nail Al Capone on organized crime but they eventually got him with Tax evasion. In a similar vein Trump has been getting off ripping people for decades so if he finally gets his comeuppance then good fcuking shit !

Trump legal news brief: Letitia James takes first steps in preparation to seize Trump’s Westchester assets

--
I think NY State has a 5 - 10 % chance of putting a lean, taking the golf course or forcing a sale.

@Loiosh
How in the name of Sam Hill can I link a gif?
LOL @ a private estate. If that's Mar a Lago let it be known I called it :D

But you were perfectly ok with electing a guy who bragged about weaponizing the court system and stiffing regular people on agreed upon contracts, which Trump made a career of.

Give me a break on the whole "you've got morals" chirade. Trump has been a life long asshole who steps on whomever he wishes to make up for his failed business acumen. Including kids with cancer.

He made this bed, he can lie in it.
I think most of Trump's supporters know he's a garbage human being, but he's their garbage human being—which also makes them garbage.

It's funny: I bet many of Sherdog's Trump supporters at one time or another bitched about Dana screwing over fighters, and Dana and Trump are two of a kind—thick as thieves they are.

I'm defending the legal system. Trump can get bent. We have allowed the weaponization of the legal system for political gain. That's what tyrants do.
How is insisting that Trump should be above the law defending the legal system? If you believe politicians shouldn't be subject to laws, you should push for a Constitutional Amendment to that effect instead of just selectively supporting it for Republicans.

Where in my post did you see me bring up Jan6?

It was pretty clear from my response that I was referring to all the attempts by Trump and his surrogates to coerce, sway, and presssure officials to decertify the vote. The attempts made by Lindsay Graham and others to throw out votes for Biden to make Trump win. Attempt to send fake electors.
Dude are you not paying attention? The Dems are abusing the legal system to take out Trump. You guys are dumber than a box of rocks. SMH

Dude are you not paying attention? The Dems are abusing the legal system to take out Trump. You guys are dumber than a box of rocks. SMH
No, what happened is that a billionaire who was playing in the gray but staying out of hyper-controversial shit decided that he would rather sit front and center. Thus putting all his dirty laundry in the streets for the American people to see. Once that happened, it was inevitable that the wheels of justice would turn in his direction.

But this particular billionaire wasn't content to have had his go at public life. He decided he wanted to attack and smear a bunch of state election offices. He wanted to call them liars and frauds. He wanted to stir up shit in their backyards because he couldn't handle losing an election. He sued every-fucking-body.

I'll say it again -- This fuckwit decided to bring dozens of lawsuits against state officials because he couldn't handle losing the fucking election.

And now we're supposed to think the states that have brought lawsuits against him are the problem?

You don't play in the mud unless you want to get dirty. And this man clearly didn't think anyone would sue him back.

This fuckwit decided to bring dozens of lawsuits against state officials because he couldn't handle losing the fucking election.

Is Donald Trump the Mark Hunt of American politics? :(

I'm wondering if any of the MAGA bunch would be at all concerned if Trump turned to foreign entities to cover his bond, making him beholden to them. Do you really want a president indebted to, say, the Saudis? Or anyone really, private citizen or government. Talk about a compromised presidency.

I will forever remain flabbergasted at the hold this man has over his followers.

The GOP would absolutely jail every single Democrat if they could, but they haven't been able to. It's not for lack of trying.

if the GOP was playing the same game of lawfare there would be a dozen local right wing DAs filing frivolous criminal charges against brandon nonstop, as they should. they're not because they're stupid and operate with some principle, which makes them impotent losers who are going to get crushed by these tactical commies.

Nah..

Trump abused the legal system for decades, delaying, and pressuring small business to give in to his bullying.

He is now facing some modicum of justice.

if the GOP was playing the same game of lawfare there would be a dozen local right wing DAs filing frivolous criminal charges against brandon nonstop, as they should. they're not because they're stupid and operate with some principle, which makes them impotent losers who are going to get crushed by these tactical commies.

And what would those potential charges be for? What's the evidence to back any of them up?

Trying to "both sides" this isn't going to work. And it has nothing to do with your fairy tale that only right wing DAs operate on principle. It's that there's nothing to criminally charge Joe Biden for, while as we've already seen, there are mountains of evidence against Trump relating to the crimes he's charged with.

And what would those potential charges be for? What's the evidence to back any of them up?

Trying to "both sides" this isn't going to work. And it has nothing to do with your fairy tale that right wing DAs operate on principle. It's that there's nothing to criminally charge Joe Biden for.

whatever the deranged GOP DA wants. creating an open border and flooding it with terrorists is treason and brandon is aiding and abetting america's enemies. throw as much shit on the wall and see what sticks. make it sound good and have the right wing chud media run full coverage for months. who cares if it's frivolous garbage as long as you do it.

How is insisting that Trump should be above the law defending the legal system? If you believe politicians shouldn't be subject to laws, you should push for a Constitutional Amendment to that effect instead of just selectively supporting it for Republicans.

^^^^ Here comes the Democratic Party drone. 🤡

No one said above the law. What was said is that he is held to the same standard of the law. That's what 5th and 14th Amendments are about. They are not following the equal justice. They are setting fringe precedents.

whatever the deranged GOP DA wants. creating an open border and flooding it with terrorists is treason and brandon is aiding and abetting america's enemies. throw as much shit on the wall and see what sticks. make it sound good and have the right wing chud media run full coverage for months. who cares if it's frivolous garbage as long as you do it.

Ah yes, if real life DAs operated like they do in the strange fantasies inside your head.

Ah yes, if real life DAs operated like they do in the strange fantasies inside your head.

exactly. act like democrats and make up whatever you like. break 200 years of precedent, apply laws in ways never seen before.

Back