Trump commutes sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich

Just so we can all be correct here.

Blago wasn’t pardoned. His sentence was commuted. He is still a felon.

And this was dumb. Dumb move trump. Imagine what a glory this nation would be if bannon were the advisor, and not Jared fucking Kushner

When he says TV he means fox news. There was an active campaign to get Trumps attention. That going on fox news because trump is always watching TV

dont know what kind of 4d space chess trump is playing here. i would have expected obama to commute blago

It makes it that much easier to pardon Roger Stone. President Trump's pardons have been bipartisan after all.

<{Heymansnicker}>

{<jordan}

<13>

A pardon could take away Stone's ability to plead the 5th if he's ever compelled to give testimony against Trump.....

dont know what kind of 4d space chess trump is playing here. i would have expected obama to commute blago

Idk how you can cheerlead corruption and lawlessness.
Roger Stone is clearly the victim of political reprisal. If you think it's acceptable to use the power of the state to be wielded against "disfavored" citizens, your a cheerleader for tyranny because the current tyranny favors your political tribe.

Free all the criminals as long as they’re rich, or the political class. Embarrassing
Thats not really accurate. Some of them were rich. Some were the same political class. Not all of them.

Roger Stone is clearly the victim of political reprisal. If you think it's acceptable to use the power of the state to be wielded against "disfavored" citizens, your a cheerleader for tyranny because the current tyranny favors your political tribe.
That’s a load of nonsense. You’re wrong about my “tribe” for one thing. Roger Stone clearly broke the law. The talk of 6-9 years is ridiculous (not gonna happen) but he’s guilty.

I’m just not in favor of criminals or crime from either party. You apparently are.

Trump has never met a white collar criminal he doesn't appreciate.

Strange move. I'd be 100% okay with Rod spending every last day of his sentence behind bars. Let's send the message that using your office for personal financial gain will be met with the harshest of punishments

Hey man lemme get a puff.

Strange move. I'd be 100% okay with Rod spending every last day of his sentence behind bars. Let's send the message that using your office for personal financial gain will be met with the harshest of punishments
But you understand why Trump can’t allow that kind of thinking, right?

But you understand why Trump can’t allow that kind of thinking, right?

I'm really curious to see if there's any connection between Jared and Rod. If not, then my thinking is that this is misguided political gamesmanship. He's taking a softer stance on corruption, but it's bi-partisan so no complaining next time. Except from my perspective the issue isn't which party the corrupt belong to; it's that they exist at all. I'd rather we didn't negotiate on those terms at all, and simply threw the book at public officials who maliciously break our trust.

Hey, we need an investigation into Hunter Biden because corruption. This guy who was proven to be corrupt? Yeah we should let him out early.

8 years a long time, what an out of touch coot. So many people have done longer for so much less. If politics is the swamp, then Rod is the deepest of muck. Shame on Trump's cronies taking advantage of a senial old man.

8 years a long time, what an out of touch coot. So many people have done longer for so much less. If politics is the swamp, then Rod is the deepest of muck. Shame on Trump's cronies taking advantage of a senial old man.

I would bet that all of Trump's inner circle were lobbying against this and that it's just a matter of Trump's fragile ego and pathetic susceptibility to flattery taking precedence over rationality, advice, etc.

I'm really curious to see if there's any connection between Jared and Rod. If not, then my thinking is that this is misguided political gamesmanship. He's taking a softer stance on corruption, but it's bi-partisan so no complaining next time. Except from my perspective the issue isn't which party the corrupt belong to; it's that they exist at all. I'd rather we didn't negotiate on those terms at all, and simply threw the book at public officials who maliciously break our trust.
<PlusJuan>

Back