Trump glanced at the Sun for a couple seconds; have you ever done that?

Have you ever glanced at the sun for a couple seconds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
So CNN and it's new insane base are railing Trump for glancing up at the sun. I've done it 20,000 times in my life with no damage. But I want to know about others.. Maybe I have super-eyes that are impervious to damage. So if you vote "yes," please talk about the extent of your eye damage.

21032764_1693807313997490_8739982974679330609_n.jpg

Define glance.

Trump just wanted to prove all that "Don't look at the eclipse without protective measures or you'll damage your eyes" as fake news. And disprove the science as similar to those global warming and pro-vax frauds.

I saw the pictures and though what a numbskull. But watching the video he glanced up for like a second. The still photo's are doing more damage than Trump actually glancing up for a second because people will see the still photo of Trump looking and not going blind and think all the warnings are bullshit.

Of course you can glance up at the sun. But your body naturally has defenses against it - your eyes shut and water like crazy and your pupils contract to protect themselves. But when the eclipse is happening you are actually looking directly at the sun - something you don't ever really do even when looking up at it normally. You're focusing on the eclipse and forcing your eyes to stare directly at it and focus on it to try and see the moon.

Of course we've all looked at the sun . . . not sure why CNN or anyone else thinks this is a story.

Like everyone else, I saw spots afterwards and was eventually able to see normally again.

The still photo's are doing more damage than Trump actually glancing up for a second because people will see the still photo of Trump looking and not going blind and think all the warnings are bullshit.

Seriously? Because people will assume the picture is a video or something? Goodness.

Seriously? Because people will assume the picture is a video or something? Goodness.
No, the photo is a split second glance from Trump, but it doesn't show that time frame so folks see the picture and think Trump stood looking at the eclipse and didn't have any resulting damage.

I try to avoid following these stories anymore because such mass human stupidity serves no purpose other than depressing me, but like avoiding fight spoilers it never works.

Somewhere out there a toothless crackhead on social media is clapping his hands about how dumb that sun-starin' trump muffucker must be.

Never in a million years would it cross his mind that Trump momentarily glanced at the sun's location before putting protective eyewear on seconds later in a different series of photographs.

CNN made it sound like Trump stood there burning his retinas away which is indicative that the president is a literal retard and that makes toothless crackhead feel smart.

id say ive looked up at the sun for a fraction of a second. definitely not 2+

Of course we've all looked at the sun . . . not sure why CNN or anyone else thinks this is a story.

Like everyone else, I saw spots afterwards and was eventually able to see normally again.

I've only seen spots after a few seconds. That's probably too long.

I glanced up at it maybe 5 times yesterday, never for more than 2 seconds. Nothing.

I can't make a decision about Trump staring at the sun until I know what kind of jeans he wears and if he likes Grey Poupon.

I did it a lot as a kid. It made me sneeze.

All repub presidents have been branded as stupid by the libs as far back as I can remember, Nixon first term.

The libs will be calling the next repub stupid and racist too because that's standard procedure.

you mean during a solar eclipse?

Not during an eclipse, but that's because I've bothered to educate myself about what's occurring and why it's dangerous.
This President doesn't "do" learning about things before engaging in them.

I think everyone has, especially people who have played sports, many times I've gone to catch something and the ball passes across the sun and I end up getting the sun in my eyes

I know it's more dangerous during an eclipse because your retina doesn't close as quickly but this is an enormous nonstory

I try to avoid following these stories anymore because such mass human stupidity serves no purpose other than depressing me, but like avoiding fight spoilers it never works.

Somewhere out there a toothless crackhead on social media is clapping his hands about how dumb that sun-starin' trump muffucker must be.

Never in a million years would it cross his mind that Trump momentarily glanced at the sun's location before putting protective eyewear on seconds later in a different series of photographs.

CNN made it sound like Trump stood there burning his retinas away which is indicative that the president is a literal retard and that makes toothless crackhead feel smart.

Exactly

Back