Elections Trump Indicted On 91 Counts

they are all corrupt. They are all doing it.

Houchel had to come out and say she’s not going to charge anyone else with this.

Do you honestly think trump is the only one?

I’m not defending him, I’m just curious how much this will impact others deciding to be in NY and how that will impact tax revenue.
it won't move the needle

there will be a bunch of hot air coming from Bible Belt rednecks about it. But when it comes to people who know how to make money, and are able to do it without being super obviously fraudulent about it, they will continue to invest in one of the largest and safest economies in the world.

it won't move the needle

there will be a bunch of hot air coming from Bible Belt rednecks about it. But when it comes to people who know how to make money, and are able to do it without being super obviously fraudulent about it, they will continue to invest in one of the largest and safest economies in the world.
Overall, I agree. We shall see though.

The NY DA should be taking notes of all the people going on TV yelling at the top of their lungs that they do the same shady shit as Trump. Practically free money.

Why is this funny? NY is going to lose a lot of taxable estates due to this politically driven decision.

Leaving aside the fact that it is not a politically driven decision when the defendant is guilty as sin and there’s a mountain of evidence to prove it, all NY business people seeing this verdict are having one of two reactions:
  • The honest ones know they have nothing to worry about because they didn’t lie and cheat in their business dealings.
  • The crooked ones know they have nothing to worry about because they are not fucking morons like Trump and know how to do the bare minimum to cover their tracks.

I’m not defending him, I’m just curious how much this will impact others deciding to be in NY and how that will impact tax revenue.

Trump is most certainly not the only one doing it.

But all the others are probably doing a far better job at covering their tracks, and don’t have the pathological narcissistic need to draw attention to themselves that Trump does.

You fail to grasp just how much of an outlier Trump is.

But all the others are probably doing a far better job at covering their tracks, and don’t have the pathological narcissistic need to draw attention to themselves that Trump does.

I agree. Trump is low-hanging fruit. Big target and easy to prove

Idk where I said Trump wasn’t an idiot or guilty.

Idk where I said Trump wasn’t an idiot or guilty.

I did not said you did.

But you wondered how the verdict against him will impact others' decision to do business in NY, and I said that as far as other people engaged in the same practices he was, they will not be worried at all.

And I believe this because Trump is so drastically outside the norm when it comes to businesspeople in general and real estate businesspeople in particular that they will not see themselves in any danger of suffering the same fate.

Even the ones doing shady shit. Specially the ones doing shady shit. Because they are probably much better at it than Trump is.

I did not said you did.

But you wondered how the verdict against him will impact others' decision to do business in NY, and I said that as far as other people engaged in the same practices he was, they will not be worried at all.

And I believe this because Trump is so drastically outside the norm when it comes to businesspeople in general and real estate businesspeople in particular that they will not see themselves in any danger of suffering the same fate.

Even the ones doing shady shit. Specially the ones doing shady shit. Because they are probably much better at it than Trump is.
My question was in response to another person already leaving New York. There is been others who have both said that they were considering leaving New York because of this as well as speculation asked me how this would impact those incorporated in New York. I don’t think that my question is far-fetched at all.

My question was in response to another person already leaving New York. There is been others who have both said that they were considering leaving New York because of this as well as speculation asked me how this would impact those incorporated in New York. I don’t think that my question is far-fetched at all.
If they go others will take their place. I don't think you really appreciate the rest of the world's perception of the US economy right now. Check the value of the US dollar against any currency you like. From the outside looking in, everyone can see the US economy is performing better than any other pretty much. While many other nations are still struggling to achieve any sort of significant gains in growth following the knock on effects of the pandemic, the US has had no such problem, comparatively.

And guess what, despite all the doom and gloom you've been hearing, the American people have been behaving as though they're pretty damn confident in the economy too, and it's basically the main difference between you and, say, Canada, whose recovery has lagged and now looks to require at least another year or more to get back to more than 1 percent or so of real growth.

The proof is in their spending habits. During the pandemic, people saved money like mad for lack of fun places to spend it. As soon as things opened back up, so did their wallets. Despite high interest rates, inflation, and the rest, consumer spending has remained high ever since, which has in turn kept the economy chugging along. Contrarily, in Canada, for example, Canadians currently have about 75 billion dollars sitting in the bank due to a lack of consumer confidence. Analysts expect people to loosen the purse strings with time and in line with lowered interest rates this summer, as inflation has continued to decline and now sits at 2.9 percent, so pretty close to the target. We'll be ok, just not as soon as y'all managed. Regardless, the reason for the difference is clear.

Last edited:
If they go others will take their place. I don't think you really appreciate the rest of the world's perception of the US economy right now. Check the value of the US dollar against any currency you like. From the outside looking in, everyone can see the US economy is performing better than any other pretty much. While many other nations are still struggling to achieve any sort of significant gains in growth following the knock on effects of the pandemic, the US has had no such problem, comparatively.

And guess what, despite all the doom and gloom you've been hearing, the American people have been behaving as though they're pretty damn confident in the economy too, and it's basically the main difference between you and, say, Canada, whose recovery has lagged and now looks to require at least another year or more to get back to more than 1 percent or so of real growth.

The proof is in their spending habits. During the pandemic, people saved money like mad for lack of fun places to spend it. As soon as things opened back up, so did their wallets. Despite high interest rates, inflation, and the rest, consumer spending has remained high ever since, which has in turn kept the economy chugging along. Contrarily, in Canada, for example, Canadians currently have about 75 billion dollars sitting in the bank due to a lack of consumer confidence. Analysts expect people to loosen the purse strings with tine and with lowered interest rates as inflation has continued to decline and now sits at 2.9 percent, so pretty close to the target. We'll be ok, just not as soon as y'all managed. Regardless, the reason for the difference is clear.
We spend because the dollar devalues over time. Our system devalues saving.

I’m not saying anything about the US and their investability. I’m curious about NY.

We spend because the dollar devalues over time. Our system devalues saving.

I’m not saying anything about the US and their investability. I’m curious about NY.
All that will happen is other people besides them will make money. Suppose what you're worried about happens. Some people pull out, value/price goes down, becomes more attractive to the market, gets bought up, value goes back up. Big fucking deal. Real estate is a fucking legalized racket to begin with so what difference would it make, really?

All that will happen is other people besides them will make money. Suppose what you're worried about happens. Some people pull out, value/price goes down, becomes more attractive to the market, gets bought up, value goes back up. Big fucking deal. Real estate is a fucking legalized racket to begin with so what difference would it make, really?
None

Not significant given the sheer size of NY’s economy. In my opinion at least.

GG0Fz3HawAE9Zm8

they are all corrupt. They are all doing it.

Houchel had to come out and say she’s not going to charge anyone else with this.

I doubt it will affect much of anything.

If they applied this to everyone, it would be a disaster. She isn't interested in battling corruption, it's political. Trump should have expected this and covered his tracks better once he put a target on his back.

Back