International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Anyway, if you do have time. look through this thread, and some of the insanity by the left.

It's interesting, they are nit picking, and condemning this summit, while offering no alternatives whatsoever.

I asked @Limbo Pete straight up, what his approach would be...nothing?

of course he dodged. he, like so many here don't even know why they are upset.
<Varys01>

PS, it’s clear if you watch he misspoke. He states right after that it was agreed to AFTER the document was signed.
Or he was trying to take credit for something he just got through telling us Kim was already doing.

The other article I linked shows that we have satellite images of the site being destroyed in mid-May. It is also not part of the agreement.

Anyway, it is a positive, but it looks more like something Kim was already doing and used to negotiate the halting of military exercises.

Or he was trying to take credit for something he just got through telling us Kim was already doing.

The other article I linked shows that we have satellite images of the site being destroyed in mid-May. It is also not part of the agreement.

Anyway, it is a positive, but it looks more like something Kim was already doing and used to negotiate the halting of military exercises.

Than why would it be agreed to after the signing?

I went on a rant about this last night when I was talking to my GF. We briefly had the news on, and they used that "legitimize" line. What the hell does that even mean? North Korea exists, whether we like it or not. They have weapons, they have a military, they have a leader. They are allies with China. Meeting with them does not make them more legit, it's just a stupid talking point.

Kim uses everything as propaganda. He doesn't need our help on that. Another silly point, in my opinion.

I believe I heard that same talking point regarding Cuba. But for some reason, people seem to have flipped their stance? Lol.

I don't think there's much of a defense for this overall being a bad thing. You could make the argument that it is neither good nor bad yet, and just up in the air I guess.

But let's cut through the BS for a second here. There is almost zero objectivity on this board. The same people celebrating this agreement are the people who absolutely trashed Obama's Iran deal, and the people trashing this deal celebrated Obama's deal. You will see comparisons between the two deals in the coming days, I'm sure, and you can decide for yourself which one is more effective. But let's not pretend that many of the opinions in this thread are coming from an objective place.

Well, I don't really disagree with anything here. I also would agree that if it were Obama meeting Kim, that those posters would freak out about it. But I never pay attention to the right wing nut jobbers.

I don't really see this as a deal tho. I see it more as a significant diplomatic meeting, and am hopefully they can build on it. Also, I am very happy that we are not wasting money on war games. That is the best part of this to me.

To all of the posters who are shitting on this summit (you know who you are).

Would you have preferred the Summit hadn't happen?

Anyway, if you do have time. look through this thread, and some of the insanity by the left.

It's interesting, they are nit picking, and condemning this summit, while offering no alternatives whatsoever.

We're just pointing out that Kim literally got something for nothing. Trump gave him a bunch of Propaganda and is suspending joint military exercises in exchange for nothing. And now China is openly talking about sanction relief when NK has done nothing.

Maybe this appeasement will work and Kim will denuclearize and trump will get a Nobel Peace Prize.

But I won't hold my breath on that. And when people in this thread keep crowing that Trump pulled off some impossible summit I'm going to point out the obvious which is that Kim always wanted a summit and Trump has got nothing in return.

I would not want to speak for them, but I think it is because they had to defend Obamas deal with Iran for so long which had much more oversight. So now they can't understand why a deal with less oversight is being celebrated by the same group that condemned Obama.

There are a few of us, but not very many, that don't feel the need to view things that way. Both of these deals are much better than what was previously in place, which was nothing. Trump took a huge step here, and I'm happy about that. Was it perfect? No, but it was necessary.

I just wish people would stop acting so oblivious. It gets exhausting.

I don't think Kim has ever had to work very hard, he looked tired and hot. The whole thing was probably very taxing for him.

It was another walk in the park for the Emperor.

Unfortunately, humor usually has a degree of truth to it:
DfdPUdQVQAARVQH.jpg

I would not want to speak for them, but I think it is because they had to defend Obamas deal with Iran for so long which had much more oversight. So now they can't understand why a deal with less oversight is being celebrated by the same group that condemned Obama.

There are a few of us, but not very many, that don't feel the need to view things that way. Both of these deals are much better than what was previously in place, which was nothing. Trump took a huge step here, and I'm happy about that. Was it perfect? No, but it was necessary.

I just wish people would stop acting so oblivious. It gets exhausting.

Partisan Hackery 101:

When you hate the current president more than you love your country, you will cheer for failure.

So,
KJU says he'll give up his nukes AND close down ONE missile engine-testing facility.

The U.N will be allowed into NK to verify all of this?

"Trust, but verify."

- President Ronald Reagan

But we won't need to do that because KJU is soooo trustworthy...

Somebody got played and all they had to give up was training for the defense of South Korea with he possibility of pulling US. troops out of SK..

What a bargain!

If he renegs, we start war games back up in South Korea. Status quo.

The Trump haters cannot handle the fact that Trump is bringing peace to the world.

s4onig.jpg

Partisan Hackery 101:

When you hate the current president more than you love your country, you will cheer for failure.

But everybody has to come to that same conclusion, and hold themselves accountable for it. Everybody wants to point their finger at the other side as if they are not exactly the same. I really can't understand how people can be so unaware.

But everybody has to come to that same conclusion, and hold themselves accountable for it. Everybody wants to point their finger at the other side as if they are not exactly the same. I really can't understand how people can be so unaware.

Oh, I completely agree...

I condemned the Right and repubs when they did this very same thing to Obama...criticizing him for even thinking about talking to other leaders of hostile nations.

It was ridiculous then, as it is now.

Back