Trump may pardon Jack Johnson

The better question is, who's gonna pardon Trump?

Before the Andre the Giant legends there was JJ, though many are unaccounted for but my favorite one is when he walked into a bar known to lynch black people on site but JJ was so intimidating let alone heavyweight champ everyone was too scared to approach, he even went as far as saying how much he liked to fuck white women in front of white crowds, but again, he walked unscathed whereas many black people were beaten just for crossing paths with a white man.

Jack Johnson wearing ski goggles before it was cool. Etta Duryea wearing some 1911 White Oakleys.
jj1213z1.jpg Can-t-Hardly-Wait-seth-green-292269_500_393.jpg

Before it was on here I saw it on Yahoo.com on their main headline page and they had the same photo.
Looks nothing like him.
Who the fuck is there editor? And why did they choose such a fuckin dumb picture
These are from Ring magazine. They show him at his fittest as far as I have seen. PS not sure you meant my picture after reading PHAT's post.

jack-johnson-poses-for-a-portrait-picture-id163934000

Last edited:
What's he going to pardon him for ........ being black?

Trump can go fk himself on this one, this is nothing but a political points move, he could give a rats a** about Jack Johnson and doesn't deserve to have any affiliation with him whatsoever.

If it was genuine then whatever ....... but its not, its a cheap move.

He was n busive scumbag who was discriminated against because of his race. Pardoning him is good or bad depending on what part,of that equation you focus on.

You what?

The crime he committed wasn't being "a scumbag" though was it, so why would you focus on anything else?

Jack was definitely rough around the edges, but you try being from a generation practically fresh off the cotton fields i.e slaves! in a country that literally has your rights just above that of livestock and see if that doesn't give you a bad attitude.

We're not talking about some aggy kid from the Bronx who could of done well at school if he'd listened to his mother here, this was a completely different time.

You what?

The crime he committed wasn't being "a scumbag" though was it, so why would you focus on anything else?

Jack was definitely rough around the edges, but you try being from a generation practically fresh off the cotton fields i.e slaves! in a country that literally has your rights just above that of livestock and see if that doesn't give you a bad attitude.

We're not talking about some aggy kid from the Bronx who could of done well at school if he'd listened to his mother here, this was a completely different time.
Exactly. Let's base this off of said crime. Because for all intents and purposes it doesn't half look like he was intentionally targeted because he was black.

Something that was a very real thing then. Especially so a black person who was pushing social boundaries.

These are from Ring magazine. They show him at his fittest as far as I have seen. PS not sure you meant my picture after reading PHAT's post.

jack-johnson-poses-for-a-portrait-picture-id163934000
I was talking about PHATs picture. It's the same one that Yahoo had up where his head is 3 times the size and he looks flabby.
Not the one u put up

Exactly. Let's base this off of said crime. Because for all intents and purposes it doesn't half look like he was intentionally targeted because he was black.

Something that was a very real thing then. Especially so a black person who was pushing social boundaries.
Jack Johnson grew up, shit I forget where, but, Galveston is where he grew up, but he grew up with white people all around and said he hung out with white boys, ate at their homes, played games and spent the night over there as kids do today.
He really never felt different until he grew up and got away from his little neighborhood.
So there was racism but there were pockets in the South where black and white were just the same. Poor.

Don't really see the point....johnson died over 70 years ago. what would be gained by pardoning him at this point? it might score trump some political points in trying to win some black voter support..at least that would be the calculation...but most black people, at least 95%, already hate trump with the white hot fire of hell...and justifiably so...so, don't think it would gain trump any kind of leverage with the black vote.

I don't think it's gonna happen...trump won't pardon johnson unless there's something in it for him.

Trump is using this to send a signal that he has the power of pardons. . . .see his personal attoney Michael Cohen who knows that when he is indicted and refuses to answer prosecutor's questioning that he will be pardoned.

I'm glad he did. I don't like Trump and clearly it's a point scoring exercise but it sends a message that the accepted form of racism in Johnson's time is no longer acceptable. Even Trump thinks it was wrong, or at least that's what he'd like us to believe.

Last edited:
Back